Cover Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by iluvjeisa, Nov 7, 2006.

1. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

About 10 middle aged gays in America know who Kylie Minogue is.
    There's no way she's getting an American Vogue cover.:lol:

2. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

^You wish. Her album debuted at 25th place in the US and #1 in the Dance Albums charts she maybe not be popular as other artist but is known enough to score that positions.

Ivancica, MDNA and Benn98 like this.
  3. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

So apparently that 10 American gays each buying 2000 copies of Disco last week.

[​IMG]

4. THD96

THD96 Active Member

Tbh I never realized Kylie Minogue is such a fashion icon before watching her Vogue video. I think she deserves every single Vogue cover left and right. Imagine her in couture editorial by Miesel (Edward make that happen please). If Amy Schumer have a Vogue cover why not Kylie (not Jenner)

5. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

I like Kylie Minogue and it's true she's a huge icon in Spain, Italy, France etc: people aged 20-50 know her for sure, she's been on TV for years, radio, magazine and gossip newspapers so I am also shocked she didn't get Vogue covers left and right when she was at her peek. Then again look at Alek Wek incredible career in High fashion and how little covers she got from Vogue in her entire career and then look at the Kardashians lol... CHOICES...

rianne fans, caioherrero and Ivancica like this.
  6. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Ok, so debuting at #26 on the Billboard 200 is, uh, not good for a Global Superstar. It's actually horrendous. Selling 20k albums in the US is not something to write home about, especially when your fans are very devoted and a bit older. It means you're likely to have disproportionately high sales as opposed to streams, and disproportionately front-loaded sales. Selling hundreds of thousands (or a million+) albums in your debut week is impressive for major pop stars, not 20k. She was outranked by numerous people I've never even heard of, and by albums that are *years* old. Hell, last week Fleetwood Mac ranked higher on the Billboard 200 with their album "Dreams" (which came out 43 years ago lol) than Kylie did with her new album. I get that Kylie is hugely famous and popular in the UK, Australia, and elsewhere. But she is simply NOT a big star here in the States and I don't get the insistence that she's doing well here or would sell well on a magazine cover here. She's lovely, she has great style, etc. but she's not getting a US Vogue cover, P E R I O D

#38386 KINGofVERSAILLES, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    tipi1355, Serend1pity and mepps like this.
  7. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

Imagine thinking 20,000 copies sold, is some kind of achievement.:rofl:

8. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

Her album is a flop in the United States, just like all of her albums are flops in the United States....with the possible exception of Fever for a few weeks.
    She's nothing here, and never was. She will never get an American Vogue cover.

9. Gaultier_Bandit

Gaultier_Bandit Active Member

Kylie has zero pull in the US. Her presence, even within the LGBT community is ridiculously small. Vogue US is on a mission to pull readers in, not walk past the cover on newsstand.....She is def not gonna be on the cover.

rianne fans likes this.
  10. aracic

aracic Moderator

The Kylie slander is harsh in here... I personally know like two Kylie Minogue songs, but you can't tell me Lena Dunham or Amy Schumer were more deserving of a Vogue cover than her! At least Kylie is a beautiful fashion icon - something you can't really say about all the other Vogue coverstars.

Kite, justaguy, MagFan and 7 others like this.
  11. KINGofVERSAILLES

But it’s not really about who deserves a cover, it’s about predicting who will get one. Lena got a cover at the height of her acclaim and fame, when she’d just created/wrote/directed/starred-in a very popular, Emmy-winning, and, more importantly, talked-about “feminist” show, has a massive book deal, etc. Amy had a massively successful TV show, blockbuster film, won a Peabody award, had comedy specials, a book deal, etc. they were both very much in the zeitgeist and at the height of their careers. Kylie has an impressively long career, is beautiful, has great style, but she simply isn’t relevant in America, hasn’t had a hit here in nearly 2 decades. By conventional pop star standards, her album flopped hard in the states. What does she bring to US Vogue that would warrant a cover? Sales? No. Social media discussion? No. Clout? No. Does she help them cover their behind in terms of representation? No. Does she have Icon status in the US so that we’re would be automatic interest and goodwill towards Vogue seeing her on the cover? No. What possible impetus would Anna have to give her a cover? Even Edward and Edwina didn’t give her one for this album.

12. THD96

THD96 Active Member

As much a hardcore Anna and her Vogue stan as I am, the "fashion Bible" can use someone with class and integrity for a change. Kylie™ Minogue is a self-made successful pop star that doesn't need to milking her husband last name "till divorce do us part" every 5 minutes just to secure a magazine cover.

Razjel, aracic and jorgepalomo like this.
  13. aracic

aracic Moderator

Yes, I suppose you're right and I do agree that Kylie is highly unlikely to get a US cover. It's just wishful thinking on my part.

14. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Active Member

Shes young, popular and actually pretty famous seeing as she’s the biggest female Spanish singer in the world as well as a fashion icon. given the sizeable Latin American community and growth of Latin music worldwide I don’t see that as wild.

KINGofVERSAILLES likes this.
  15. YSL87

YSL87 Member

Do we have any informations about a possible Gigi Hadid cover shoot? I bet her agents are planning a big comeback for her.

16. HodanChloe

HodanChloe Active Member

^ Idk but surely her first post-baby cover/interview would have to be for Us Vogue? Her last cover was in 2017, she’s way overdue for another one.

17. KINGofVERSAILLES

If/when she gets a US Vogue cover, I only hope it is a solo cover. She had to share the cover with a man twice, and with 6 other models the other time. Now she’ll likely have to share it with an infant. Le sigh.

aracic likes this.
  18. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Active Member

She’ll definitely get a baby cover probably with zayn but then again he seems to want to keep the child private or could just be biding time for a vogue reveal, could see Bella getting a solo cover this year though

Razjel likes this.
  19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I don't want to see her on the cover again, shared or otherwise. I really like Bella as a model and can vaguely tolerate Kendall on occasion, but just can't get myself to like Gigi or her work. She's too thirsty. That's off-putting, and I'm sure Anna can sense that - probably why she's left wanting.
    It's almost comical really. Gigi probably thought all her international Vogue covers would fastrack her to an OG US Vogue cover, yet Kendall who probably only have the 3rd amount of Gigi's overall covers (and work ethic) already have 3 US Vogue covers, 2 on her own and one being a September cover.

jorgepalomo and Serend1pity like this.
  20. HodanChloe

HodanChloe Active Member

I’ll be so annoyed if zayn is shoehorned the cover again, they should let her have her moment for once.