Dior Homme - posting requires reading thread rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Dior is such a snooze in person. It's much too feminine to be wearable, oh, there were actual women trying on Dior Homme at the shop...total turn off.

diorling, how did the outerwear look, was that a snooze too? im still considering that long green trench, or that belted trench like safari jacket(it costs a damn lot on yahoo japan wonder how much it is US retail)

^ The belted trench wasn't in but I tried on the belted shirt...Wow, it is so unbelieveably feminine, I thought I could pull it off, it looked like I was wearing my moms Kors safari jacket The trenches this season are alright, I like them but the shapes are very a-line which is controversial, I still prefer my Fendi trench(though Dior's fabric is amazing).

I tried on that belted safari jacket...Wow, that thing is really nothing special in person. It's just a bunch of random zips and snaps and buckles that really dont do anything, also, the shape is really crap...Oh well...

Diorling: I thought I'd ask you here.. the new DH boots you bought grey/taupe colour, fantastic boots!

Are they from this this season? Do you have any information? Style name? etc? And what did they retail for?

I would appreciate all help. :flower:

thats a bummer. i did think that they over did it with all the extra attachments though. i guess ill have to strongly consider the long green trench then.

Diorling said:
I tried on that belted safari jacket...Wow, that thing is really nothing special in person. It's just a bunch of random zips and snaps and buckles that really dont do anything, also, the shape is really crap...Oh well...

pucci_mama said:
Diorling: I thought I'd ask you here.. the new DH boots you bought grey/taupe colour, fantastic boots!

Are they from this this season? Do you have any information? Style name? etc? And what did they retail for?

I would appreciate all help. :flower:
They're current season, and were $675. I know nothing else (already threw away the box).

Diorling said:
New Dior is such a snooze in person. It's much too feminine to be wearable, oh, there were actual women trying on Dior Homme at the shop...total turn off.

It used to be a total turn on when women were wearing Dior Homme tailored menswear, creating an effect akin to Catherine Deneuve in a YSL smoking(to a lesser degree) but now that it looks like badly designed womenswear I do agree it's eeeeww.

I agree completely. Dior Homme jeans on women are still the hottest, like my friend Meaghan in her 19cm, so hot.

I've been looking for belts recently...
p11348598_ph_hero.jpg

(from eLuxury.com)
Yes/No? The price is right (and free shipping), but I won't really get to wear it until fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really boring, and i've never been a fan of gold-black belts, unless they're wide, worn around the waist and vintage. That belt isn't a waistbelt, wide or vintage, so a no from me. Sorry. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody hear anything about the new line Dior Homme Petite Taille?
it's a line with men's style but made for women. if not I'm going to make a new thread here or on the designers and collections forum. thanks!

^ I think it's the same as the men's only in really small sizes, like IT38and 36.

That's what I've heard, I'd be very interested to find out..

They've always had the petite sizes. Goes down to a 38p for suits/jackets, 36p for shirts, xxsp for sweaters/tshirts.

thanks guys. I tried some pants on yesterday and they basically fit!
I need to have it taken out on the hips but the legs fit perfectly.
I was told that the pants had room to be taken out because they knew that women have hips and so they need to leave room.
Also the alteration is free!
So I'm going to get a pair next month, and I put my name down for some basic suits.
the shirts in 36 were too big though. Well women have smaller shoulders...but I wonder if the 38p jackets will be too big on me too. any thoughts guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->