What can I wear it with? (December 2003 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this dress, can anyone recommend what colour accessories will go well rather than perhaps traditional silver and gold?

ebay

Thank you :flower:

@LovePink I'd say some dark, "sharp" colours maybe black or red? It depends on what kind of image you want to create :smile:

alzna: I think black wedges would go with the dress beautifully, makes for a 1960s modern look.

LovePink, I also think a deep purple would look lovely with turquoise!

Ok guys, here's the situation I'm dealing with...
There's this very bog official school event in two weeks- sort of like American prom. Now since I'm not too keen on wearing a formal Academy-awards-red-carpet-worthy dress, humble is the way to go. I've got this water-grey dress and sequin-printed blazer that is sort of similar to this -> http://22.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kp9z10JHtD1qzfrtoo1_400.jpg
plus a studded purse.not sure about boots, accessories, hair... Any advices to improve this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advances :flower:

4udz6w.jpg

treasurechestvintage; my pic

wvdgnk.jpg

Okay. so its a .. vest type of thing?! i guess. I bought it years ago (for a themeparty), i want to wear it now. I love how it sparkles. I need ideas with what / how to wear it. I seiously cant find anything that would fit with it.

So ideas / suggestions are welcomed!

aqua-is it too late?
:unsure:
i would say skip the boots and opt for a high heel shoe or sandal and switch the shoulder bag for a clutch...
that would dress it up more and make it less casual...

:flower:

as far as the sequined vest i would pair that with blk/white layers..
maybe wear it under a blk blazer.. (will help to minimize the flashiness)

i think this is something you want to try to dress down as much as possible...
the sequin and print are eye-catching so you don't want to overwhelm by making the rest of the outfit too busy

I bought this dress in Topshop, it's by Rare. Tomorrow is my birthday night out. I am not 100% sure how to wear it yet. A possible way will be as shown in my blog (check it out). What shoes, bag, what accessories would you wear with it? It would be nice to get some ideas. Thank you :smile:
7d08d7f7-5dbb-42ea-8652-0d0d7224928b.jpg

(photo: rarefashion.co.uk)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this dress for prom/grad dinner, and I'm not sure what shoes I should wear with it. I was just thinking blacks heels, but I would like some other opinions too. And also, how should I accessorize? or should I accessorize at all? :P I hope it doesn't look too bridesmaidy for prom, 'cause my friend said it was. :I
THanks

766.full.jpg

from julesandeve.com

Last edited by a moderator:
suan, i'd wear it with chunky platform pumps to take away the bridesmaidness. Accessorize with either blinging earrings or a chunky bracelet and a clutch bag that matches the sash

I would agree with misstiz, accessorize with some chunky heels.

Maybe something like these:
41u0hhplmDL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

(aldoshoes.com) Aldo Bastain
51yV7-28liL._SL160_AA160_.jpg
26_ohlson_37_2.jpg

(aldoshoes.com) Aldo Ohlson

Maybe a statement cuff and nothing else? Similarly sleek but still substantial:
img-thing

(Singer22)

Have you thought about removing the flower and replacing it with something else? You could make a black rosette out of fabric and maybe back it with a couple of interesting feathers or you could pick up a piece of that fabric backed jewelry mall stores have and make up your own embellishment that's a bit more tough to balance the fluttery skirt or jsut more indicative of your personal style - whatever that may be! You could also buy a piece of black, or maybe navy or some other dark colour ribbon and cover up that white ribbon. You could get a thicker piece and wrap it a few times to really change the style of the dress up, or you could get a piece that just covers it. ^_^

@Betinapple: tutus are so adorable! For everyday, I would say a skintight sleeveless vest or a wife-beater, and then throw on a boy-cut blazer or a cropped blazer. Roll the sleeves up, load up on bangles and throw on some killer heels. For more formal occasions, I think a shirt with a really high collar would work really well. Tuck it in, and maybe even wear a bowtie or a tie with it. I like the constrast it creates between something so musculine and feminine. Heels will finish the look well as well!

Any suggestions on what to wear with these Vanessa Bruno Athe trousers?

vanessabrunoathe.jpg

triercopenhagen.com

I just purchased this dress to wear to a formal party I'm attending in April. I really like how it's styled in the editorial picture, but I'm not sure all that chunky jewelry would be appropriate for this party, also I'm thinking about pairing the dress with a pair of black suede platform sandals, so I'm not sure all that gold jewelry would work.

Does anyone have some jewelry or shoe accessories? Even something completely different than what I have planned - I want to hear it! :P Silver tone jewelry, gold tone jewelry? Help help help! :flower:

eddress.jpg

lacedressboth.jpg

(shopbop.com)

I don`t like yellow gold......so I think it would be very nice if you`ll choose white-gold accessories or silver. This dress is so tender and that`s why I think gold-tones will be too heavy for it. I don`t like gold bracelets like on the second pic. I see this dress with a lot of thin silver-tone bracelets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->