Don't waste your money on...

Originally posted by HBoogie@Mar 30th, 2003 - 10:03 pm
rimmel, covergirl, maybelline eyeshadows
jergens shave minimizing lotion (I found it to be moisture minimizing)
any drugstore nail polish with extra chunky glitter or tinsel (unless you don't mind sandpapering it off your nails)
urban decay glittery eyeshadows (the colors are lovely, but they are just too gritty)
rusk wired styling cream (flakes terribly and stinks like fish)
anything from revlon streetwear line
kusco-murphy rockstr hair (I cannot deal with the overwhelming patchouli scent)
tresemme shampoo (worst shampoo ever)
I agree with the rimmel/cg/maybelline

I however do not agree with Urban Decay! I love them!!

Also, acetone will take the super glittery nailpolish right off :D

Originally posted by HBoogie@Dec 28th, 2003 - 11:01 am

make that Hard Candy eyeshadows...for some reason, I thought I had Urban Decay ones, until I took a closer look at the container the other day :wacko:
Oh, I just read that... hahaha

I KNEW you weren't talking about UD!

No way in hell UD's are gritty. They are so soft and heavily pigmented and.... *melt* !

I totally agree with Hard Candy, though!

Originally posted by cat@Dec 13th, 2002 - 8:00 pm
dont waste ur money on harsh eyemakeup removers....they damage the skin around ur eyes and stings ur eyes...when u couldve juse use J&J baby oil...it takes off the makeup super easy and its so cheap :D
good morning, baby shampo is great to use on colored hair and ie a great eye makeup & face makeup remover, no oil and if it should get in your eyes NO TEARS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: NANA

Originally posted by stoobuttgirl@Jul 10th, 2002 - 3:55 pm
Ooh I got another one.

Almay make up remover pads in the jar.

Just say no.

Sure it gets the make up off, but how do you get the remover off? It was so oily!

-holly

LOL, 10000% agree! it's HORRIBILUS! it's so bad, and i still had oily eyelids the NEXT DAY!
Buy the jar that has the nonoily pads. I do, and there is no residue left on my eyes. The oily ones, however, are a different story. Skip Zaparella Boo Boo Zap from Benefit - it's supposed to make your "imprefections" look less red, but it doesn't do jack. And, I have to say, I am dissapointed in Lancome Juicy tubes- they are sticky and don't last for more than 5 seconds.

i was about to buy a juicy tube today to try them. Actually they won best gloss in a magazine not long ago here in Sweden :lol:

anyway... here is my list

nivea sun - caring self tan spray.. one word: YELLOW!! Doesn't matter how I use it. I've I used little, mixed with lotion... doesn't work... and spray? come one.... it was a gift so I'm glad it wasn't my money who paid for this piece of.... :angry:

every hair product from John Frieda. my hair hate it, doesn't work at all. the purole funky chunky (what a name!) product is the worst. it just makes your hair greasy.

Nivea all day aqua - it suppose to moisture your skin.. didn't help me at all. It smells, looks, and feels good but doesn't do its work

Nouba eyeshadows - the colors are very tricky as they have very metallic shimmer in them.

The products I did not like:
~St. Ives Apricot Scrub: I know some people like this, but it wasn't gentle enough for me

I agree, St Eves scrub is probably the worst facial product in my opinion. It removes TOO MUCH of your dead skin sells. The product is almost ALL grain. It took me almost 6 months to get my regular skin back after using this product.

Originally posted by HollySaysYes@Jun 25th, 2002 - 2:42 pm
Don't buy Wet n Wild's dual pencil sharpener.
Don't buy Wet N Wild ANYTHING. Ok their nailpolish is perfectly fine, but MAKEUP?! Doonnn't gooo there! :angry:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Jan 16th, 2003 - 2:34 am
It's not THAT hard, LolitaLuxe, but it does take practice. Definitely get the Secret Camouflage brush -- I think that makes a big difference because of its shape. You can make it very pointy or broader as you wish. I also think it looks more finished with the loose powder but that depends on how much coverage you need. I have rosacea so I need a lot!

i was going to get it.but they didnt have the brush..THEN they didnt have the right color :roll: thanks for the advice! im going to get it. :smile: its just using 2 colors...that threw me off....i can do it :lol:
i do hope you and tealady are enjoying sc i love it, also MAC liquid eye liner and eye shadows, i know this is late but just wondering how you are doing.

I'm still a Secret Camouflage fan, NANA. I don't wear it everyday but when I want a flawless face it's still my first choice.

Hi! Thank you for such a great topic!

hmm....
i've used Mach3 before.. but i'm such a klutz that i cut myself every bloody where
.. thus, i ADORE Venus!!

things to avoid:
* Neutrogena - anything - i'm sure it's a great brand, but for me, nothing's worked.. or, i've broken out, and i don't break out easily
* If you've got dark skin, i'd watch out for anything with Retinol. This stuff made me get dark patches on my skin... even if i wore sunscreen. Ditto for: Hydroquinone.
* Nivea Creme - in a huge tub... sticky sticky and white like Zinc ointment or something.. yet.. didn't even moisturize
* Revlon mascaras - for some reason make my eyelashes brittle, or just go wrong. i LOVE Lancome (Definicils or Flextencils), and in a financial pinch i'll use L'oreal's Lash Out. i've been wanting to try Maybelline's Great Lash.. any hints out there?
* Revlon Skinlights: combo/lipgloss/foundation - ugh! the combo is rather chalky, ditto for the foundation and the lipgloss is gloppy not-in-a-nice-way. i've just tried Rimmel's vinyl lip gloss, and although it is sticky, it's lovely.
* Revlon lipsticks - haven't tried them in a couple of years.. but they smell and taste yucky
* i'm not totally dissing Revlon.. i like their powder cream foundation... good stuff!
* those silly shower poufs.. how do you scrub anything? i like the harsher cloths eg. from the Body Shop. Ditto in the negative re: those hand-shaped scrub cloths - if you wear them on your right hand.. how do you get to scrub your right pit hmm?
* Body Shop makeup.. just... wrong!
* MAC foundation/lipstick: totally allergic to them. Maybe b/c they have sunscreen.

i'm adding this.. stuff to rave about:
*okay.. you know i'm gonna say it: Venus baby - Venus!! my hubs even likes it more than Mach 3 - and he uses Venus on his face!!
* Dove Body Wash - Unscented - it's great for EVERY part of your body (ahem) and fantastic for shaving!! it moisturizes more than the 'dry skin' version. Hubs likes this too for shaving his face.
* someone didn't like this, but i LOVE Olay's foundation stick.. b/c i have really really dry skin, and i'm dark skinned.. and this is the only foundation that goes perfectly with my skin.
* eye-make-up remover: L'Occitane Blueberry Flower Water (WITH Sorbitol.. the one without Sorbitol won't take it off).
* if you've got super duper dry skin, that's sensitive.. try 100% pure Shea Butter.. you just need a teeny piece.. about the size of your fingernail... emulsify it thoroughly between your palms and rub it into your facial skin.. wonderful wonderful stuff.. super healthy and natural sunscreen too. if you apply too much though, you'll be all greasy.
* KMS Paste, Paul Mitchelll Dry Wax - these are great products if you've got short hair and you want chunky funky stylin.
* for awfully dry skin on the body, i've used 100% Glycerin (vegetable deritive is and works better) but you can get the regular stuff from the First Aid aisle of your drug store. Just use about 1tsp and rub it all over your legs to start. It'll feel rather sticky/greasy at first, but then it seeps right into your skin, and keeps it moisturized all day. It'll also suck the moisture out of the air into your skin. Not recommend for summer.

tirrah!

Originally posted by gruveechik@Feb 9th, 2004 - 1:55 pm
i've been wanting to try Maybelline's Great Lash.. any hints out there?
DON'T DO IT. :lol:

If you look earlier in the thread, you'll see a bunch of us discuss how much we hate it.

Originally posted by cityandcountry@Oct 22nd, 2002 - 12:52 pm
Do not buy list:
Kiehls shampoo and conditioner
Kiehls light eye cream
what was wrong with them? what kind did you get?

thanks for the tip about Great Lash
*whew* saved me a wee bit of dosh....
i was THAT close to buying!
i found the thread in the end about it....
why oh why does it always get such rave reviews
or the 'most used by makeup professionals' bla bla bla?!?!
their pockets must be getting lined! :blink:

I second the anti-great lash campaign! It's all about loreal double extend!! I got that after I finished this double sided one from japan by a brand called surefit ( from shiseido) and its ALMOST as good.

things to avoid:
osmotics triceram- it is suppose to be ultra moisturizing and "healing" ( over $30 a tube!) but it just makes you hot and sticky and itchy!
benefit lipglosses- they just taste FUNKY
i havent tried it but i've heard from more than one person that Dove shampoos and conditioners are whack, I like pantene smooth and sleek.

if you are really pale like me, I've learned to just avoid self tanners altogether. I've tried coppertone to neutrogena to clarins which is suppose to be the best and... it just didn't look right. :cry:

things to get:
l'occitane hand cream!!!! the best.
mac eyeshadows/brushes (not all of them though)
eucerin lotion
oil of olay
ponds cold cream as eye makeup remover

hopes this helps!

Clinique foundation....
used it and broke out the very next day

and also Elizabeth Arden foundation. VERY OILY STUFF

Originally posted by stoobuttgirl@Jul 10th, 2002 - 3:55 pm
Ooh I got another one.

Almay make up remover pads in the jar.

Just say no.

Sure it gets the make up off, but how do you get the remover off? It was so oily!

-holly

LOL, 10000% agree! it's HORRIBILUS! it's so bad, and i still had oily eyelids the NEXT DAY!
i'm also with you on the almay eye remover pads :angry:

if u want shimmery legs use nivea dry skin lotion with almond oil. DONT USE ESTEE LAUDER i had wrinkles from that crap :angry:

Originally posted by whereisthatsusu@Feb 15th, 2004 - 2:25 am
Clinique foundation....
used it and broke out the very next day

and also Elizabeth Arden foundation. VERY OILY STUFF
Anything Clinique that you put on your face makes me break out. Especially their "oil free" :rolleyes: moisturizer.

hi all, i'm still sticking to BABY SHAMPO, to remove make-up espically eye make-up :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->