Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

I understand the different aesthetics things, but I think John at least has tried to adapt to Margiela even it is not very sucessful in the sense of design, so I think he still has potential to incorporate the Chanel codes into his work supposing we would say he is just doing Galliano.To defend myself, I don't think I am giving the answer of this thread. Instead, I am just guessing who is going to get the job. Regarding SPJ, I don't think he is on their radar even Michele waited and didn't get their call. But let's see and we will know soon.

John can do Chanel obviously, with his talent alone. But his ethos as a designer is so far from Chanel, much farther than it is from Margiela. Dior was perfect for him.

What I want from Chanel is someone who can do elevated staples, but still have enough imagination to develop techniques, fabrics and silhouettes from time to time. I mean Karl did concrete embroideries, no? Hedi would’ve been perfect, but he’s not that adventurous. SPJ is the opposite, he could be adventurous but it veers on gimmicky, and his construction isn’t up to par.

elevated staples
this is not what their couture/vip clients go to chanel for. Not even for the embroidered staples... They want full on wedding dressess and ball gowns for their monaco/cannes/st tropez parties. Sure they have a lot of lower clients collecting tweed jackets and skirts but thats for their rtw business. Id like to think their rtw already sell on their own but what they're losing on with all these basic collections are their couture clients. Hedi will not satisfy their couture clients which viard already lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raypinot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->