Comme des Garçons S/S 2025 Paris

some of the textures at the beginning and towards the end look pretty amazing.. same for the small john chamberlain-esque moments here and there... hard to connect with the middle, a runway is so not the format for this, it makes it next to impossible to appreciate. I know it's supposed to be in motion but.. keep brainstorming, girl! say no to runways.

Homme Plus is the only thing from her that i look forward to these days.

There are 2 looks i like in this collection though

when i see models wear mickey mouse hats for CDG i already know it a skip collection for me.

Rei's continuing their emperor's new clothes lane again. It's tiring. A technical and textural marvel for sure, it just feels so imprisoned and oppressive to want to do fashion like this for soooooo long. Great content for fashion lecturers and theorists though. Kind of makes me despise it a touch more though because of that...

Cake toppers, candle holders, Klan hoods, a laced slipper, intestines, cotton candy... I kinda love it. It's funnier than usual?

i like it a lot, maybe bc its so well made and distinct or bc it feels familiar in a very strange way. funnily enough, imo, rei is quite close in spirit to oitica and the neoconcretos in general. looking at this collection i couldn't stop thinking about ferreira gullar's teoria do não-objeto

None of this is going to be on the rack in the CdG section at Dover Street Market. It never is. But if Rei Kawakubo wants to spend a bunch of money to poke fashion week in the eye with these outfits and not show a single thing anyone will ever actually wear, okay. As long as she’s having fun…

I am in no way playing the feminist here but...this is so degrading. It's like she hates the body and the humanity of the wearer. How far can you dehumanize the body, strip it of everything and turn it into a thing? Crazy. I'm exaggerating maybe, but just my feelings.
1727626875423.png

^ not exaggerating but maybe more research on the work of designers and sociocultural context when they emerged is important to avoid getting carried away with aggravation. This has nothing to do with feminism or objectification ('turning it into a thing'), 'allyship' is... good I guess?, but obsessing over our natural bodies is not all we do as women and I think throughout her career Rei's rebelled precisely against that, and for the past 10 or so years she seems to have fully moved away from the template and has gone to town exploring mediums and sculpture through traditional fashion resources/textiles/formats. Maybe it isn't that great all the time but this has nothing to do with dehumanization. If anything, constantly reducing womenswear to the visuals of p*rn culture is a bigger problem in fashion right now (given the amount of horndogs designing womenswear), but that usually gets all the 'yes c*nty!' claps, which makes it harder to eradicate because.. no one's feelings seem to be hurt.

I am in no way playing the feminist here but...this is so degrading. It's like she hates the body and the humanity of the wearer. How far can you dehumanize the body, strip it of everything and turn it into a thing? Crazy. I'm exaggerating maybe, but just my feelings.
View attachment 1311576
chile its obviously a snorunt cosplay and shes waiting to evolve into a froslass

^ not exaggerating but maybe more research on the work of designers and sociocultural context when they emerged is important to avoid getting carried away with aggravation. This has nothing to do with feminism or objectification ('turning it into a thing'), 'allyship' is... good I guess?, but obsessing over our natural bodies is not all we do as women and I think throughout her career Rei's rebelled precisely against that, and for the past 10 or so years she seems to have fully moved away from the template and has gone to town exploring mediums and sculpture through traditional fashion resources/textiles/formats. Maybe it isn't that great all the time but this has nothing to do with dehumanization. If anything, constantly reducing womenswear to the visuals of p*rn culture is a bigger problem in fashion right now (given the amount of horndogs designing womenswear), but that usually gets all the 'yes c*nty!' claps, which makes it harder to eradicate because.. no one's feelings seem to be hurt.
But it's not just about the image of the body, I feel like it degrades the mobility, the living breathing body. The humanity is all the other feelings, toughts that makes you who you are, yes including eroticism. I feel like she disregardes all of this for the sake of form. Yes, she's doing sculpture but clearly she don't give a f*ck about the human being inside of her shapes. That's what makes me :sick:

It's all agravatted by the fact she don't do that with her men's collections. Clearly some humans are deserving of more mobility than others. I don't want to make it into feminism but it's hard when Rei has two completely different conceptions of fashion for women and men.

I agree with you about the p*rn culture influence in fashion being filtered/accepted through yaaas queen stuff. And it's young designers doing it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miriane
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->