Elie Saab Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

These are some of the most stunning and elegant
gowns I've ever seen! As a whole, this collection is
probably my favorite so far. It's not as shocking as
Dior's, but it's certainly breathtaking in its own way.
Elie Saab has definetly become one of my favorite
desginers.

Stunning collection!!! Couldnt expect less from him.

absolutely gorgeous details. beautiful, sensual, feminine gowns. it's all just so ... sumptuous. haha.

and i DIE with joy at seeing KK back on a haute couture runway.

plus -- look at the back of the final red gown. awesome!

*gettyimages*

The amount of detailing that goes into his couture collections never fails to make me "oooooh" and "aaaaah". XDDD

Amazing collection, very elegant. Karolina looked stunning in that red dress. :heart:

There is no denying he has the ability to make beautiful dresses but his designs are all repeated I feel like i've seen it all before a million times before & sometimes I even feel like he rips off other designers ideas...the draped dresses for example Donna Karan has been making them forever and his look identical to hers...

Original? Not exactly. Exquisite?! YES!!! I don't care how over the top that wedding dress is and that I really want a tiny casual beach wedding...I WANT THAT DRESS! AND THE VEIL!
Beautiful!

There is no denying he has the ability to make beautiful dresses but his designs are all repeated I feel like i've seen it all before a million times before & sometimes I even feel like he rips off other designers ideas...the draped dresses for example Donna Karan has been making them forever and his look identical to hers...

i always think about elie saab and i believe that he is the only fashion house that PROFITS from haute couture very well. yes, his ready to wear is nice but Haute Couture is what bring in the money....as for riping off other designer i dont think its fair because 1. everything has been done before and 2. he has been doing these kind of elegant dresses before donna karan!!!

I just love Saab's collections. I mean they're never on trend and they always make the models look beautiful, luxurious, decadent, and fabulous. The clothes themselves seem mature but I could see a fresh youthful girl wearing something in here and looking fabulous as well. Overall, it's a gorgeous collection. Not as stunning as last seasons, which i'm still lusting over, but it's still very gorgeous.

To quote all the random people in nearly every other couture thread, "this isn't couture". :innocent:

The problem with lebanese designers ,is that they make gorgeous gowns but there is no art or substance to them , they are just expensive prom or evening gowns to me. This is NOT couture. I only saw 3 pure couture collections , JPG , Givenchy and Dior .

Has anyone else noticed that every season Elie Saab's review on Style.com by Tim Blanks always has a slightly negative twinge to it? I get the impression he doesn't like this line :blink::blink:

I for one think it is rather goood:P

The problem with lebanese designers ,is that they make gorgeous gowns but there is no art or substance to them , they are just expensive prom or evening gowns to me. This is NOT couture. I only saw 3 pure couture collections , JPG , Givenchy and Dior .

I'm not sure if this is up to you to decide. It's very easy to dismiss collections as "non couture" but you have to take many things into consideration. Haute Couture is changing. It's becoming more and more client focussed. What makes a fashion house famous/its heritage is what designers are starting to focus on when it comes to Haute Couture. The luxury fashion industry has undergone a MAJOR economic crisis and is still recovering from it. If ANYTHING guarantees good steady sales, it's the Haute Couture clients who have been clients to that particular designer for years. This private customer wouldn't be coming back if the designer's quality was deteriorating. You may not know this but THOUSANDS of hours are put into any one of those garments. I for one have been lucky enough to meet Elie Saab and see his atelier and I can tell you now, the amount of effort that goes into his Haute Couture garments is insane. Elie Saab maintains one of the BEST reputations in the fashion industry because it's this type of Haute Couture (and yes this IS couture) that keeps his clients happy.

It's the EXACT same thing with Chanel. I can't stand the image that Karl sells. I find his aesthetic loathsome and utterly unoriginal, but it's what Chanel IS. Karl does what Chanel is famous for - high quality custom made garments for private clients.

Christian Dior is a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this, it is so beautiful and there are so many gorgeous details :heart:

Saab's aesthetic never really grabs my attention but I don't think it can be dismissed as not being couture. There's craft here, there's attention to detail, there's beauty. To me much of his work is pretty but unexciting, but it is couture

Has anyone else noticed that every season Elie Saab's review on Style.com by Tim Blanks always has a slightly negative twinge to it? I get the impression he doesn't like this line :blink::blink:

I for one think it is rather goood:P

style.com and CONDE NEST always are negative to any designer that can puts ads in there magazine and doesnt. Elie Saab has a AD campaign with kK and once they are in vogue, things will change!!!

I'm not sure if this is up to you to decide. It's very easy to dismiss collections as "non couture" but you have to take many things into consideration. Haute Couture is changing. It's becoming more and more client focussed. What makes a fashion house famous/its heritage is what designers are starting to focus on when it comes to Haute Couture. The luxury fashion industry has undergone a MAJOR economic crisis and is still recovering from it. If ANYTHING guarantees good steady sales, it's the Haute Couture clients who have been clients to that particular designer for years. This private customer wouldn't be coming back if the designer's quality was deteriorating. You may not know this but THOUSANDS of hours are put into any one of those garments. I for one have been lucky enough to meet Elie Saab and see his atelier and I can tell you now, the amount of effort that goes into his Haute Couture garments is insane. Elie Saab maintains one of the BEST reputations in the fashion industry because it's this type of Haute Couture (and yes this IS couture) that keeps his clients happy.

It's the EXACT same thing with Chanel. I can't stand the image that Karl sells. I find his aesthetic loathsome and utterly unoriginal, but it's what Chanel IS. Karl does what Chanel is famous for - high quality custom made garments for private clients.

Christian Dior is a different story.

I agree, also we cant judge couture from style.com its just a small picture. and yes, couture is based on what clients want. Its a business.

There's a misconception that clothes have to be avant garde, groundbreaking and overtly theatrical in order to qualify as Haute Couture. It's wrong, that's not what Haute Couture is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->