Dior Homme F/W 2015.16 : Boyd Holbrook by Willy Vanderperre

Avogadro

Reaction score
Dior Homme is turning to a fresh, up-and-coming face to front its fall ad campaign.

Creative director Kris Van Assche and his longtime collaborator, photographer Willy Vanderperre, have tapped model-turned-actor Boyd Holbrook to star in a still-image campaign as well as a film.

Van Assche said this is the ninth time he has worked with Vanderperre on the brand’s advertising. In recent years, he said, the photographer has begun to embrace filmmaking, and Van Assche said this was the impetus for Dior Homme to create “a cinematic moment.”

The theme of the six-minute film, titled “Paris XVIE,” centers around the formalwear that dominated Van Assche’s fall line.

“It’s very related to the eveningwear in the fall collection,” Van Assche said. “It’s a romantic idea of an American wandering around Paris.” He said the film shows Holbrook dancing, sipping cocktails and collecting flowers.

“We started this collaboration with a focus on the film and now the pictures also have that filmic feel,” said Vanderperre. “We wanted somebody that we could explore the film idea with further, and it was Kris who suggested Boyd.”

Van Assche said he’s known Holbrook since his “assistant years,” but the model didn’t walk in the Dior show. The Kentucky-born Holbrook signed with Elite Models in 2001 and used the money he made walking the runways to study film at New York University. He has since appeared in several movies, including “Gone Girl.”

“Paris XVIE” will be teased at the designer’s spring show in Paris this week and the official unveiling will be on Aug. 31 on diormag.com, a stand-alone Web site, as well as blogs and other social media sites. The still campaign will appear in various publications around the world.

Van Assche said he expects to continue to work with Vanderperre on future campaigns. “Our relationship keeps evolving and getting better and better,” he said. “The brand is growing fast, so each season feels like a fresh start. I tell my story on the catwalk, but his interpretation takes it a step further. I like that.”

wwd

Nothing against a model growing older, but the whole thing looked a whole lot better back then, 12 years ago - This shorter haircut takes away any of the distinctive looks that made him so easily recognizable then and let's not even start to talk about the fashions...

Wish they chose a younger model...

Love the composition and Boyd's punky hairstyle, he reminds me of DTH's Campino in the 90s :D

That's how you do a fashion film. Yes im talking to you Givenchy and Lanvin.

Love the video. Very well-done. I wish they would go to this sort of direction and the Riri for Dior across the whole brand. Dior, seriously, needs to create a cohesive image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justineoffredi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->