Dior Homme AW 05-06

The more I look at the collection, the more I like. I mean, just look at all the cute boys with long hair, the eyeliner, the shoes, the scarves, the capes, the pants, the jackets......

Lovely.... :heart: I am gonna faint now.... ^_^

DNR loved the capes! Karl L. was quoted as saying, (and I paraphrase) "Normally I don't like capes, but these I would wear!" I went to a very scary visual place after that.:shock:

I like the collection a lot. I'm just not gonna buy it - have other brands that demand my money! But if I had a ton of cash, why not?

Oh dear if I ever see Karl touch one of those capes, I swear I'll become blind. :ninja:

I am having an obession with these:

00150m.jpg
00160m.jpg

00360m.jpg

All pics from men.style.com

The styling was just perfect. :heart:

Kimkhuu said:
Oh dear if I ever see Karl touch one of those capes, I swear I'll become blind. :ninja:

Holy Lagerfeld, Batman!!! :lol:

^^ its funny to see karl becoming such a fashion victim

Why are you all so negative to this collection? I think it wonderful. I would wear most of it. Cept I wouldn't buy the capes, but thats just because I'm not a cape guy, and maybe not the dangling belt thingies :wink: Didn't like the last aw 04 and didnt quite like SS05 either but this collection is really great. Quality seems to have gone up and the fit seems fitter than ever :smile:

Quality has actually gone the opposite way in these collections.

One reason to be negative is that its not really anything new for hedi or otherwise.

One more thing, I don't think Dior Homme clothes are neccesary baggier than the runways. It's really up to yourself. Runway jeans are usually 19cm hem but normally people buy 21cm, and yes those 2 cm's make all the difference sometimes. Also the same with jackets, suits etc etc. But it's understandable, only a small percent of the population are thin enough to successfully pull off the runway look.. and some people like the image that the runway project, but they personally buy a size that's just a little larger because it's more comfortable to them without sacrificing the cut totally. If they only made small sizes the brand wouldn't be as popular.. What are the chances of beeing a thin, rich, goodlooking guy :wink: I wear Dior Homme, and I always try to pull off the runway look, but jeez when I get home, I always get out of it as fast as possible and then put on some baggy and comfy pants :smile:

Raijin
How do you know, the clothes won't be out for a good while.
How is it even remotely possible that the quality has gone the opposite direction compared to SS05?

I actually like the capes. And I'd find them cool off the runway.

I do know some buyers who have seen the goods in the showrooms.
But you yourself know how bad the quality was in s/s 05, LVMH has no incentive to raise the bar on quality.

Magnum said:
Why are you all so negative to this collection? I think it wonderful. I would wear most of it. Cept I wouldn't buy the capes, but thats just because I'm not a cape guy, and maybe not the dangling belt thingies :wink: Didn't like the last aw 04 and didnt quite like SS05 either but this collection is really great. Quality seems to have gone up and the fit seems fitter than ever :smile:

Watcha talking about? Plenty of people liked it. Did you read all the comments?

Magnum said:
One more thing, I don't think Dior Homme clothes are neccesary baggier than the runways. It's really up to yourself. Runway jeans are usually 19cm hem but normally people buy 21cm, and yes those 2 cm's make all the difference sometimes. Also the same with jackets, suits etc etc. But it's understandable, only a small percent of the population are thin enough to successfully pull off the runway look.. and some people like the image that the runway project, but they personally buy a size that's just a little larger because it's more comfortable to them without sacrificing the cut totally. If they only made small sizes the brand wouldn't be as popular.. What are the chances of beeing a thin, rich, goodlooking guy :wink: I wear Dior Homme, and I always try to pull off the runway look, but jeez when I get home, I always get out of it as fast as possible and then put on some baggy and comfy pants :smile:

Oh god, please don't call it "popular". I know it's quite true, but I don't like to think of this as trendy and the next nouveau riche brand at all. :yuk: :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx so much for the letters, Disstop! I'll read them when I can. :flower:

I actually liked the F/W 2005 collection A LOT. I think the styling looks a bit busy and over the top at times but it´s easy to bring it back to a level where it doesn´t look ridiculous at all.

True, this is not one of his most innovative collections, but as long as there are desirable pieces to pick up every season, I don´t care too much - In the end, I´m not into a total look but a personal identity expressed through my own style - which is basically why I loved it so much - everything was there, from the elegant glam goth/punk gear (glitter-y tuxes in couture grade fabrics, leather trenches, mean military coats and cutaways in a special shiny polyesther coating fabric, a reworked lustershine jean - no pilling this time!) to the streetwise grunge (65cm short sportjacket/blazer hybrids in prince of wales, plenty of skinny leathers/shearlings, t-shirts with arabesque-prints, macs in bouclé, parkas,...)

I actually saw most of it in person, great work on the fabrics in my opinion, especially the traditional english fabrics (pepita, prince of wales, tweeds) have had a certain twist about them - either being washed or overdyed, but don´t expect the clothes to look any less polished than before, it´s not "belgian" at all.

(imo) this is the best men's collection, in the world (as of now)

Kimkhuu said:
That's such a prejudice. If you want to, you're not obliged to conform to our society's ridiculous standarts, guys can have just as much fun as girls with fashion.

wow, i love you for thinking that way, lol :heart: :woot:

---

this collection is an inspiration to my wardrobe :P (well it has been for a while)

now i only have skinny black pants and skinny jeans,

hopefully i can make a lot of money to buy the jackets (or make them)

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be more specific about what you want to know... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->