Cover Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by iluvjeisa, Nov 7, 2006.

1. aracic

aracic Moderator

That's Fran Summers, isn't it? I believe she could get the cover on her own, they did shoot her solo for Vogue Germany last year.

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Looks like Fran Summers to me too, perhaps we'll get a group cover featuring the new wave of models?

aracic likes this.
  3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Is that her? The hair colour is so dark.
    But yes, she could actually get it on her own. She's at that level now after 2 of the top 4 so far.

aracic likes this.
  4. Suhzie

Suhzie Member

Where's the Vogue August cover?
    There was a rumor it's Beyoncé (again). Are they holding it back to time it with the Lion King promo that will likely kick off in earnest in the coming days?

5. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I think it's still pretty early for Vogue US. If they release it this week, perhaps on Wednesday or Thursday?

Suhzie and aracic like this.
  6. Suhzie

Suhzie Member

You're right. I'm on vacation and my timing is off. :P

Benn98 and dodencebt like this.
  7. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

I don’t think VJ would use Fran as cover girl, I mean they got a superb cast including Linda and Naomi for their 15th anniversary, and since we have seen a lot of celeb-covers from them this year, Madonna by L&I somehow could happen.

8. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Vogue Japan January 2020 : Grace Elizabeth & Anok Yai by Nick Knight

Blayne266 likes this.
  9. MON

MON Well-Known Member

How on earth is VJ shooting their 2020 content

Although their Jan issue is always out on December so it kinda makes sense. But goodness

aracic and Blayne266 like this.
  10. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Obviously sponsored by Estee Lauder. :ermm:
    But it should be interesting to see how Nick's cover will turn out. VJ should try and get Meisel. God knows he's been turning out his fair share of digital white backdrop covers lately.

MON likes this.
  11. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

I wonder if Renée will show up on US Vogue? I'm guessing for October. Judy comes out on the 27th of Sept so it would be timed right if the Oct issue is released around the middle of September. She hasn't appeared in so long and she was on the UK cover a couple of years back, so it's not unlikely.

Gaga might be on an upcoming cover of something soon; someone from the THR hinted on Twitter: 'Gaga will be on [redacted] of [redacted] in [redacted].' Which I'm guessing means 'Gaga will be on cover of x magazine in x month. She has a beauty line on the way, and probably a new album this year too. Could be UK Vogue, weren't her team supposedly angling for a cover for her earlier in the year?

12. Kite

Kite Well-Known Member

Apparently one of the covers of LOVE is Mariah Carey.

13. MON

MON Well-Known Member

^HAHAHA Meghan. Sweetie. Stop it. That’s embarrassing. Just book the UK cover and close the chapter. Writing a monthly column will reduce all the exclusivity and hype around a potential cover. A future cover would end up looking like a quid pro quo for the monthly features.

Also can’t believe Anna’s interested. We all know where this will eventually lead to, a cover. I mean, yes she’s American, but she’s better booking a UK cover than US. The optics around it would suggest the same.

Can’t believe this move came from Anna, and not from Edward “name association/name dropper” Enninful

14. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

“And, in a further sign that the new mother favors media based in her native US, both the imminent photoshoot and her putative columns are slated to run in American as well as British Vogue.”

Is that means Meghan’s work for British Vogue’s September issue will also appear in American Vogue?

15. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

16. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

There's a difference between 'royalty' and 'celebrity'.

Throughout history, I'm sure there have been plenty of people who thought it needed modernised and that they were the ones to do it, but where are they now? Fame comes at a cost, and not just to the taxpayers.

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

See, I don't think she's aware of that difference. So you have charitable causes but the platform you're angling to showcase the work on is American and British Vogue? Begs the question - is it charity in the true spirit of charity? Especially since her public profile looks set to benefit as much as the actual cause.

And Wallis Simpson was touted as possibly modernising the monarchy and look what happened to her......

TommysBaby likes this.
  18. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

The negativity thrown towards Meghan on here has always baffled me somewhat. I don't see an issue with her guest editing an issue or writing a column about charity work in either publication, nor do I see any issue with her landing a cover of either. When Harry and William went on the cover of GQ or Attitude were they met with comments about them seeking their own fame or courting attention like Meghan seems to be getting? I just find it a bit weird personally.

I'll wait until a column or guest edited edition comes about before judging it, perhaps it would be an issue with some really engaging content in it. I think we can all safely assume she wouldn't be editing the fashion content but rather guiding the written content and topics.

Tauriel, gunsnroses, mepps and 8 others like this.
  19. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Meghan Markle is now one of the most famous famous women in the world. She has a new baby, a husband she presumably loves, a busy schedule, enough paparazzi to drive a sane person mad, and a constant stream of articles and gossip painting her to be scheming social climber with a nasty attitude, despite there being no real evidence to back it up. Oh, and half her family seems out to get her too. If she IS courting magazines, covers and otherwise, I don't think it's for attention. If I were in her shoes, I'd try to do the same thing. She's already on magazine covers on a weekly basis, so why not work with ones willing to let you have some control over your life's narrative and your image? You think she couldn't call up practically any EIC (especially for American publications, but probably British ones too) and book a cover? If she's not doing that and is only guest editing or writing a letter about charity work (which the royal family is always broadcasting or having broadcast for them, Meghan would not be an exception) I assume it's because she's trying to honor tradition. I think that deserves respect even though I also think it's unnecessary. It's pretty much a guarantee Harry will never be king, so why the incessant need to follow this unspoken protocol? Think of all the nonsense members of the royal family have done, from cheating on their royal spouses, to hanging out with pedophiles aboard the "Lolita Express", to supporting Nazis, to partying naked in Vegas, to selling access to other family members. From where I stand Meghan's an upstanding person compared to half the rest of them.