Dior's new star bag, the Rebelle - F/W 06

brian

Reaction score
dior's new "it" bag for f/w 06... the rebelle ... i must say i like it more than the gaucho... :P

main.jpg

leather/suede rebelle hobo--avail in black, khaki (olive), and off-white -- $1495​

main.jpg

waxed leather rebelle top-handle tote--avail in gold and dk brown -- $1590​

hm, looks quite ok, but i'm not too impressed. liked the gaucho more....

I prefer the Gaucho more. this bag doesn't seem that special compared to the gaucho imo

I'm not impressed. It's very ordinary, nothing at all unique or distinctive.,

I didn't like the gaucho either.

I like the top tote. Can't see it being a hit w/ Lindsay and rest of the crew though, it is a bit unassuming...

^ lindsay isn't really a dior girl... :P

i love the top one, the bottom one looks like somethings missing...

Gawd, all those pockets and snaps, looks like something you take when you go hiking! :lol:

I'm not at all impressed...it just looks like every single bag out there. All they did was add one a few pockets and snaps and give it a new name and voila! The new "IT" bag :huh:

i also like the gaucho more IMO even though i'm not a big gaucho fan. the tote is just too buzy with the buckle and the stitching and it does look like a man bag. also, kind of remind me of one of marc jacobs' tote.

I like it! Won't pay $1000 for it, but its still a cool bag.

Its OK. It kind of harkens the Hardcore Dior bags, those bags were f***ing awesome...

This is...meh...and I cant see it being very IT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, this leaves a dissatisfied aftertaste for me.

At first, my eyes: "OH WOW!!... "

Then I realize it was but an initial "oh WOW it's a DIOR bag" but the hype quickly died down.

I'm extremely unimpressed. It's not an ugly bad, but it's terribly mediocre, I like what they were TRYING to do with the little odd details, but none of it is in harmony.

Now, with the magnificent Gaucho bags, there were little odd details, and they came in harmony.

This is just ... blah.

And as my fashion elitist friend would ashamedly quip, "Looks like something you'd find in the sale racks at Ross"...

:wink:

It does look very "rugged", not quite as elegant as some of the other Dior bags I've seen.

It's nothing special. I find that most Dior bags are borderline ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanel49
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->