Christopher Kane F/W 13.14 London

Hit and Miss collection for me - some pieces I love; others I loathe. I like Christopher Kane's aesthetic and design ethic overall though; he really experiments, he marches to his own drum. He seems to love what he does, playing with fabrics & silhouettes, never getting stuck - and to me that's infectious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw around 3 colections in here. There was some nice looks but overall it was too messy. Im used to a very organized thinking Kane with a colection around 30-ish looks, not this mess.

I LOVE the brain embroidery, I wish he had switched some of the flower appliqué pieces for more of that, they're too wierd for me. The fur/shiny camo combo reminds me of the good ol' bleached denim/snakeskin print in a weird way. I like it. It's a bit off topic, bit I have to say in Kane's defence that opening ceremony began copying his aesthetic and little complicated mini dresses quite some years ago!

So cool. The brain pieces, the fur (oh god the fur!), the camo- I love it all. There's something in this collection for everyone.

I thought the collection was magificent from beginning to end, the first look to me was MAJOR! Along with the fur looks which were utterly gorgeous, I wish he was still at Versus...

He's definitely made fur interesting, which is no small feat. I'm not sure if it's wearable. And is it really that interesting?

There are lot of great ideas in this collection, almost too many, and unfortunately it is rare that any of them are refined or explored enough to be 100% convincing. He's a bonafide talent, that is very certain, but some focus and a little ambition to dress real women wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->