Giles Deacon for New Look

I agree with the poster who said that the vast majority of New Look customers won't know who Giles Deacon is. But still it will probably end up being very successful, tell people that it's by "a fashion designer" and they tend to go for it.

The quality of clothing in NL is fairly poor, I went into a New Look store for the first time in 3 years, a couple of months back and it does seem that there has been some improvement in design but I couldn't say the same for the quality.

In any case it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

retailqueen said:
I'm sorry,but that was extremly rude:rolleyes: , there are actually people , human beings (me) who actually like new look and thik its great value for money. And i find it very insulting that you would describe the clothes that way.
Whats wrong with juust saying 'I don't like there quality of their clothing'?
Do you NEED to belittle it?:rolleyes:

Anyway, actually going on your 'argument' (if you can call it such), new look IMO has the same quality clothes, and sometimes even better , than H&m. The only difference is that H&m has the 'hype' and heavily uses advertising to create an 'image'

To be honest I find New Look does tend to cater for those who like the bling look. The shoes are cheap and look just that cheap. In their defence they do sometimes come up with the odd piece like the blue floral mini dress.

In regards to Giles... not sure even he could pull it off.

Gah...New Look is one of those stores that everyone harps on about being so great but everytime I make an effort to root around for something good.......I get....NOTHING! All I see are cheap looking shoes, dresses with sequins falling off and cack jewellery.......... and I'm a true digger....

I would however be interested to see this collaboration if not for design's sake then to see whether designer collaborations means improv on the quality.....

exactly susie!

to whoever said it was my post was rude. it isn't. only truthful. i didn't personally insult you but to me, their clothes are poor quality and i shop at primark!

:rofl: ahaha susie, you are too funny. cack jewelry. If i'm being honest....I've never been in a new look but i have seen pieces from there that are good. That is all!

^: ) You know me....I tell it as it is.... take one trip to the Oxford Street store and you'll know what I mean......it's just pants.....

off topic but didnt new look oxford street have some kind of floor which they had to remove because too many people fell over on it? :rofl:

i heard march. drew barrymore is doing the ads for it.

can you buy new look items online?

from wwd:
Giles Deacon has unveiled his 35-piece collection for British high street retailer New Look, which will launch March 13 at the chain's stores. The collection, Gold, features a black cotton dress adorned with amber jewel details; pink and grey silk print tops, and skinny jeans with gold embroidery. There's jewelry, too, including a gold-effect tiger pendant and a jagged-edge gold effect bracelet. Prices will range from about $8 for earrings to $118 for a cotton sateen coat. Drew Barrymorewill feature in the line's promotional shots, which were styled by Katie Grand.

New Look has improved vastly. Although they still do some awful clothes, but I think they will get better

You can see a few of the pieces in this months Vogue. I glanced at them briefly but none of it seems very memorable.

I don't think I have ever bought anything from New Look, except a tulip dress about a year back - which does not look cheap, well not on me anyway - hahaha!

I tend to like Giles' designs, however it seems very odd for him to do a collaboration with New Look..I agree that NL is not knowns for its quality, designs or anything good really - I do happen to find the odd dress or lingerie in there every so ofter, but most times is all about cheap, trashy clothes...

new look is cheap and tacky, no one will really know who he actually is because most people who love the store and shop in it are girls my age (12)
though i only tend to buy basics but the rest is rubbish

Why the hell did he collaborate with New Look anywho?

They're like polar opposites...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->