Corsets

Corsets are the best!
There is nothing more sexy and feminine than a tight corset.. the tighter the better IMO.
I aodre them! I look for them everywhere that I can find (VS,La Perla, Fredericks) and own about 4 of them, I wear them as tops though, not under the clothes.

helena said:
I think that that its hard to argue against the notion that the 'sexiness' of a corset is almost enirely based on a male perception of what is sexy. it cinches the waist thus emphasising the hips & breasts in turn.
But this often cited 'male perception' is very stereotypical too and at least my perception doesn't work that simple. Just yesterday I've seen a woman with rather 'male' proportions and I found her sexy.
Of course I don't think women should dress primarily for men and even more not for some stated norms as above! It should make you feel good and confident and thats also the main criteria for choosing the right clothes for myself.

ajott - agreed. You sound lovely! However I think your view is very much in the minority. Most (not all) men that I know are just interested in t*ts & *ss. Its this constant objectification of women that I find so unpleasant & hinders us women who do actually want to be taken seriously.

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/

a site i have saved in my 'costume' section... ^_^

and a pic of a lady who makes fetish an art and always seems to get it right...imo...
dita von teese...in a lace corset... :flower:

Attachments

• ditalace.jpg
    ditalace.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 11
thanks for that softgrey - man some of those are mental! Like this one.... not sure what to say about this actually.

vo-1870u-gld.jpg

it can be beautiful if done well...but hideous otherwise...

and it costs a FORTUNE for a good corset...soo it's usually hideous...:lol:...

Horst P Horst

The Mainbocher Corset 1938

The only corsets in my wardrobe are Vivienne Westwood so I don't know if these can be considered "real" corsets? I don't ever wear them anymore (I did when I was younger, but I'm getting lazy in my old age :innocent: ) but I found them a little too restricting. It was hard to go out and enjoy myself when I felt so pulled in and pushed out. They drew too much attention to my bosoms :blush: by both men and women, and people thought I was trying to be exhibitionist rather than fashionable. I think they'll stay hanging up for the forseeable future. :ninja:

haha...stilista...but i bet those will be collector's items...a vivienne westwood corset is highly covetable...

nice pics helena...two landmark moments in fashion...
BUT>>>can you find a pic of madonna from her respect yourself video where she mimics the horst photo...the moment when the two merged...
AHA!!!...a challenge...!!!...:lol:...

I love the old-fashioned looking ones like the last one you posted, Helena.

I often visit a props department and they have beautiful old tatty, ripped pale pink ones with severe metal boning. :shock: it looks painful!

thats precisely the problem stilista - people think you are wearing a corset to display your 'wares' to them......they don't understand that its fashion or a show or whatever....

oh softgrey I would love to rise to your challenge but I am so sleepy..... I need to get to my bed. see ya later

softgrey said:
haha...stilista...but i bet those will be collector's items...a vivienne westwood corset is highly covetable....

I'm sure they will, so will hang on to them in case I need to sell to pay the rent one day :lol:

SJP... does corsets train your waist so after a while you will be thin as that?

If so, how long does this take?

I like the look, and the feel of a real corset, like being held round the waist! I had to wear a corset for a tv show, was fun but not for every day wear... or dinner parties! You mentioned Dita Von Treese - I was just at a party with her and Marilyn Manson, just got in an hour ago! She was wearing a black corset and black net over her face. He looked the same as always!

pucci_mama said:
SJP... does corsets train your waist so after a while you will be thin as that?

If so, how long does this take?

Your waist will not maintain such dimensions after corsetting. It may become permanently narrowed, though the tradeoff is that your inner organs can become permanently displaced giving you a low-lying potbelly. That comes with years of constant, consistent tightlacing.

I've made corsets before, and have laced from my normal 25" waist down to 23" which isn't terribly uncomfortable, but it is surprisingly striking for such a minor change. In my case, it was for a costume-look...to get the proper silhouette for a New Look 1950s dress.

To me, women in corsets look over 100 years out of date, they only look good when there's a bit of humor like in the madonna picture with pointed cone breasts... I don't like the Kylie picture.

softgrey said:
well sjp...it wasn't hard to figure out...based on your wearing corsets in photoshoots...
there's really only one kind of 'shoot' that could be...:lol:...

but we are talking about FASHION on this site...
and a corset has very little place in a woman's daily wardrobe these days...:wink:
IMHO...

The shoot was a TV shoot for a comedy for the BBC. It aired a month ago in the UK. I was playing a vamp. Sprawled on a snooker table no-less. But still a job and I got paid. The costume of an Actor is diverse at the best of times!

I fi could lace myself in, I would wear a corset everyday :lol:

SG, When I do wear corsets for photoshoots, it is wholly permissable as I am normally shooting with guys like Robert Chouraiq, Ben westwood and Emma delves Broughton. Its so nice I can combine an interest and make money at the same time IMHO. I love fetish as much as I love fashion.

p.s dita is a babe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->