Comme des Garçons F/W 2024.25 Paris

Stronger elements of kink and fetish in this compared to some of her past explorations, makes for something sexier than usual.

In a way it is on auto pilot, but from Rei I don’t mind. Funnily enough, I also find this to be a more wearable offering. Some fantastic skirts and jackets in here. Wonder if it’s all real leather or if it’s vinyl/pvc?

I prefer this over the last couple of collections. Strangely romantic.
I've made peace with the idea that she might just keep her finger on the auto pilot button until the end of her tenure. I'd LOVE it if she decided to make clothes again, but lbr, she seems over it.

I always end up buying at least 3 dresses. This season i want and need all of them

CdG is the dragon ball of fashion. falling into the trap of power inflation.
or it's like jurassic park. CG.
allowing yourself to do anything is synonymous with there being nothing you can do any more.
of course she knew this was going to happen. but that's how she extended her designer lifespan by a decade. what she had to do.
「もうできませんからごめんなさい」- what she actually said. her honesty.

but if you need clothes that are clothes, there is comme comme available.

@MulletProof is bang on the money - Rei spent 30 years pushing the limits on what clothes are, what collection on a runway can say (the infamous 'flat' collection of 2012), at this point the volume IS the Comme mainline look and she's set herself apart from most of her fellow Paris designers long ago. If she wants to deliver doodles I'd still find that more interesting than nearly everything else on the recent runways in Paris. I'm with the commenter who said that with Rei, Yohji, Armani aka the old masters, we're lucky to have them in good health and continuing to show, because god knows I've loved some of their recent collections, avant-garde or not they've still got it.

and now here Rei is, pushing the limits on shoes (literal "puddle" boots and not just in name lol). Also I've always liked how much space her women take up in their clothes, it's interesting to see these shiny fetishistic textures which are usually shown in really tight, constricting silhouettes, used in the opposite way in classic Comme volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->