Dior S/S 2010 : Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel

It makes me think of that Bebe campaign from a few seasons ago. :ninja:

I think its nice, i get a Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not vibe, you can almost hear her raspy voice saying; "You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and blow.". This stayed true to collection which was inspired by Hollywood heroines.

Well, it's very current-Dior, so no surprise there. But I would have liked it better if Karlie wasn't so photoshopped. I like the lighting, but I wished the set and styling was a bit more inspired.

anna would've been perfect too; they should've shot them together. im actually happy for karlie, she had an amazing year editorially last year & i have high hopes for her this year in the campaigns.

well,hello Lauren :brows:
Me likes.

My first reaction was,"Dior has an ad campaign?"
After just one season absent, I've forgot they exists.

Not that crazy about the first shot, it barely looks like Karlie to me and its too dark not exciting and sexy as I thought it would be, but i still need to see more.

My first reaction was,"Dior has an ad campaign?"
After just one season absent, I've forgot they exists.

:lol: just what I was thinking...

I don't think Dior ads are that relevant as they used to be. This shot looks like it was shot just right after the show...there's absolutely nothing inspiring about it.

It's a total waste of Karlie, who has proved she can do much better.

It looks incredibly great.. and I'm not a fan of Karlie's.

Dior hasn't had a decent ad campaign since Spring 2007 [Gemma Ward by Nick Knight]. Basically, since Nick Knight left, they haven't had stellar campaigns.

Bring back the days of Gisele and Kate by Knight, I say!! :lol: :innocent:

I was not thrilled when I heard that Karlie was selected for the SS2010 campaign, but Karlie (and her creepy stare) doing Lauren Bacall is a genius move.

2yplv7n.jpg
Bellazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Boring...yawn...typical granny Dior.

The only redeeming quality is Karlie doesn't look like herself...she looks like a mix of Lauren Bacall and Anna Jagodzinska. But really, I just don't like that Karlie, who I consider such a girl, is here portraying such a woman as Bacall...it's uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Mullet that Karlie is definitely a nice young face for them to gain some very needed relevance, and it looks nice, it's much better than their last season efforts, but i dislike the logo placement!!! the other half page is empty :doh: why ruin the outfit.

Nothing new for me but at least i get to see the campaign this season.

i like Karlie but I feel like a more mature model is suited for this :ninja:

Dior hasn't had a decent ad campaign since Spring 2007 [Gemma Ward by Nick Knight]. Basically, since Nick Knight left, they haven't had stellar campaigns.

Bring back the days of Gisele and Kate by Knight, I say!! :lol: :innocent:

i totally agree with this. Nick Knight had a fresh take. and just saying, Dior's ad campaigns downgraded the same time as the downgrade of Galliano's work :innocent:

OMG! I am in love! Even though it looks like the runway look & theme, I still like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->