Deacon hits UK's Daks

leyla m.

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]*from WGSN*[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]DEACON TO HEAD DAKS LUXURY WOMENSWEAR
Giles Deacon is to become womenswear designer for high-end classic British brand Daks Luxury.

"Giles Deacon is one of the most exciting designers working in London today and I am delighted that he is bringing his talent to Daks," said Daks MD Bruno Massa. "We are looking forward to watching Giles bring a new dimension to the concept of luxury British clothing."

Deacon, known for his couture sensibility, will create his first collection for the label for autumn/winter 2007/08.

"Working with one of the great British design houses like Daks is an immense opportunity," said Deacon. "I want to make British luxury relevant and modern, but remain true to the tailoring and quality that lies at the heart of Daks."

The move continues the British label's campaign to forge a new, more fashion-oriented direction. Burberry has become the most successful of the British classics to do this so far but Aquascutum and Pringle have also made an impact with a new look under strongly creative design teams.
[/FONT]
I personally cant wait to see the collection and am certainly considering buying it!!!
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I knew Giles has been hiding something for some while now, now its out! :woot:
[/FONT]

So will he still design his own line under this or ?

of course he will... he was having problems with production and we were promised from next season it would be much smoother... i presume it is due to this headline and some support he will get from now on :smile:

he is brilliant!

Daks, New look, Giles .... too many things at once.

lets see...

leyla m. said:
yeah the New Look shouldnt have happened IMO

I agree... NL is awful IMO, they try hard but the fabrics are poor and the finishings are really bad... doesn't matter how good you are in design, if the manufacture of it is bad, the final results will be bad..

I cannot understand why he signed this deal. :sick:

Lets hope Daks can balance this situation.

I'm not against the new Look venture but i do not like Daks at all so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out....

esquire said:
I agree... NL is awful IMO, they try hard but the fabrics are poor and the finishings are really bad... doesn't matter how good you are in design, if the manufacture of it is bad, the final results will be bad..

I cannot understand why he signed this deal. :sick:

Lets hope Daks can balance this situation.

in one word,

Money!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought i knew a lot about fashion, but i guess there is always more to learn.
i must admit i never heard about the brand Daks before now, (must do some research to see what they are/were about)
however, i am happy for Mr. Giles Deacon though, i think he has become a sort of standard bearer in London (albeit somewhat inconsistent) and it is nice to see him being able to broaden his profile and be given projects that will help him to have a significant cash input in his own house...........

berlinrocks;

new look is a very cheap high street store in the UK... it got revamped a while ago to cmpete with Topshop or even H&M but the quality of its overall image and garments is still very poor..

Let's just hope he is not putting his hands in to many pots otherwise the "Giles" label may suffer.

Thanks for the article Leyla.M:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->