Cloak S/s2005

are you able to say the name of CLOAK designer

My notion for Edwardian is Teddy Boys ...King Eduardian

as Bourbonian in Bulgarian context means the pathos ,the hybris of King Ferdinad I ,King of Bulgarians ,who is grandpapa of the actual Premier Minister of Bulgaria King Simeon II..very shocking deconstructionistic condition of exstatic in term of social/political/historic etc..
Bourbonian trend of King Ferdinand is to Bizance-ilizing the Ampir,Bidermeyer ,ar' nouveau ,and bel epoque ..so called neo Byzans ...as in the early 70's we have ethno-MOD -bulgarian schizo mix result of suppresion of the principe for party-ness in art (known social realism) and the italian influence among the architecture scholar at 1970-1978.. the sad thing is that the hotels mdesigned in this style on the Bulgarian bord of Black sea are collapsed -make-uped and shaped by the model of rustic ex soviet union mass torist..cheap "novogreak "-communistic baroque copied from the lowest budget Greace style

there were few hotels in SUNNY BEACH complex -hotel KUBAN ,GLOBUS which could being considered as emanation of this "Neo-bizance-ethno-RED-MOD"..
atleast Wallpaper* magazine could safe this valuable pearls in the middle of unlimited mediocre of taste of bulgarian clepto/oly/garchy

Regarding Cloak 2005 S/S I only can add that I adore Cloak's last two collection 2004/5 A/W
and 2004 S/S

softgrey,do you mean Bella Luggosi's death " is the music of the Cloak's defile ?
I am looking for members of this forum with post -punk orientation..you can see my personal photo ,made in time when punk was right wing cathegory...absurd,a!Communism used to take under no distinction everyting from Mickael Jackson (the icone of ronald raigan acheivement of american dream policy ,duran duran ,euritmics,punk,heavy metal ..as anti-communistic...the only band which was admissible -Beatles...so,please be indulgent

Originally posted by fashionsophist@Sep 14 2004, 06:47 AM
are you able to say the name of CLOAK designer
[snapback]366722[/snapback]​

We have a thread on Cloak with a link to their website in Designers and Collections.

A few more images:

7.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

I am not sure I understand you,faust!
do you know who designs for CLOAK
I had tryed cloakdesign.com but there is no information!

Originally posted by fashionsophist@Sep 14 2004, 07:09 AM

softgrey,do you mean Bella Luggosi's death " is the music of the Cloak's defile ?

[snapback]366733[/snapback]​

yes...peter murphy/bauhaus was the music... very eighties punk/goth... :flower:

the design team is two men-
alexandre plokhov (founder) and Robert Geller (formerly of Marc Jacobs)

here is a link to a great interview with great music...we already have this thread, but I can't find it???

edit-nevermind...faust found it...use his link...
:flower:

regarding KINO,cloak I just could be surprized and wondering how relevant was my post about communism years and eastern block fashion design imago's and anticipations

Originally posted by fashionsophist@Sep 14 2004, 12:50 PM
KINO -do you recognize the voice of VICTOR tzoy
Rest in peace ,Victor!
[snapback]367027[/snapback]​

RIP, indeed.

I would love to see their clothes in person, but unfortunately I don’t know anyone around here who carries Cloak.

At first sight I don’t think this is their best collection, though.

Not as exciting and a bit more commercial looking than some of their previous collection. However more commercial isn’t necessarily bad…

Originally posted by macchiom@Sep 16 2004, 09:53 AM
I would love to see their clothes in person, but unfortunately I don’t know anyone around here who carries Cloak.

At first sight I don’t think this is their best collection, though.

Not as exciting and a bit more commercial looking than some of their previous collection. However more commercial isn’t necessarily bad…
[snapback]369238[/snapback]​

Looks like the closest outlets to you are in Germany and the UK.

cloak stocklist

Originally posted by faust@Sep 16 2004, 05:11 PM
Looks like the closest outlets to you are in Germany and the UK.

cloak stocklist
[snapback]369252[/snapback]​

Thanks, Faust. :flower:

I’m surprised to see that they don’t have any outlets in Italy and France.

the models all seem to be just this side of creepy, but i'm liking the clothes, very wearable

Originally posted by macchiom@Sep 16 2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Faust. :flower:

I’m surprised to see that they don’t have any outlets in Italy and France.
[snapback]369270[/snapback]​

Give them a little time. They are not yet that famous and they are from US - Italy and France are more concerned with their own brands.

Thanks for the update, runner.

After looking at the collection again it’s also growing on me. I can see myself wearing quite a few items from this collection.

If only I had easier access to it…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->