Dries & Marc go Milan for S/S 07.08 *update* Marc cancels

I really don't like the idea of Dries going to Milan. Paris is really where he, and all of the good shows should go (YSL, Dior, Lanvin) and Milan is where the mediocre-to-bad shows should go (Cavalli, D&G, Dsquared, Valentino).

although i very much prefer them, i wouldnt say paris are the good ones, milan are the bad ones... there's just this sort of division where each city is generally speaking considered to show certain kind of collections, for different kinds of audiences...

Paris:classy, "chic", severe, timeless, all time houses

Milan: sexy, trendy, 20years career designers

NY: fresh, wannabeS, really young designers

London: i wouldnt dare to define it... i find it "peculiar", indi, underground... but probably many people disagree with my opinion

(ALL THESE ARE BASED ON MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS OR THOUGHTS I'VE SHARED WITH OTHER PEOPLE. THERE ARE MANY EXCEPTIONS, FEW BAD APPLES EVERYWHERE, ETC. i would like not to start a serie of nonsense posts saying "de la renta isn't young", or "Emporio armani is not underground" ...:flower:)

Marc Jacobs calling off men's Milan show

Today's DNR reported that Marc Jacobs Collection will NOT be shown in Milan as previously planned.

According to Duffy it was becuase a "suitable location could not be found" and a MJ spokesperson said that the time in rehab was "not at all" a factor in deciding this change.

It will be shown as usual by appointment in a showroom.

Today's DNR reported that Marc Jacobs Collection will NOT be shown in Milan as previously planned.

According to Duffy it was becuase a "suitable location could not be found" and a MJ spokesperson said that the time in rehab was "not at all" a factor in deciding this change.

V. Interesting. Wonder if pics will be available on the net at all.

How so?
may i ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->