Edie Sedgwick #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I think it's apparent this woman has issues, so I can't see how any person with an ounce of sense would listen and take seriously what she is saying. It is sad that people are given a platform to say such ridiculous things.

I agree. I had seriously thought that she was in her late teens, early twenties, but no, she's almost a 30 year old woman.

Lupe, that girl sounds ********. She went to Silver Hill because Edie went there but she's not trying to actually be Edie!

I think Factory Girl was awful not because of Sienna Miller or Guy Pearce but because the script was terrible and they just went about it in the wrong way. I think with all the material on Edie they should have done a much better job. They paid way to much attention to Bob Dylan as if he was the most significant person in Edie's life.

I agree: Factory Girl focused waaay too much on the Bob Dylan part of her life and not nearly enough on the rest, considering the title! And I'd've liked to see some of her LA life explored, or the making of Ciao. That would be fascinating.

Boomer
...introduced Edie to a whole new group of people who may have never heard of her

I did this by teaching the biography (twice now). :D Most of the students had never heard of her, but most of them were, not surprisingly, fascinated. After reading, many of them sought out images and videos of Edie on youtube to see the "real" person and try to understand her mercurial appeal.

(I know some of you wouldn't agree with me when I said she would have been an amazing Edie :P)

I can see it actually; Molly has a face that moves, like Edie does; her face is alive, if you know what I mean - not frozen-pretty. Molly also has round, dark eyes and a smile that lights up her face. At the right size, with the right hair and the right styling, I think she might've pulled it off!

But I really think a combination of Rachel Bilson (eyes) and Jennifer Garner (smile) would make the best Edie actress. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Wow, that course sounds amazing! I have a couple of Edie posters up and everyone says 'Who is this'?? Hard to explain- especially since you can't really point to her body of work or whatever...there was just some magic about her- now frozen in time, dancing in black tights and a mini-dress... :flower:

Randomly found this on a website in Iran. Her arm is covered because it's considered obscene.

aPVQH.png

Such a girl of the moment! I use to draw her portraits in art school. Love her look so much!

More pictures from the bunny/Catherine Deneuve photos. Photographed by Jean Jacques Bugat.

cFR3M.jpg
LkHrM.jpg

will update if I find a bigger version & without watermark

catalogue.drouot.com
artvalue.com
radziwill.fr

Another still from Face (1965)

filmpreservation.org

Is the other girl in the group bunny photo Anita Pallenberg? I know that she spent time with the Warhol crowd in New York pre-Stones. If it's not her, the resemblance is uncanny!

amazing babydoll! thanks for the great find. I went ahead and removed the watermark :P

I hadn't seen the whole set before, so I thought I'd share!Her legs go on forever!

tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o9_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o2_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o3_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o6_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o4_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o5_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o8_500.jpg
tumblr_m8b8a0q8QS1qg8r34o7_500.jpg

whataboutbobbed.tumblr

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I loooooove those pictures. They all look incredibly cool and Edie looks so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"