Cover Rumor Thread

^Dreadful! And it's two more months before we'll see the new Esquire.

So Claudia Winkleman is on the cover of Red, wearing new season Chanel!?! She actually looks halfway decent with no smudged mascara in sight, but I didn't know Red could get access to such blue-chip brands because they don't take out frequent advertising in the magazine.

You do really strongly dislike Rami, don't you? :rofl:

Ugh, can't stand him, lol. Face is just too punchable.

Could Anna have Kamala in store for December? Or maybe Adele. She would need a powerful star to counter Beyonce at UK Vogue. Or could it be the famous 4 of the US House?
It would be a major coup if she got Janet Jackson for an iconic December issue lensed by a major photographer not these amateurs that we see nowadays.

I think Anna delayed the cover release date because of the election so she has more time to run the cover

Kamala Harris on the cover of Vogue? Anna Wintour and Vogue would be extremely late to the party - Nina Garcia beat her to the punch with Elle’s November cover. Vogue should be all about the exclusive. The leader... not the follower.

Kamala Harris on the cover of Vogue? Anna Wintour and Vogue would be extremely late to the party - Nina Garcia beat her to the punch with Elle’s November cover. Vogue should be all about the exclusive. The leader... not the follower.
I guess the reason why Anna didn’t put Kamala on the cover earlier is because what happened to Hilary in 2016, and now the result is still unclear.

I think If Biden wins then Kamala and probably Jill Biden will definitely get a US Vogue cover

I think If Biden wins then Kamala and probably Jill Biden will definitely get a US Vogue cover

Definitely Jill. And she'd have to get it before Kamala.
Some weeks ago I believe she met with Anna Wintour, probably tried to soften up the incoming first lady. I can see her on the cover dressed in American brands.
She also seems to be very popular, I'd say more popular than him.

Frankly I don’t see it happening. An inside feature definitely. But not the cover.

Reactions: KoV
I don’t want Jill on the cover after the rightful Melania snub. The last thing I’d want is the narrative of Melania being bullied by mainstream media for her political beliefs. It’s time to forget about her and not give her any more platform.

Also, I don’t see Jill being interested. She might shoot for a feature though.

As for Kamala, If Anna wanted her, she would’ve moved heaven and earth to get her. But she didn’t. And don’t get me started with the “Nina is more relevant and influential now than Anna” argument.

Though Kamala can still use the “First Female Vice President” narrative on her cover. The Elle one is just her as a Senator/Candidate.

It’s brilliant to wait out the elections because imagine if Hillary got a cover before November 2016? How big of a joke that would’ve been months later? I stand with my view that Kamala’s Elle cover was irresponsible in light of this highly contentious election. Dems have always been painted as the party who is severely out of touch with the plight of the working class. And here you have the VP candidate clad in thousand dollar garment. It was irresponsible. But i digress.

Reactions: KoV
^I actually think Nina got a headstart with Kamala, she may have approached her way before Vogue even considered doing a feature. In the end the Elle cover didn't hurt her profile. Instead people are more up in arms over AOC's Vanity Fair cover and had Kamala appear in or on Vogue she'd have suffered the same backlash because these magazines are considered elitist.

As for Jill having to wait not in order for Vogue not to appear biased, too late for that. Vogue already refused to give Melania a cover for 4 years, and quite right too. Even if Jill gets a cover in the final year of a Biden presidency some will still bring up the fact that Melania didn't get one.
Vogue made a bold decision to get involved in politics, took a stand by endorsing HRC, and continued on that stance. May as well go all the way and bugger the haters.

Rianne van Rompaey’s currently in Athens, Greece shooting for Vogue (edition is undisclosed) with Lachlan Bailey and stylist Clare Richardson.

If Biden wins, 100% sure Kamala will be on the cover of the march issue... I see it coming. And Alexandra’s cover, of course.

Rianne van Rompaey’s currently in Athens, Greece shooting for Vogue (edition is undisclosed) with Lachlan Bailey and stylist Clare Richardson.

I doubt this is for a VP cover. Maybe an edit, but even then Clare hardly styles for VP.
It's virtually impossible that Alt would give her a cover.

Kamala could get a cover for December 2024 if Dems win again and Biden does only serve one term as rumored over a year ago before he started his run. The headline would be more powerful: The First Female President.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->