Dior Homme S/S 07 Paris

djork said:
that seems to be the problem.
isnt it :rolleyes:

his clothes arent exactly feminine..nor it is masculine(though it is more towards that side)...it has no sex:innocent:
it's more like...which ever sex you are...you can make the clothes work for you

I actually find that ambiguos attitude of the clothing quite fresh and ahead of it's time again... I mean, noone on the market is making clothes like these that both men and women could wear.

I do have a problem however, seeing a girl clad from head to toe in Dior Homme... I've seen it a couple of times when they wear the jeans with the sneakers and I think it has something die-hard-lesbian about it, when you interpret it in a too sporty looking manner... I like to think of it in a context as YSL should be, menswear clothing adapted by women and given a slightly erotic, provocative, ambiguous touch.

haha..funny thing is...i thought of going into men's wear so i can do women's wear(though im still quite scared of doing women's wear)...making sense? :lol: i had a quick day dream about choosing models for the show and i was thinking to myself 'do i feel like male or female models for this seaon..hum?' so yes...i want to make clothes for both sex with the same context..haha since this whole angrogynous thing has been clogging up my brain

im fine with guys wearing women's clothes and vice versa..but it really depends on how the person put together the pieces to make them not look out of gender
i dress pretty ambiguous :lol: short bobbed hair, black tights, button down shirt and blazer are a must have for me

I don't mind women borrowing pieces, but I must say it bother's me to see celebrity girls like the Olsens or Lindsay Lohan wearing Dior Homme. But I'm glad I'm a male because I much prefer the look on guys.

Back on topic, I love the S/S 07 show. In many ways it harkens back to older collections, but it still seems new and streamlined (less ornamentation). There are too many cool jackets though, I will have a tough time deciding what to get, but I'll allow myself one :P

I also can't decide if I should get a suit next season or this season. They look skinnier than ever next season so I might wait. I also think they changed the cut a bit this season with a longer jacket and wider pants and I'm not sure if I like that.

tricotineacetat said:
I like to think of it in a context as YSL should be, menswear clothing adapted by women and given a slightly erotic, provocative, ambiguous touch.

I totally agree. I think Hedi is taking fashion where YSL would if he had his youth and energy.

casem83 said:
I don't mind women borrowing pieces, but I must say it bother's me to see celebrity girls like the Olsens or Lindsay Lohan wearing Dior Homme. But I'm glad I'm a male because I much prefer the look on guys.
it bothers me as well..especially when i dont like them much:ninja: but hey..they are celebs..they can wear whatever they want

i dont know much about what hedi did in his YSL days..but from what i heard..he seems to go back to those days? more and more YSL?

I though Cate Blanchett look absolutely wonder on the cover of Premiere.

:heart:

JuiceMajor said:
I though Cate Blanchett look absolutely wonder on the cover of Premiere.

can you post the cover? im curious
cate blanchett looks good in a kimono:lol:

Cate Blanchett Premiere, October 2006

01.jpg

02.jpg

cateblanchett.net

love it..she looks pretty in the first pic
love what she's wearing
i would wear it..except i would wear it with shirt buttoned up :lol:
make me want to get a dior homme blazer now

I kept seeing that magazine on the newstands and I just knew that had to be Dior Homme. It does look good on her though. I like the material and how short the jacket is.

I am somewhat finding the proportions of 'petite taille' clothes to look odd on most women, did you ever notice how wide the arms are cut? I think the whole cut doesn't look as if it was really taking into account a petite person, noone with that small shoulders would have arms as big as that!

i can somewhat understand that..since i got this vintage black evening jacket that has a narrow shoulder and somewhat wide arm sleeves..i still dont know whether it's made for a man or woman
i personally dont mind the sleeve...i guess this should make hedi go into women's wear even more..we are bit desperate arent we =T

it's not as if he was the only one doing 'menswear-for-women'... Hedi's former assistant, Nicolas Andreas Taralis, is doing exactly that with his own womenswear collection and by next season, also at Cerruti.

i see...
i dont know much about the past or who worked for him...thanks for telling...im gonna check them out than :smile:

tricotineacetat said:
I am somewhat finding the proportions of 'petite taille' clothes to look odd on most women, did you ever notice how wide the arms are cut? I think the whole cut doesn't look as if it was really taking into account a petite person, noone with that small shoulders would have arms as big as that!

I like the roomier/relaxed look on women. It makes it more casual, that could be a good and bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->