Class

Dark Princess

Reaction score
Since we have a thread on classy celibrities already I was wondering what you guys think makes a person classy or not.

Do you think class is something one strives to achieve or do you think it's something you are born with?

What kind of clothes do you think are classy?

What kind of behavior do you think is classy.

i think that talking about class is classless...

and i think the word classy is tacky... :lol: :innocent:

i imagine some girl in stripper shoes popping her gum with hair extensions and fake boobs---(i think i just described pam anderson)...talking about how she wants to wear something .."classy"...

the thing you want to have is grace and elegance... :wink: :D

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 13 2004, 03:26 PM

i imagine some girl in stripper shoes popping her gum with hair extensions and fake boobs---(i think i just described pam anderson)...talking about how she wants to wear something .."classy"...

[snapback]331040[/snapback]​
heh, good reply :flower:

My Momma says a lady ain't what she wears, but what she knows.

I think Grace Kelly was classy, elegant, chic, etc... She had it all!

i think audrey hepburn was the epitomy of class, or "grace and elegance"-whatever you want to call it-in Breakfast at Tiffany's, she was essentially playing a call girl-but she still had so much style, poise and elegance. She was incredibly beautiful and men still found her sexy in an understated way. Maybe you can learn to be classy, but I think it's something that you are probably born with. One thing I'm certain of, money cannot buy class.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 13 2004, 07:26 PM

[snapback]331040[/snapback]​

Softgrey maybe you are right in saying that talking about class is tacky. The word does imply some kind of hierarchy system which is prejudice and stupid, I don't know if it's commonly used by stripper-looking people since I don't know any. Words like elegant and graceful are obviously more fitting when I think about it.

I think so far we have established that "that thing" is a combination of style, poise and elegance.

I totally agree that it can't be bought, just look at Paris Hilton and Pamela Anderson.

Youo're either born with it or you aren't. Its hard to explain.

People always call me classy? Like 5 times in one week once. Not sure why. I talk about sex a lot and make rude jokes....and burp constantly thanks to my gastritis....Its just an aura you have, I guess.

:ninja:

I think elegance is something that occurs with age. I can't say I know very many girls who I consider elegant or "classy". Maybe upbring has something to do with it, but there are many well-bred ladies out there without an iota of class.

Class is natural. People who are natural have class.

To me it is confidence, grace, strength, elegance and chic. In other words, indescribable... B)

this has to be the stupidest topic i have ever seen on fspot... and i have seen some pretty pathetic ones in my time....

come on.... seriously!

(ps i have probably contributed to many a stupid topic in my time... but this one bites the bleedin biscuit!)

people,people, people. Dark Princess´s question wasn´t STUPID, how rude are you guys? It´s obvious from those remarks above that you don´t have CLASS or whatever word you´d prefer instead.
We´re Icelandic and I´d say our english was pretty good, but what do we know about wich words are hip and cool ? You must get what the question was about and your answers were LAME.

Class is refinement of taste and dislike of vulgarity traditionally associated with aristocrats (from Greek literally, the 'good rulers'). We may think that we live in a classless society (using 'class' in another sense) but our concepts of good-taste and stylish manners are still heavily influenced by aristocratic values.

OED "Impressive stylishness of appearance or behaviour"

audandgrace.jpg

Another thing about class is that you dont necessarily have to be an aristocrat or rich to have it ... if a person is clean, well-manered and poor can have much-much-more class than flashy nouveau-riches.

"class"

:flower: these days there is alot of talk about who is classy and who isnt...

what defines class for you... how someone dresses, acts, or social setting... anything that is your view :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->