Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2025 Milan

Why WWD dont make reviews of D&G...i have no idea there was a feud...anyone can explain?
No problems with WWD Japan tho, still have after show posts. Idk about the main one

The show was enjoyable to watch actually. I never watch fashion show videos in full nowadays because I can't stand the duty-free music they put over the show. I'm just happy the original music was included.

I guess démodé is the best description but somehow they got me into their threads again. So thats a weird win. I suppose they are back on the radar from a broader perspective so congrats with this snoozefest.

It was too gimmicky: A Night of 1000 Madonnas. But I think this went well beyond homage; it felt like bald-faced plagiarism as so many of the looks were taken from Madonna’s iconic collaboration with Jean Paul Gaultier in 1989-1990. And even if one was fine with the Madonna cosplay concept, why couldn’t they get out of the Blond Ambition period? (There were a few white lace pieces referencing “Like a Virgin” and one dress that copied the bodysuit from the “Open Your Heart” video.) Strangest of all, Dolce & Gabbana made no references to their costumes for Madonna’s 1993 tour, The Girlie Show, which brought the designers into the mainstream just as Blonde Ambition had done with Gaultier.

I have to think these looks are largely for the runway only because I can’t imagine there are many women willing to walk around with décolletage resembling a pair of storks’ bills. Otherwise, with each new season, it’s getting harder and harder to distinguish Dolce & Gabbana from Agent Provocateur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsivi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->