CR Fashion Book #10 by Mario Sorrenti

ChicSaks

Reaction score
CRF030117COVER-LARA-copy-1.jpg

CR Fashion Book

looks like a french Vogue cover

A very weak VP cover, the art direction is more interesting than Lara here. Hopefully there will be more covers.

10 issues, but has this magazine actually produced any memorable content?

The layout and the typography are terrible! :neutral:

The layout is horrible! I also HATE her logo that goes across the page, ruins the pictures for me.

The layout is indeed dreadful but the picture itself is quite stunning.

Meh, Carine rehashing her old formula. A celebratory issue, Lara in black and white. Plain white background. Gold font. Wow so unique.

Weren't there any better photos? Lara looks like she's tired of it already. "Get me out of here" the picture says.

And I agree with blueorchid, 10 issues in, and no iconic, or memorable editorial ever produced. The only one I remember was Beyoncé's and it's because I'm a die hard Beyoncé fan. Just that.

And the fact that this looks like a weak VP cover just goes to show that the identity of her VP was mainly because of the photographers. If it was all her, we would have iconic after iconic editorials and covers like before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually they do like LOVE and launch a sneak peak cover before the real cover, right? so let's hope this is not the final cover!

I expected everyone to like it, and .... nope lol.

I can remember a lot of CR Fashion Book covers and I'm not even lying. Their covers are memorable.

Why do I think I've seen previously Lara with the same hairstyle, makeup and pose as the cover???

Carine photographed by Pierre-Alban Hue De Fontenay

CRF030117COVER-CARINE1.jpg

CARINE ROITFELD WEARS JACKET DIOR

crfashionbook.com

The first beauty pageant contestant to wear a hijab

For the theme of CR's 10th issue, Carine returned to the place that has inspired her most: Paris. Leading up to our newsstand date on March 2nd, we'll reveal a series of teasers from inside the upcoming CR10 that can all be traced back to our editor-in-chief's roots.
Today, we introduce a relatively unknown face, the Somali-American Halima Aden who represents one type of diversity that has made Paris the dynamic city that it is today. Halima herself was born in a refugee camp in Kenya and migrated to the United States at an early age. Back in November, she competed for the title of Miss Minnesota USA. Although she didn't win, she made history as the first-ever contestant to wear a hijab and a burkini in a competition—as opposed to evening gowns and swimwear. Her image circulated around the Internet, touching many young Muslim women who had never imagined seeing someone like Halima in the running for a beauty pageant.
"Halima is breaking boundaries of beauty and perception by being herself," Carine explains. "I find this incredibly inspiring, and I know she will be an icon. In CR Issue 10, she represents the diversity of Paris, where a mix of global cultures converge." We hope this is just the beginning of a long modeling career for Halima, who's poised to be the first top model to only be photographed wearing her hijab. - Ray Siegel

Photograph Mario Sorrenti
Fashion Carine Roitfeld
Makeup Kanako Takase
Hair Akki
Manicure Mei Kawajiri

CRF10_SORRENTI_NO-TEXT_6.jpg

crfashionbook.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member