Demna Gvasalia - Designer, Creative Director of Balenciaga

what is that common denominator? untalented, uncouth, ignorant worthless people like bella hadid?? I agree.

I mean people who think Tiktok or [insert social media of choice] is as credible as a fact checked newspaper, who'll believe any conspiracy theory presented to them because they're credulous dolts, but who still want to be considered 'stylish' by the standards of whatever surviving magazines and accounts they follow and who think a huge logo is proof of "style" because it shows they spent a lot of money on a brand but wouldn't know serging from a French seam.

So yes, uncouth, ignorant, intellectually bankrupt and culturally worthless, though I'm reluctant to put Bella Hadid in that category and I think the description would be more accurately applied to the fans of a certain other celebrity Balenciaga endorser (and her family) that Demna was working with and accompanying to the Met Gala etc.

To dismiss the outcry as a witchhunt or hysteria or coming from bigots says more about you than the supposed bigots which aren't bigots at all, they are just not perverse like the people who support this campaign.
It is difficult to imagine that people into talking about fashion are not deviants in one shape or form, so I think it is easier for there to be more of a sympathetic stance here, than compared to a non-fashion community. There is a different moral compass here. To give you some solace, the numbers don't lie, and Balenciaga is being hit by the people's voices who actually matter (not the ones who post religiously here). Although it will anger many, there is a real chance that Balencaiga won't recover from this gross display of negligence.

This thread is full of elitism and classicism, looking down on critics and dismissing them as conspirationists, pizzagate, qanon, is not a good luck and this is why most people see couture and fashion as a joke and it's why Vogue has a circulation of only one million and cogue uk a laughable 200k, they basically subsist as conjobs since they have no readers. It's like the photographer of the instagram ahoot making a career out of making fun of Americans and their guns but they aren't branded as pedos like he is lol.

Actually, that's not true at all if you've actually read the comments here criticizing Demna/the campaign. Most people who see fashion and couture as a joke aren't going to be swayed one way or the other by a fashion campaign. And Vogue having a circulation of +/- 1 million certainly puts it within the range of popular magazines, believe it or not, like Popular Mechanics and Car and Driver. Not everyone can be as popular as the AARP Magazine. :rolleyes:

It is difficult to imagine that people into talking about fashion are not deviants in one shape or form, so I think it is easier for there to be more of a sympathetic stance here, than compared to a non-fashion community.

What makes you say that people who are interested in talking about fashion are, lol, "deviants"? As opposed to people who talk about literally any other subject from video games to cooking? I'm very intrigued.

What makes you say that people who are interested in talking about fashion are, lol, "deviants"? As opposed to people who talk about literally any other subject from video games to cooking? I'm very intrigued.
Let's just say that people with a more conventional moral compass will not be sympathetic at all towards the Balenciaga team, and there is a pattern of behaviour within the fashion community/industry that supports, and normalizes, individuals with questionable moral compasses. I'm surprised I even need to spell this out for you. I'm not here to witch hunt which particular posters have questionable moral compasses, so I will stop here.

^Maybe if that public didn't have a history of calling everything remotely confronting "satanic" (because the whole universe has to revolve around Christianity and only Christianity), fashion people would be more willing to listen to their opinions here.

The campaign is obviously not okay, but people are too quick to throw uninvolved people into the matter (the YSL and Bottega team) and start spreading false/outdated/incomplete information (Lotta Volkova) for the sake of cultivating anger. Maybe let's attack Demna and Charbit instead.

In the end, whether or not Demna's Balenciaga comes back depends on their customers. If not, Kering will simply clean out Balenciaga and start afresh with a new CEO, creative director and brand aesthetic.

If all we're going here is bickering about who's a Satanist, then I'm "unwatching" this thread. Tag me when Demna is finally fired/leaves/dies/gets arrested for yelling anti-Semitic slur at a Parisian bar, so I can celebrate.

It feels like such a weird move because it is only to save face and it looks utterly desperate. I almost wish they had not done this and just went low-key for a while. Them thinking this will work to change perceptions shows no one knows what they are doing. I could be very wrong, though.

i wish for the time when luxury fashion labels were about luxury items and less about overt social justice and political statements. It’s too much.

It is comical that such a big brand in terms of numbers like Balenciaga and a big company behind it like Kering are scrambling to fix this yet they are still somehow making this situation worse (PR-wise, though I guess any support to a non-profit is a plus, no matter the intention). I guess money really can't buy you the best PR solution. It will be interesting to see where they will be a year from now.

I laughed out loud at 2/3.. imagine you got hired at Balenciaga on Oct 2022, only to find yourself taking mandatory courses on child protection. :lol:

I'm with Cocteau Stone, they shouldn't have announced it. Doing it in such a cheap way makes me wonder if the NCA is even aware lol. They should've tried to redeem themselves by squeezing their way into some parliament, even Davos. You know, the non-kosher stuff we're all cool with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->