Does This Work? Get Fashion Feedback Here.

just found this thread-so fun!!

Going back to the first page-softie, definately the round toes, and it's not just because I own the same shoes!! :lol: That other shoe just doesn't frame the dress as nicely as the postemistress shoes.

Curious, your posts are so cute! First of all, LOVE that balenciaga dress, the shape and color are superb. Is it vintage? I think you made a wise decision, generally i preferred the t-bar because they were a bit more delicate and fit in nicely with the dress. That is such a great dress because it can be dressed up or down, i'm loving it. As for the other camel combo, love the outfit but I agree, something about that particular color of the shoe doesn't quite fit, but the idea behind it is excellent. Can't wait to contribute to this thread, which I so will.

Curious said:
So, I didn't get a chance to come back for round 2 :(

I wound up nixing the silver shoes b/c I decided I bought them b/c they were the best I could find and not something I was swooning over. They're in the return pile. I went for the romantic look after all. I thought it captured the spirit of the wedding better. It was a pretty casual affair. I actually did think about the grass, Softgrey :P Most of it was deck so I was okay, but I switched to flip-flops half-way through, anyway :wink: As did most everyone for the hard-core partying :lol:

This is what I wound up wearing. I brought my black cardi shrug, but I didn't wind up needing it. Yay!! One necklace and bracelet were a gift from the bride. I layered another longer pearl necklace w/ it & I also had a beautiful white rose corsage w/ lavendar & rosemary sprigs pinned to my dress. It was so fun & beautiful and the dress was a big hit :flower:.

Had a great time!! Thanks for everyone's advice!

[url="http://www.imageshack.us/"][/url]

Nice

Thanks Soft, Meg & Luna :heart:

Meg, I'm not sure when the dress came out. It was a Yoox purchase so I'm assuming it's off season, but I don't know if that qualifies as vintage. I love it, too!! I plan to work it with a blazer as suggested at a later date :wink:

does this work???:unsure:

its a woven belt in gold... very shiny..

belt or no belt??? which is better? :huh:

Attachments

• ImageHandler.jpg
    ImageHandler.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 6
  • ImageHandler2.jpg
    ImageHandler2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 8
Maybe post a picture without the belt for comparison? Looks cool, but it seems a bit high to me. I could be crazy, though.

yeah it is high.
for some reason that belt doesnt look good when its sitting low..
at least for that top/skirt combo.
so i wasnt gonna wear the belt at all, but then i tried wearing it high..
and it looked better than having it low... so... i dunno..

can you post a pic without it and maybe one low ?
anyhow I think the outfit's cute !

alright- i cant upload pics now, but i will upload some later.. :smile:

It might look a little plain without the belt, cloud9.
I often switch the positions of the belt too if it looks weird when worn low...

You are a stylediary member? Me too :buzz:

chiangsi1980 said:
It might look a little plain without the belt, cloud9.
I often switch the positions of the belt too if it looks weird when worn low...

You are a stylediary member? Me too :buzz:

whats your SD id? is it chiangsi1980?? :shifty:
mines the same..

Nope, mine is luna :ninja:
But it is so badly neglected...I am too lazy to upload pics...gonna move my butt ..

chiangsi1980 said:
Nope, mine is luna :ninja:
But it is so badly neglected...I am too lazy to upload pics...gonna move my butt ..

haha same here. lazy lazy.
i just started uploading pics to mine.. like 2 days ago. :lol:

hahaha..I am still motivating myself to do so...
I guess I can take the pics before I rush out to work..and then upload them during office hours :ninja:

right i really need some help i know this should technically be stuck to clothes but didnt know what other thread to put it in and i supose this makes up my outfit!

i am going to be going to my summer ball on the 1st of july and figured i need to sort out how to put up my hair. its twisted from a side partening into a low bun at the back. its pretty messy but i had just washed my hair and was experimenting.

so my main question is would this hair style suit my dress!?:flower:

attachment.php
attachment.php
heres the dress and the hairstyle is attached below. and im sorry for the crap pictures but its hard to take a picture of the back of your own head!:lol: p.s. please bear in mind that it will be alot neater and not wet!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I agree, I think the hair will look fab. It's summer and even if you are going to a more dressed up event, I think it's important to have an element of casual ness or laissez-faire about the way you look

thanks guys:flower:

i was just panicing about how to do my hair and realised i could ask your opinions since your so honest and you always knows what looks right:heart:

now all i need is a bag to complete the outfit as the original one i was going to use is too small:(

ok so im back with more pictures i just wana look perfect for my ball:innocent:

is there any suggestions for stuff to add or take away any comments would be greatly appreciated:flower:

Hi Boots! What a lovely dress!!

Overall, I really like what you've done! The bag and shoes are perfect. I would move the brooch, though. It's in a slightly awkward position (kind of x marks the spot :ninja:). I think it would look better on the hip or at the V of your dress :flower:

Depending on where you position the brooch, I think you could also add a delicate necklace or bracelet if you so desired...

Have fun at your ball and make sure you get your boogie on!! :woot:

oh my gosh cowboy that looks amazing!! i would agree about the brooch..it does look a bit awkward. i like that it's sort of a harkening to victorian era, but i just seems a little bit misplaced. if it's comfortable closer to your hip bone (maybe the same side as your bun is on) that might look really, really nice.

but i absolutely adore that dress! i'm so envious that you made it yourself!

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->