College Style

There's a lot of stylish people at my school, but more in the sense that they have their own style... not so much in terms of what is fashionable or trendy. No one ever, ever wears heals though. I think I dress up the most of my friends... I don't know anyone who wears designer clothers or perhaps even own them - and it's not for a lack of money at the school, moreso they're just all hippies and/or super laid back. I love it though... since everyone is so eclectic, I can dress up as much as I want or experiment with things as much as I want and get away with it :smile: I love my school!

I love mine. Mostly because I always feel over dressed. And I like the fact that most of the women here don't wear bras :lol:

Everyone wears their Uggs and badly! I think they look dreadful with sweatpants.

I tend to wear jeans/ballet flats/tees/jumpers or cardys. I would never wear sweatpants etc to lectures or whatever, I think that even if you put a little amount of effort in then it is worth it.

Not to condone the usage of Uggs + sweatpants...but rolling out of bed at 7:40 AM, realizing your class starts at 7:45 AM, sometimes that is the only logical/suitable option. It would just look weird to wear something even remotely nice if my face and hair looked horrible as well.
As for the students who wear them in any other situation, I'd hope they had a good excuse...the only logical ones I've heard are "lady issues" and "trouble listening to lecture when not comfortable"...

OH, if only everyone found Chloe pumps, skinny jeans, and Balenciaga blazers super-comfy. It would make college campuses SO much better-dressed. :smile:

I go to a university now with lots of fashion programs and sometimes it feels like a catwalk. I am one of those people who will just never look perfect so it can be slightly intimidating but mostly I LOVE it, I live for outift-watching!

theres lots of sorority girls at my schools which means= an excess of embroidered vera bradley bags, pearls, and polos. But there are also a lot of girls with great style. I would say they go for a more bohemian look, floaty tops, layered chains, and boots. Unfortunately, i get some strange looks when i go for a more fashion-forward get-up.

I live in a college town (our state university is in my city), and while I see far too much of the "lazy collegiate" look, I have also seen some well-dressed people. A lot of the people in college that I know dress pretty well. Alabama is more diverse than we get credit for, in my opinion. There are lots of different types of people I've seen dressing in different ways.

Does anybody know about Ivy League style? I'm headed to Penn next year, and I don't want to look like a complete slob. But I love my sweats!!!:( I'm from the West Coast which is generally more chill about fashion excepting Cali of course:innocent:, but I don't know about the East Coast. Philly is pretty close to NYC after all. :unsure:

I went to Princeton, and have friends/family who go/went to Penn. Judging from the rest of this thread, I want to say that my experience at Princeton was a little different. Yes, you had many wearing the sweats and uggs and northfaces. But a lot of our social life is still rooted in the days of F. Scott Fitzgerald et al, and the eating club social scene merits a bit more class and elegance. So when "going out" you'll see a lot of guys dressed sharply in sports coats and blazers, and girls in nice frocks, heels, etc. A lot of girls put effort into daytime looks for class - heels weren't rare. Also there were tons and tons of cocktail parties, wine & cheese parties, semiformal and formal dinners/events at which everyone dressed to the nines. Fashion was also a big thing on campus - there is an annual fashion show for charity and when Lauren Bush was a student, she codirected it. There were student models and designers, as well as outside designers.

I don't know if Penn would be QUITE as fancy as Princeton simply because of the lack of eating clubs, but I do think it will be collegiate preppy - classic and chic without following trends.

I go to college in middle of nowhere New Hampshire, and people here have no style in my opinion. They think they do though, which makes it funny! :rofl: They basically dress 5-6 years behind trends. Like, UGGS were really big when I was a sophomore and junior in highschool (2002-2003) in the NYC area, and people in Keene, New Hampshire think they're the hottest trend now! :lol:

The typical clothing/accessories that girls at my school wear are: UGGS, Vera Bradley, American Eagle jeans, Abercrombie, jean skirts with UGGS, pearls with their American Eagle sweaters, sweatpants, sweatshirts, Coach bags (the small ugly ones especially), "diamond" stud earrings, obnoxious fake Chanel bags :smile:sick:smile:, polo shirts, Victoria's Secret Pink sweatpants/sweatshirts, North Face fleece jackets in every imaginable color...

I think it's funny that girls here flaunt their Coach bags like they're Gucci or Prada or something! And it's even funnier when I see girls with American Eagle jeans, UGGS, and a fake Chanel bag, or better yet, sweatpants and a fake Chanel bag! Who do they think they're fooling? :innocent:

The great thing about going to such an unstylish college is that it makes me always feel super stylish! :heart: The thing about people at my college is that they all seem to want to look like each other, and I'm used to dressing to stick out, not blend in with the masses!

Here's some photos for examples (I didn't take these, but I thought they showed off the style of my college well:(

90366555_1d35d00b43.jpg

457143950_a54185d9d8.jpg

337401652_a6c3ee1d6f.jpg

344207909_3fa7d191bd.jpg

2072652922_57a9c1e226.jpg

2076801107_966d2fe740.jpg

(all photos from Flickr)

haha...the picture of the girls drinking coffee. hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->