Does This Work? Get Fashion Feedback Here.

versace goddess this thread is more abt asking questions abt outfits you've put together yrself
somewhere to ask others opinions on different combinations etc. :flower:

thx for the feedback ms chanel and curious...:flower:

a wedding?!?...
woo!...it will be fun to put together an outfit for that...
:mrgreen:

I guess I'm the only one that likes the round toe, softie :wink: I think the rounder toe plays nicely off of the round graphic shapes in the print of the dress.

no...i'm with you Luna...
i like the pointed toe because it elongates your leg....very flattering...
but overall i prefer the round toe...

i think the design on the pointed toe shoe distracts from the pattern on the dress....which is lovely
and the round toe fits with the outfit...a little bit retro...feminine but strong...and its a good solid color so that the pattern on your dress is the highlight of the outfit....

jmo....:wink:

ROUND TOE!

agree with what adorefaith and luna said! :heart:

thanks again everyone...
seems pretty evenly divided...
you can see now why i would have trouble deciding...
they both seem to work in different ways and for different reasons...

:lol:...

Depending on what type of feel you're going for, either would look good, but my tastes tell me round toe for sure. :heart:

Both of them are adorable, but I prefer the round one (what an incredible outfit by the way :woot: :heart: )

uh oh...:unsure:
the round toe is pulling ahead of the houndstooth pump...:lol:

(thanks tiffany..:P..)

I´d say the pointy stilettos, because the round-ones have that detail that looks a bit too busy with the outfit, whereas the houndstooth looks more discreet... plus, I love the mix of pattern...

I´d probably need to have a closer look on both to decide here...

What a fun thread- I will definitely be posting here for advice :flower:

Both shoes seem lovely but with this silhouette I think I'd prefer the pointy shoes...they complement the leg & make a nice graceful line.

...I hope it’s ok to just jump in (I’m quite new here & have never posted in the 'what are you wearing' thread before)

I have this top which I love in theory, but never wear because I cannot seem to make it work...maybe it needs a better belt which I don’t have...How would you wear this, if at all? Many thanks for your advice.

bruuns-top.jpg

softgrey i like the roundtoe because of what someone else said (the roundtoe playing off the round shapes in that (amazing!!!) dress) and because the pattern on the shoe doesn't distract from the pattern on the dress...isn't the eye drawn naturally down? i think more focus on the dress than the shoe..those shoes are amazing, and so is the dress..if the dress were more subdued, or a solid color, i think the pointytoes would be best, but for this i'd go with the roundtoes.

lovely outfit by the way!

:smile:

dream i'd definitely NOT wear it pulled together...i like it the way you're wearing it, the belt works for me..i sort of like it with a scoop neck and not a v, just because i'm not the hugest fan of v's..but even WITH the v, it looks great! you could spice up the color with a contrasting belt or even a contrasting undershirt. i think a brick red would go nicely, but even with black it's still a really striking combination.

Last edited by a moderator:
nr9dream said:
...I hope it’s ok to just jump in (I’m quite new here & have never posted in the 'what are you wearing' thread before)

I have this top which I love in theory, but never wear because I cannot seem to make it work...maybe it needs a better belt which I don’t have...How would you wear this, if at all? Many thanks for your advice.

Absolutely it's okay for you to jump in :P The more the merrier!!

I think the top is great!! I agree w/ .Francesca that I wouldn't wear it closed, though (unless that's all your wearing w/ some double stick tape :D).

I like all the other 3 options you have. Ideally, a wider belt might be nice, but, until then, the one you have works. I like the brick red idea, too.

Of what you have posted, I think my favorite combo for the top would be the boatneck tee w/ the belt and the necklace :flower:

Smaller size or slight alteration?

Hi guys!

Not sure if there's a thread that already encompasses this, but please merge if so and accept my apologies :flower:

I just received this fabulous dress today :heart:

BUT, the top is slightly too large and I can't decide if I need to go down a size or if I should just have the straps shortened. I'm slightly short waisted and it fits well from the waist down, but is baggy on the top. If I get a smaller size, then the waistband will probably sit higher.

Here's a pic from the catalog so you can see what it is SUPPOSED to look like and a pic of what it's looking like on me. What do you think, smaller size or strap alteration? Thanks!!

[url="http://www.imageshack.us/"][url="http://img77.echo.cx/my.php?image=traceyreesedressfront3hc.jpg"][/url][/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->