Corsets

I wore an 18 inch corset for an event once, my waist is small so it wasn't uncomfortable....it was actually completely comfy except for when I was sitting down......I couldn't slouch!

I wore it once or twice again.
I'm going to try to find it right now.

We put Kelly Osbourne in a Venexiana corset for a Paper Mag shoot...
My mom (KatiStern/Venexiana)
does alot of corsets..I can't find the pictures of Kelly, but here's one of Lil Kim in a venexiana corset/belt:

Attachments

• lil kim venexiana.jpg
    lil kim venexiana.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get more into them...I wonder if I should have a "proper" one done?

I wear my Agent one while I cook :rofl:

I liek corsets. But not ''proper' ones. I liked the wearing anytime kind. I have a couple. i love them.

Speaking of corsets..does anybody know how much a Mr Pearl corset would cost? SJP?

I learned how to make corsets from someone who does them for theatre and Opera. They're super-heavily boned and unbleached cotton on the inside because it's close to your skin. I've made about six and they aren't difficult but are time-consuming and critical to balance and shape properly. A lot of fun though. I wear them as tops or over top of dresses. I'm making some big belts that are corset-like right now. They either cinch the waist or rest on the hips.

I like mine heavy duty... though I find they look great on bigger girls who have stuff to push around. I can make myself look quite alarming if I lace it tight, kind of like Kylie (though I can't see the picture).

I love corsets more for their look than for their function. They're so feminine... perfect...

Unfortunately, the ones I love are all designer. Does anybody have any budget-friendly corset options?

^ Any higher end lingerie shop should have some type of corset....or if you're willing, try a fetish shop, maybe you'll find something great :ninja:

^ Well, I guess I'm speaking more about nightwear... something to wear to a club... rather than lingerie. :blush:

But thanks for the suggestion, Spike. :wink:

I figured, but you could wear a lingerie corset as clothing.....how do you think Dolce and Gabbana got so big? :P

corst275.jpg

I'm sorry but this makes me wanna heave!

heres a website with some very affordable and great quality corsets. I have the black silk one and its gorgeous love to wear it outside my clothing, i. They're all underbust corsets. well, I hope this helps.

www.timeless-trends.com

TrophyBrown said:
Speaking of corsets..does anybody know how much a Mr Pearl corset would cost? SJP?

In the $3,000-$15,000 range.

I have to make an elizabethan corset for 2 school projects! I think it sounds fun but I'm afraid it's going to be really complicated (I've only been sewing for a year.) Has anyone ever made any type of corset? How lond did it take?:flower:

^ Ask finalfashion a few post up....she said she makes them and it says on her profile she was just on. :flower:

woah. I like corsets. but haven take to wearing and trainning up though.
Just looks so so painful! and hot to wear one underneath my clothings!

I do hav a few corset-inspired tops thought
Here's one from Warehouse that my sista gave me for my birthday...
(I just dunno what to pair it up)

16rw2.jpg

26ai.jpg

I like the look of a corset though I've never worn one. I might be willing to as part of an evening gown or some kind of club look.

I don't mind the pain of stilettos, so a corset should be no big deal-:P

though some of the pictures on here take it too far and make it a bit disturbing!:ninja:

I love them, but i would wear them underneath a tailored jacket, shirt, or dress. Something to cover it and give the illusion of a much curvier figure. Dita Von Teese says it's like a secret and I agree very much with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->