Dolce & Gabbana Men's S/S 2021 Milan

I was upset when I saw all that people together. Is it even necessary? Come on!
Human arrogance and stupidity at the most unfortunate example.

Fashion show aside, I hate that I like a lot of this as the designers are problematic. I would wear some of the items if that was not the case.

I would wear some of the items .....

You're right, and some of it does look nice. Especially the beachwear and that surf suit. But...edit, edit, edit! This collection is way too long.
I don't get the distressed denim segments, who are they trying to appeal to? Jacquemus clientele? D&G menswear is better when they just stick to the classic Sicilian mafia look. The tight white vest in different iterations, dark pleated trousers, maybe some prints every now and then. Let's be honest, we are not looking at them to reinvent the wheel. They've made it clear over the past few years that it just won't happen anytime soon.

It seems that they're always doing everything they can to get backlash.

Quite pleasing to look at tbh. Too bad they're one racist statement away from being worse than Hitler...

Benn mentioned Jacquemus and I want to say that I'm sure whatever Simon decides to present tomorrow for men will no doubt look like thriftstore finds compared to this.

Had to be Dolce and Gabbana to put people on a front row during a pandemic which is sad since the collection is actually decent.

Too many looks, but that’s expected. I wouldn’t hate this as much if they followed social distancing measures.

It’s strong enough that a good look book would’ve been fine.

There are so many good looks that are getting lost. If they could have cut this down to 30-35 looks it would have had so much more impact. The overabundance of filler looks almost ruins it. Luckily what does stand out is excellent.

This was my top look. I love the jacket!

00082-DOLCE-GABBANA-MENSWEAR-SPRING-21.jpg

vogue

Had to be Dolce and Gabbana to put people on a front row during a pandemic which is sad since the collection is actually decent.

I think the people in the audience, like at Etro, were sitting distanced from one another in an open air space, with face masks on, so all compulsory regulations were respected, it's just the perspective from the photographer's end that makes them look compressed.

I thought I would never say this (I lost my hopes on these guys so long ago...) but, despite the usual lack of editing, this collections feels fresher than their usual, maybe it's the color palette or the breeziness of most looks...also I feel they have at least tried to twitch their sartorial rules a bit, nipping the jackets at the waist, creating some color-blocking effects, working on the silhouettes a bit more...this is definitely an improvement from their past work.

Also, it's kind of interesting that Jacquemus's name came up here - for once, I stand on D&G's side.
I have never, ever been a fan of his menswear, which recalls Dolce's work on many levels, the latin/mediterranean mood, the shape and fit of many pieces, the casting choices...except that Simon is a social media savvy (unlike Stefano, dear Lord...) and knows how to spin a narrative around his (poor) work.
D&G's garments, contrarily to Jacquemus, are well made and don't look as cheap (I know it's different price-points and all - but tailoring skills when you design menswear are not an option).

It looks fresh. Some things are very Jacquemus indeed but the quality is out of his league here.

People, when distanced don’t necessarily feel the need to put their masks on. D&G were responsible in the way they presented their show so no backlash is necessary.

People will be forced to show on outdoor settings for quite some time, if they decides to have an audience for their collections.

Fashion show aside, I hate that I like a lot of this as the designers are problematic. I would wear some of the items if that was not the case.
You took the words right out of my mouth. This is probably one of their best and most interesting mens collections in years. What an actual shame.

Just like some of you have pointed out, this is actually good, and there are some pieces I'd wear in a heartbeat. However, I forbid myself to ever buy a thing from this brand.

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is probably one of their best and most interesting mens collections in years. What an actual shame.

It really is an actual shame. I love mostly the tops, colours and the cut of so many items and I agree with everyone that this is so far out of Jacquemus's league. I have a muscular body and so there's only a few brands in these days that are cut with that in mind, Dolce & Gabbana being one. What a shame.

I find this collection encapsulates the old Dolce and Gabbana (swimwear, jeans looks) with their most recent collections focusing on their Italian heritage. Beautiful show and great casting, though, they need to remember that editing is key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->