Valentino F/W 10.11 Paris

^^ i wouldn't say you can judge the whole collection by the look of a shoe really (if that was the case, then Chanel and it's ridiculous "quirky" "ironic" shoes would probably be the equivalent to Club Monaco or something).
if this is the look they have decided on, they should at least be given a chance to work on it and see what they come up with.
as you say, this is already not as horrid as prefall, which ain't such a big challenge anyway, but the thing is it shows some forward movement.
let's not forget they are the ones who shamelessly presented a first collection based solely on archive work.
they've been tumbling a bit for a year, but this looks rather in line with their couture and the leather-lace trick they tried to pull off.
there are many things much (MUCH) better executed in this thread than this poor ballerine.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ i wouldn't say you can judge the whole collection by the look of a shoe really (if that was the case, then Chanel and it's ridiculous "quirky" "ironic" shoes would probably be the equivalent to Club Monaco or something).
if this is the look they have decided on, they should at least be given a chance to work on it and see what they come up with.
as you say, this is already not as horrid as prefall, which ain't such a big challenge anyway, but the thing is it shows some forward movement.
let's not forget they are the ones who shamelessly presented a first collection based solely on archive work.
they've been tumbling a bit for a year, but this looks rather in line with their couture and the leather-lace trick they tried to pull off.
there are many things much (MUCH) better executed in this thread than this poor ballerine.

oh, it wasn't just the shoes. for me, i should say, the shoes in spring/summer 2010 actually stood as one of the must haves from the collection. they also managed to make a lot of the outerwear and separates work. they went in a darker direction, but they made it work. in this collection, NOT EVEN the shoes work is what i was trying to say. the rest of the stuff was negligible, but, i mean, how easy is it to give us an iconic shoe or bag? it is VALENTINO we're talking about here.

The more I look at their stuff, the uglier it becomes (it's the opposite with Riccardo Tisci). This is all too reminiscent of last season for me with all the d*mn ruffles, but with darker colors. For another house, maybe, but I really don't think they understand the spirit of the house. This is too young, girly-girly and easy-and-loose for Valentino :yuk:

well, i guess they are back to doing the typical valentino labia ruffles. the couture show wasn't great, but at least it tried. this lacks effort.

It's tough, their aesthetic doesn't match the image of Valentino.
But honestly, you've got to give new designers a few seasons to refine their direction concerning their new image for Valentino.

This collection was good, much better than their couture. I think they really ought to tighten up their color pallet, it's a bit too all over the place...

some of the ruffles do seem overworked. but i'm still "upset" over the couture show. awful!

^^i very much preferred Tom Ford's obvious use of "those" ruffles B)
valentino and labia don't quite match, i think.

^Valentino and this collection don't quite match. I think Alessandra did a much better job than this...:rolleyes:

^Valentino and this collection don't quite match. I think Alessandra did a much better job than this...:rolleyes:

oh don't get me wrong, anything Alessandra did :smile:cry:smile: will alway be better and "more valentino" that whatever this couple does...
she was more valentino than valentino
(valentino was rather cheesy, and too tanned hmm!! -_-)

i guess i'm just done lamenting her loss, and i'd rather find a bit of joy in this after the hot mess they've been coming up with in the past few seasons!!

Valentino Fall Winter 2010-2011 Women RTW Full Runway Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->