Discussion: Who Should Be The Creative Director of Chanel?

Hedi at Chanel? I don’t know..

I imagine he’d be great at designing separates, and accessories, that’d do well at retail, but I just don’t see him as a particularly accomplished dressmaker, which I’d think would be a requirement for a brand like Chanel. He’s no Alber in that sense.

But at the very least, I can see Hedi taking the initiative to ensure that the clothes actually FIT properly on the model, which Virginia definitely failed at.

I know at this point we are all a little fed up with this (😅) but my bet from day one was Jeremy Scott.
He was a "protegé" of Karl, he showed at Moschino that he can make great couture, he has the sense of irony and humor that you need at Chanel if you don't want it to become Bernadette Chirac's wardrobe. And he could give fun interviews!

Hedi, I never saw it (although as everything turned out in the last weeks, it is very possible...)
It would be another slimanization of a well-coded house, and I consider Chanel too strong to surrender to that.

Jacquemus... he looks like a nice guy, he built a tiny empire with his talent, charms and will, but designwise feels a little underwhelming.

At this point I don't know.
Give it to Jeremy!
Or give it to Olivier Saillard.
Chanel not anymore like a competing luxury brand, but like an hors-concours museum of fashion.
Instead a designer, a curator (and an army of anonymous ultraskilled petites mains).

^ He had no other work other than Gaultier collection and still he copied, and you expect him to work on over 8 collections per year??? :rofl:

^ He had no other work other than Gaultier collection and still he copied, and you expect him to work on over 8 collections per year??? :rofl:
It’s Chanel, the blue print is easy : pastel tweeds for SS, dark grey for FW. Add black and white, sequins. Twin-sets. Jewelry
Just don’t make it frumpy, sharp the cuts, invest in real dressmaking. And edit.

I miss Karl's Chanel. The shows, the atmosphere, the videos, the clothes. I wish they would pick apart his blueprint and hire as many talented people as possible to bring it back to life. What he did never stopped working, he just did. Watching this vid to remind myself of what the brand can be :

I think that at this point with Celine's maneuver, Hedi's nomination seems obvious... I would have liked to see Piccioli though

Hedi at Chanel? I don’t know..

I imagine he’d be great at designing separates, and accessories, that’d do well at retail, but I just don’t see him as a particularly accomplished dressmaker, which I’d think would be a requirement for a brand like Chanel. He’s no Alber in that sense.

But at the very least, I can see Hedi taking the initiative to ensure that the clothes actually FIT properly on the model, which Virginia definitely failed at.
But Chanel dressmaking silhouette is quite square/H shape and simple and not so flowing and draped both historically and currently pre V and post V

I think current celine red carpet dress making is quite close to the chanel HC stiff and not to sexy curvy silhouette of Hedi celine for red carpet .

that's why i think Hedi is a good fit as like you said he is will sharpen up the silhouette while it staying classic Chanel non offensive. KL did the same he just did more Pop in the mix which most people react well to it's like Disney Chanel we all understand it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ Tkachuk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->