Classic Chanel Bags

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by ALAIA GIRL, Feb 17, 2004.

1. apple124

apple124 New Member

having seen the caviar and lambskin classic flaps in person, i believe that only the lambskin classic flaps come with the burgandy lining (and always have), not the caviar ones.

2. missbradshaw

missbradshaw New Member

Bestmaggie thats lovely.....how much do they retail for new? I bought mine in a second hand shop

3. fezbatik

fezbatik Member

Balbabe, Apple - thank you for your insights. I'm officially on the prowl for that bag - regardless of maintenance - its not often I find something I just can't live without...:D

4. pigleto972001

pigleto972001 New Member

thanks for your insight, apple! i didn't realize that...having just looked at the black caviar :P
    the inside of which is black :smile:

5. BalBabe

BalBabe New Member

My patent classic doesn't have burgandy either, it's black.

6. bestmaggie

bestmaggie New Member

7. brian

brian New Member

Chanel Quilted Caviar Tote

hey guys... can any of you give me a price quote on this bag? our saks has it in black, pink and beige, but last time i was there i didn't get the chance to check the price. thanks in advance... :flower: :heart:

[​IMG] [​IMG] photos: ebay

8. Madame_X

Madame_X New Member

Hi! I almost bought that bag in pink. If I remember correctly, it's something around $1,200.00. It can't be more than a couple hundred more or less than that.

9. Foxie-Pooh

Foxie-Pooh Active Member

I think it's called the medallion and it used to be in the 1400s...I'm not sure if they increased the price :huh:

#69 Foxie-Pooh, Dec 18, 2005
    Last edited by moderator Moxie: Dec 18, 2005
  10. prissy_pink

prissy_pink New Member

My mom bought that bag last week in white, the Chanel Caviar tote in white (the SA said it had just arrived for the cruise collection). Anyways, the price tag was for $1650. It's an absolute BEAUTIFUL bag.

#70 prissy_pink, Jan 4, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 9, 2006
  11. suziq

suziq New Member

I'm kinda late replying - don't know if you still need the info, I just read your thread.
    That bag is pictured in SFA's March 2004 catalog. The catalog describes it as "lambskin fold-over saddle handbag in blush pink". $1250 #441-2732-8657

I thought it was a pretty bag too so I kept the page from the catalog - next best thing to having the real thing! :lol:

#71 suziq, Jan 5, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 9, 2006
  12. Boots & Perfume

Boots & Perfume New Member

Ok, I can't stop thinking about the classic black 2.55- so i'm going to invest in one! :woot:

However, i need some advice if anyone is happy to share their thoughts- I simply cannot choose between the calfskin (textured) and lamskin (smooth) - i'm going to go for the medium sized one with the gold and leather chain, rather than the smallest (it's only a few hundred difference).

The other thing, does anyone know how much they are in London, Paris, or Tokyo? I'm going there later this year, so if it's much cheaper than in the Melbourne boutique, i can wait until then.

Thanks everyone! :flower: :winkiss:

13. Boots & Perfume

Boots & Perfume New Member

Alaia girl, what bag is this (from the first page)? It's fantastic! It looks like a cassette tape :woot:

14. DesignerBags

DesignerBags New Member

i agree classic flap chanel is gorgeous i have it in pink and in white i looooove chanel they are definately number 1 theyre style is so unique and beuatiful i own 8 of their bags now and still growing! i want to sell my pink and white one tho because i want to get the chanel multipocket for all my little accesories and want to get the classic chanel in black

#74 DesignerBags, Jan 25, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 8, 2006