Cloak S/s2005

Originally posted by faust@Sep 10 2004, 08:38 AM
you have to see the antique buttons they use! i'm a sucker for those...
[snapback]362094[/snapback]​

They sue antique buttons? I didn't even notice when iw as looking at there stuff :blush: that's very cool though :heart:

Holy cow!!! :woot:
I love it all.
Faust, can I borrow the outfit Soft picked for you? :flower:
That first pic looks like what I'm working on for my Fall wardrobe, in a heavier fabric.

Originally posted by purechris@Sep 10 2004, 10:53 AM
Holy cow!!! :woot:
I love it all.
Faust, can I borrow the outfit Soft picked for you? :flower:
That first pic looks like what I'm working on for my Fall wardrobe, in a heavier fabric.
[snapback]362124[/snapback]​

Sure, but I have to buy it first :lol:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 10 2004, 10:34 AM
the peices are a tiny bit dull, but i'm shr the details are very intresting
[snapback]362083[/snapback]​
That's what I'm thinking, too.

I wasn't too impressed at first, but the last few pictures caught my interest. Nothing I'd run out and snatch up, though.

The combination of 19th century attire with shortened details, and leather is quite pleasing.

There was an overall reminder of Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 10 2004, 11:20 PM
That's what I'm thinking, too.

I wasn't too impressed at first, but the last few pictures caught my interest. Nothing I'd run out and snatch up, though.
[snapback]362997[/snapback]​

Agreed totally! :flower:

my choices..
the miltary coat and the last two 'sportswear' looks (mainly the hood)
i agree with those here that weren't too taken by the collection,
maybe up close be a bit more interesting, but i was expecting more from cloak

music..bella lugosi's dead...

a lot of attention to detail...lots of zips and snaps...edwardian mixed with military...
russian army offficer

having recently seen their clothes in person...i have to say i'm blown away...the cut is exquisite...the quality superb...and the clothes are interesting withought being silly ... very elegant and special...

very very smart and sexy sexy sexy...vampires...street...rock n roll...military...skinny ties...leather pants...belts...straps...blk/grey/lavendar/blue/wht...

i just couldn't like it more...i want to wear them myself...and i definitely would date any boy who dressed like that...anyone know where i could find one>???

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 11 2004, 09:28 PM
music..bella lugosi's dead...

a lot of attention to detail...lots of zips and snaps...edwardian mixed with military...
russian army offficer

having recently seen their clothes in person...i have to say i'm blown away...the cut is exquisite...the quality superb...and the clothes are interesting withought being silly ... very elegant and special...

very very smart and sexy sexy sexy...vampires...street...rock n roll...military...skinny ties...leather pants...belts...straps...blk/grey/lavendar/blue/wht...

i just couldn't like it more...i want to wear them myself...and i definitely would date any boy who dressed like that...anyone know where i could find one>???
[snapback]364035[/snapback]​

Hi Softgrey....

what does Edwardian mean?? Please elaborate.. :unsure:

really interesting...i think i like it caz it's a bit edgy...

Originally posted by ionn24@Sep 11 2004, 09:41 PM
Hi Softgrey....

what does Edwardian mean?? Please elaborate..  :unsure:
[snapback]364049[/snapback]​

hi there...i am not a fashion historian.....so i would not even begin to try to explain it to you...but it was a period in history -during the mid-late 1800's i believe-very european...esp british..

think titanic or interview with a vampire...
here's an example of edwardian style...

Last edited by a moderator:
another...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 11 2004, 10:02 PM
hi there...i am not a fashion historian.....so i would not even begin to try to explain it to you...but it was a period in history -during the mid-late 1800's i believe-very european...esp british..

[snapback]364075[/snapback]​

hmm.... kind of get it...

i am just curious to know because apparently Hedi when he designed for Dior Homme there are some influence from edwardian period too... but never really understand what that is... I guess I will do my own research into it more :doh:

it doesn't seem that much different in what we wear today ie the jacket and the pants... maybe the details and what's inside it... :unsure:

Originally posted by ionn24@Sep 11 2004, 10:10 PM
hmm.... kind of get it...

i am just curious to know because apparently Hedi when he designed for Dior Homme there are some influence from edwardian period too... but never really understand what that is... I guess I will do my own research into it more :doh:

it doesn't seem that much different in what we wear today ie the jacket and the pants... maybe the details and what's inside it... :unsure:
[snapback]364080[/snapback]​

the shirts are especially different...very high collars very often rounded and the tie is different...it's more like a cravat or scarf...they also wore a lot of tophats and tailcoats...a lot of grey and black...pants are higher waisted and very narrow...vest were also huge back then and pocket watches with the chain hanging ...glove and canes...as accesories, not for warmth...

a long and lean silhouette...narrow lapels...the word 'dandy' comes to mind...

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 11 2004, 10:22 PM
the shirts are especially different...very high collars very often rounded and the tie is different...it's more like a cravat or scarf...they also wore a lot of tophats and tailcoats...a lot of grey and black...pants are higher waisted and very narrow...vest were also huge back then and pocket watches with the chain hanging ...glove and canes...as accesories, not for warmth...

a long and lean silhouette...narrow lapels...the word 'dandy' comes to mind...
[snapback]364092[/snapback]​

Now that makes a lot of sense... Thanks!!!!

Originally posted by ionn24@Sep 11 2004, 10:45 PM
Now that makes a lot of sense... Thanks!!!!
[snapback]364128[/snapback]​

:P ...no prolem... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 11 2004, 10:02 PM

[snapback]364075[/snapback]​
Actually, hoopskirts are Victorian, not Edwardian. Edwardian fashions used the S-curve and the bustle. :flower: http://employees.oneonta.edu/angellkg/LATEVIC.HTML

i got it from here...and i wasn't really looking at the womenswear...more the men's since it's a mens collection...that's why i didn't go into the who thing about the s curve...but you are right of course purple... :flower:

http://www.rogerco.freeserve.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->