Demna Gvasalia - Designer, Creative Director of Balenciaga

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for this clown to finally step down.

Unfortunately don't have access to the full article but misstweed suggests there will be a tectonic shift in many brands within next few months, including Balenciaga, Balmain etc.
I had a discussion recently about Balmain. I think that while the brand is doing well, that there’s a shift in Olivier’s aesthetic, a change will probable happen.
The fragrance and it success might be a test for Olivier but I really feel like his era is coming to an end.

Isnt that guy Peter Copping doing the HC? He should get the job at Balenci’

Chanel par Olivier SVP?

Someone can fact check this but my friend recently visited China and told me that Balenciaga seems to be selling well there (or at least still has influence on the trend). Based on that observation, Demna will probably stay at Balenciaga until sales in China really drop.

Balenciaga drops revenues by 17% in 2023

In short, translated from Italian: while most Kering owned brands registered a decline in revenues in 2023 (SL -1%; BV -8%; Gucci -6%), Balenciaga, which along with AMQ and Brioni registers under the voice Other Brands, dropped by an egregious -17%. Only the Chinese market seems to hold, while the rest of the markets is lagging tragically behind.

Other designers have been fired for much less, given the current cut-throat standards of the fashion industry.
Thanks to which sorcery is Demna still going ahead, I wonder?

Balenciaga drops revenues by 17% in 2023

In short, translated from Italian: while most Kering owned brands registered a decline in revenues in 2023 (SL -1%; BV -8%; Gucci -6%), Balenciaga, which along with AMQ and Brioni registers under the voice Other Brands, dropped by an egregious -17%. Only the Chinese market seems to hold, while the rest of the markets is lagging tragically behind.

Other designers have been fired for much less, given the current cut-throat standards of the fashion industry.
He will probably leave at the end of his contract. It would cost them more to fire him than to go ahead until the end of the contract.
Financial success is not a prerogative of a designer so you can’t possibly get rid of him because of that.
Sometimes however, it’s better to loose some money to save the brand.

That’s why I think that Kering has no strategy or Plan B for Balenciaga.

I wonder if Charbit and Demna do have a good communication because we haven’t seen a shift in design.

The PR are working hard on Redcarpet events with their Ambassadors and campaigns but no shift in products and aesthetic.

Either Charbit will save himself along the way or they will get rid of them together.

And Balenciaga is a small brand in Kering’s portfolio. It’s important for them to focus on Gucci, and to keep an eye on Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta.

If SdS was success at Gucci, Demna would have been already sacked. He is there only because the rest aren’t selling and Kering is in deep sh*t with Gucci. I think his contract will expire 2025 or beginning 2026. I’m betting after next couture.

The PR are working hard on Redcarpet events with their Ambassadors and campaigns but no shift in products and aesthetic.
Geeee, have you seen Isabelle Huppert at the last Venice Film Festival? If that’s all they can come up with…(Miranda Priestley’s puckered lips)

Geeee, have you seen Isabelle Huppert at the last Venice Film Festival? If that’s all they can come up with…(Miranda Priestley’s puckered lips)
Oh she looked terrible!
I have always admired her style, even more because she can really dress. When you bump into her in Paris, much like Deneuve, you see that she is really stylish (unlike Cotillard or Paradis).

On one hand, I find hilarious how she threw herself into Demna’s aesthetic a bit like in her movies and on the other hand, the tracksuit, the Redcarpet looks…She has looked her worst since becoming the Ambassador of the brand.

At the same time, I get why she accepted the contract.

^ they do wipe out the entire ig every single time new campaign is coming up etc. for them it’s a standard practice so the 7 posts will disappear before new show announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->