Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Gucci?

Anderson get the point is tricky but also I find that his company is a bit stagnant and although his Loewe is respected and giving Stella shows.. his aim would be to be on a higher level and maximum exposure.. kering could give him that if LVMH cannot

More exposure than what his ongoing Uniqlo collaboration has given him?

The only appeal I could see Gucci having for Johnathan is money.

Otherwise, he has everything he could possibly want at Loewe. Kering is notorious for cutting quality to raise margins, not that LVMH is so much better but it is better. I don't see him and Pinault getting along.

More exposure than what his ongoing Uniqlo collaboration has given him?

The only appeal I could see Gucci having for Johnathan is money.

Otherwise, he has everything he could possibly want at Loewe. Kering is notorious for cutting quality to raise margins, not that LVMH is so much better but it is better. I don't see him and Pinault getting along.

I think that with Loewe it’s been a while now.. it looks great and he done a fantastic job.. he’s been sitting on the bench to take Nicolas job at Vuitton…. How long can one wait being the benchwarmer.. maybe he could be leader of the kering group.. huge limelight huge press budget and fresh challenge.. yes there are negatives to a switch.. but I was only highlighting positives, I’m not kering hr lol

If MCG leaves Dior imagine the fashion merry go round of designers switching as a knock on effect

I mean you can get Gucci stuff at the local Nordstrom Rack. That's not up market. Kering will have to fix that. Someone mentioned Phoebe Philo and I can see that. I doubt her own line is laughing anytime soon.
I thought LVMH is said to be backing Phoebe with launching her fashion house

They are but it's been a year and a half since the announcement. Current status unknown but her take on Gucci would be interesting.

That would be interesting.

Both her tenures at Chloé and Céline were plays on the French woman archetypes with the playful, flirty girl at Chloé and the artsy, working woman at Céline.

I'm curious for what Italian archetype she'd gravitate towards to. The intellectual of Marni? The eccentric of Prada? The straight-woman of Armani? Maybe the belle of Valentino or the femme fatale of Versace?

That said, she would definitely have to do something different this time. The aesthetic she curated at Céline is oversaturated in every market and it seems that Kering likes their brands appearing as if they're more fashion forward than LVMH.

That would be interesting.

Both her tenures at Chloé and Céline were plays on the French woman archetypes with the playful, flirty girl at Chloé and the artsy, working woman at Céline.

I'm curious for what Italian archetype she'd gravitate towards to. The intellectual of Marni? The eccentric of Prada? The straight-woman of Armani? Maybe the belle of Valentino or the femme fatale of Versace?

That said, she would definitely have to do something different this time. The aesthetic she curated at Céline is oversaturated in every market and it seems that Kering likes their brands appearing as if they're more fashion forward than LVMH.

She didn't come back at Celine with what she did at Chloe, did she?

But I really doubt that she would find Gucci appealing.

She would hate all the business pressures and demands to grow insane profits.

She didn't come back at Celine with what she did at Chloe, did she?

But I doubt that she would find Gucci appealing.

She would hate all the business pressures and demands to grow insane profits.

Exactly, I think with the way Kering treat their brands and designers, Phoebe and Pinault guarantee to have a messy break-up from the beginning.

The way Kering wants to maximize Gucci already clashes with Phoebe's philosophy. She avoided social media and e-commerce during her entire tenure at Céline (the brand only have social media a few months before she left). She also refuses LVMH's request to do menswear and fragrance. That's why she left.

Kering's ambition for Gucci is insane. Who wants to sabotage their reputation just so the suits can hit their billions goal?

The way Kering wants to maximize Gucci already clashes with Phoebe's philosophy. She avoided social media and e-commerce during her entire tenure at Céline (the brand only have social media a few months before she left). She also refuses LVMH's request to do menswear and fragrance. That's why she left.
I congratulate her on sticking to her purist approach to fashion. Few designers have such integrity.

Exactly, I think with the way Kering treat their brands and designers, Phoebe and Pinault guarantee to have a messy break-up from the beginning.

Kering's ambition for Gucci is insane. Who wants to sabotage their reputation just so the suits can hit their billions goal?

wonder how much they can offer Philo to make her say yes?

No way Phoebe would ever take up Gucci - it's known she struggled with overwork by the tail end of her Chloé days, sure she had small children then and her kids are older now but taking on a flagship behemoth like Gucci, is a very different proposition especially with how branding/merch-heavy it is, as others have said, that's not her approach at all.

No way Phoebe would ever take up Gucci - it's known she struggled with overwork by the tail end of her Chloé days, sure she had small children then and her kids are older now but taking on a flagship behemoth like Gucci, is a very different proposition especially with how branding/merch-heavy it is, as others have said, that's not her approach at all.

And why would we want her to do Gucci?

Like, who cares about them.

I would rather see her at a brand or business that has a lot more integrity in their products.

No…
Give him Hermes (mens and womenswear) or Givenchy not Gucci.
I believe Nichanian has a lifelong contract. Haider at Givenchy 1000% yes but I doubt he'll go back to LVMH after his Berluti experiment.

No…
Give him Hermes (mens and womenswear) or Givenchy not Gucci.
I believe Nichanian has a lifelong contract. Haider at Givenchy 1000% yes but I doubt he'll go back to LVMH after his Berluti experiment.

I remember, at one point, there were plans on him succeeding Karl at Chanel, but we got Vaginal Viard.

Personally, I'd like to see him attempt to revive his own brand. He still owns the name (bought from Demeulemeester's previous owners), but is lacking funding.

I remember, at one point, there were plans on him succeeding Karl at Chanel, but we got Vaginal Viard.

Personally, I'd like to see him attempt to revive his own brand. He still owns the name (bought from Demeulemeester's previous owners), but is lacking funding.

Unfortunately for us, Haider has always been a free spirit and doing things his own way. He had this collab with Filla and in Jan he will present co-HC with JPG and voila - he has money for next few years! The only two people who get to experience his unique and exquisite, stylish and sublime style are: Tilda Swinton and that annoying twink...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->