College Style

I was just looking at my little sister's Seventeen magazin.

American college students really have style. Everyone here just looks normal 'cause they spend so much time studying and worrying.

Originally posted by fortezza@Feb 4th, 2004 - 12:03 am

American college students really have style. Everyone here just looks normal 'cause they spend so much time studying and worrying.
I guess my college would be an exception to that :angry: :sick: :yuk: Everyone has fake LV multicolore murakami bags... wears head to toe abercrombie and juicy couture (tracksuit + bag + scarf) with trucker caps...also Novacheck overkill

My alma mater, Chadron State College, Chadron, NE, went one worse. Pretty much everyone went around in busted up old bluejeans and enormous, cruddy sweatshirts, if they even bothered dressing that much. I knew plenty of students who would shuffle to class wearing the sweats they'd slept in the night before and their messy hair shoved under a baseball cap.

I dressed pretty crazy then--a lot of vintage, a lot of kind of raver-style garb--and I was often one of the dressier students in any given classroom.

The closest group of kids having an indentifiable "style" were the cowboy/cowgirl set, who wore the regulation ***-tight Wranglers, Brushpopper prairie shirts, ect. Not a look I adore, but they at least went to a little more effort to pull together than most of the other students.

Originally posted by meowmix+Feb 4th, 2004 - 5:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Feb 4th, 2004 - 5:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-fortezza@Feb 4th, 2004 - 12:03 am

I guess my college would be an exception to that :angry: :sick: :yuk: Everyone has fake LV multicolore murakami bags... wears head to toe abercrombie and juicy couture (tracksuit + bag + scarf) with trucker caps...also Novacheck overkill [/b][/quote]
yeah same at my school. everyone is mostly from small towns so high fashion to them is abercrombie (not that they don't look good in it, but there is other stuff out there), and there are TONS of fake LV everywhere, EVERYWHERE. i would say the most fashionable people on campus are the greeks. especially my guys, why? cuz i help dress them :P i actually got one of bros to buy some dsquared jeans and a D&G top, hahaha but thats rare, very, very rare.

but yeah too many fake murakrami bags. and if someone does have a real louis its not one of those 'substantial ones.' there always pouchettes or key chain pouches.

I'm quite impressed with the way many students at my university dress. I love the creativity :smile: If I wasn't so shy I would catalogue their outfits :P

I see a whole new aspect to fashion at my college campus. It's very impressive!

Before I started going, a lot of students told me to wear sweats because (1) it's easier to concentrate in comfy clothes and (2) you'll gain so much weight that it's easier just to wear them. :lol:

My college is weird. A lot of people have dread locks, and you'll even see somebody wearing a cape witha fedora and wearing cut-off jeans. I mean who wears a cape? And where do you even buy a cape?

All of the girls at my college dress exactly the same--

Leggings are MUST *gag* no matter what the body type =\
UGGs because we are in the cold almost all of the school year
Long North Face winter coats w/ fur hoods
Sweatshirts, sweatpants...
and no variety from this whatsoever.

It's kind of sickening, really. They claim to all love fashion but none of them stick out or get the idea of "fashion," I think.

It's kind of sickening, really. They claim to all love fashion but none of them stick out or get the idea of "fashion," I think.

I die a little inside each time I see the girls with the leggings and the uggs with the regular length shirt

HAHAHA I just looked at that link and it's my university! It is definitely NOT representative of how most of the girls dress (as you can see from my last post)

Honestly college is the one place where I wouldnt put much effort into what I wear.

My college is weird. A lot of people have dread locks, and you'll even see somebody wearing a cape witha fedora and wearing cut-off jeans. I mean who wears a cape? And where do you even buy a cape?

Hmmm, CAL, UC Santa Cruz, or Humboldt Sate ??? :wink:

this is why i love going to an arts college, in one of the best dressed cities, everyone dresses well .. well theres alot fo unique style there :flower:

thanks for the blog link hun x

I actually started a college streetsyle blog, definitely check it out if you like college streetstyle

I think this is the same pretty much everywhere. I saw it in the UK (though in uni there were a few different styles) and when we had international students from all over the world. I also see it here in Canada. I really dislike this look, but these kinds of clothes seem to be in a lot of the stores.

I was kinda like "ugh" when i read the title of this thread lol...I'm glad I'm done with college.. it seems it has NOT changed much since...leggins, sweats, hoodies with fur, and don't forget those black platform flip flops lol....

that blog posted was kinda cool tho =)

Leggings and a regular length shirt is love at my school. It sickens me to see someone's bubbly fat rear end every time I walk out of my room.

My sister tried to do it the other day because apparently none of her jeans fit her right. I poked her butt cause it was peaking out and I was like no lees :smile: no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"