CR Fashion Book #10 by Mario Sorrenti

Carine Roitfeld Fashion Book STARRING CARINE (in capital letters) with a picture of Carine in the cover and a big CR in gold. Who was the one saying that MAStermind was an such an ego project because of the MAS? I die. :lol:

The Lara Stone picture is decent, but feels like something from 2008-2009. The ed of her in Instambul comes to my mind or her amazing cover for Vogue Paris March 2008 (even if they are not too alike).

I also agree with the one who said the CR ruins the cover graphically... It does indeed! Was such a bad idea to use that as a masthead.

I don't care about Lara's and Carine's shots but Halima's is gooorgeous. She is giving me incredible Iman face and the proportions are very interesting.

Carine and Lara's covers would have been waaay better and striking without those layouts.

I like Lara's cover. It's a bit lazy to use the layout of her 2010 Vogue Paris cover with Isabeli but it works.

I think that loosing Gan was the best thing that happened to Carine. It looks less amateur and more polished + it's good to see her back with big photographers other than Weber.

I really loved her dance issue and some of the eds in the overall CR FASHION BOOK catalogue.
But i think the magazine has suffered from a big "DIY" amateurish process. MAStermind for example looks like a well conducted project. CRFB has always felt rushed for me.

It was the right time for her to cover her own magazine. I've actually got nothing against that. She's got a lot going for her with her fashion line, hyped to the max at the moment, working on all the top brands, and the greater public is starting to take note of her. I actually think her cover will outsell Lara's. But please, let this be a once-off. We don't need another Oprah situation.......

Bella Hadid photographed by Mario Sorrenti

Last edited by a moderator:
Gigi Hadid by Mario Sorrenti:

It started out good but it's already ruined beyond repair with those two attention seekers.

But whatever, CR Fashion Book ain't sh!t.

The Hadids are beyond just dominating the industry at this point...
I like Bella's cover best... Gigi's mouth stays open lol

But whatever, CR Fashion Book ain't sh!t.

Potty mouth! :lol:
But you're right, it's started of fairly well. Why not just go with Bella? I know she's the first one who pushed for Gigi, but come on. Always with the open mouth! Bella's got the best cover anyway.

The layout makes every image look worse. Gigi's cover is the worst,that open mouth is so annoying..
I quite like the other covers but would never spend money for the magazines just by looking at them!

Bella's is best. It's actually a total eye-catcher. On the newsstands, it'll stand out. She looks fantastic.

I love the physicality in Gigi's pic more than her facial expression. She IS really starting to develop as a model. You can see her athleticism come through in many of her recent editorials.

10 issues of CR Fashion Book..and Gigi has been on three of them? Give someone else a chance, one Hadid is enough. That said, I actually prefer Gigi's cover to Bella's - those horrible earrings ruin it for me.

You have Paris — a very beautiful city imo — as your inspiration and you give us studio shots? My goodness. Give us the view. Show us places not even VP would even dare shoot.

If it weren't for this lazy execution, there never would've been the need to place PARIS in such a huge, and odd size.

Isn't this her "coming home" issue. I would've loved seeing a cover that manifests that! A woman dressed appropriately for the season, enjoying the Parisian view that she missed, and being happy that she's back home. Not this. This to me is like a random portfolio and they decided to call it Paris.

Lol and btw, Gigi looks like a drag impersonator of JLo

Last edited by a moderator:
You have Paris — a very beautiful city imo — as your inspiration and you give us studio shots? My goodness. Give us the view. Show us places not even VP would even dare shoot.

Please, we are talking about Carine Roitfeld right now :lol::lol:
Don't expect from her to go to those places...Even on a regular basis. I'm sure Karl Lagerfeld went to places she would even dare to go...:lol:

I'm almost certain the Parisian theme will be expanded in the edits, but don't expect a literal representation. Carine is all about abstract, always has been,, which suits me perfectly! The last issue with Rihanna was tautly edited, and so, so cohesive. She picked up the Marie Antoinette theme and ran with it from the Rihanna cover (which I still hate, btw) right through to the fashion and beauty stories, and features. Thematic editing is her strength. That's why her HB features will never work. It's too limited for her to make a statement.

I would rather pick up an issue with a cohesive set of editorials, featuring a distinct mood running through all of them, than 5 x 80's style edits looking exactly the same, 11 times a year!

love how Carine put herself on the cover, so far though it's actually the best of the lot.

Bella has grown as a model, so has GiGi, but GiGi and her always open fish mouth is kinda annoying now.

Either way. Lara has the strongest cover.

Crikey, I foolishly believed Karlie could do no wrong. How come her cover looks the worst? Looks like she's overthinking her posing here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->