Christopher Kane S/S 11 London

what a disappointment.. there is nothing really new about this collection.. the lasercut leather immediately reminded me of Dior and there were too many looks of it..
the neony lace chiffon made me think of Burberry.. overall the collection is very flat, the shoes are ugly too.

This is exacty what I needed after a somber week of NY fashion. Those neon colors are just absolutely fabulous. They're going the same direction as proenza is: lady like and nice clean silhouettes but have a terrific color palette that brings to mind some techno aspect and bring a punch to the overall collection. I'm definitely sold.

This is offensive. The 'design', the color, the fabric, the shoes - awful.

The last pieces are gorgeous! Drug induced hazed with beauty!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the prints and the neon pleated dresses and heels but I'm quite disappointed overall considering he delivered a sophisticated Fall collection. The first few looks are really matronly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this. Maybe not quite as much as last season's exceptional show, but this is great. I've always loved Kane's ability to take the most distasteful of concepts, fabrics, colors, prints, etc. and somehow make them so interesting, thoughtful, genuine and appealing.

I love the neon's that open the show, then those amazing Japanese, tattoo-esque prints, then the strange footwear...oh, it's all great.

I'm curious as to what his inspiration was this season...knowing what Christopher was thinking when he designs a collection always adds another level of interest to an already fascinating show.

Im a fan of this as well. The proportions look new and fresh somehow even after the shock of neon ladylike dressing @PS. I like this SS11 trend. Best of UK so far IMO.

Ooh, not as good as I thought it would be from the front row spy-shots I saw. A few pieces I like, some of it looks a bit neon school teacher.

the neon colors are really great! but after i saw the pattern of the fabrics, i'm not really interested..

I'm curious as to what his inspiration was this season...knowing what Christopher was thinking when he designs a collection always adds another level of interest to an already fascinating show.

Apparently it was British Royals' clothing, especially Princess Margaret, on acid. Which sums it up pretty much.
I like how he once more took an unexpected twist on a material, but like I said, the length is not for me.

The collection is simply wonderful! Normally I don't care much for Kane's collections, not to mention London FW itself, but this is simply wonderful. The fabrics, shapes and colours - so juicy.

I love the colors but all the cut and fabric could actually be a Versus collection. Though some pieces are very cute.

the details shots are just gorgeous. i feel like his taste in print is actually good unlike some other lfw designers :ninja:

the begining of the collection is nice, but i don't like how it finishes...

Interesting...I always have mixed feelings about his collections on the runway. I can't wait to see some of these dresses on celebs like Carey Mulligan and Emma Watson though. :D

I like the chicken prints - the shapes are all a bit too conservative for me, though.

I tend to like either short, or long, these days and this is all a bit too knee-length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->