Ellen von Unwerth - Photographer

^oooh!! I really didn't know that she has taken those pics too. Seems like her style for example #301 and #306 are very diffirent than her style nowadays.

^ I love her style nowadays much more!
Unique style that segregates her from other photographers.

Ashton Kutcher - Ellen von Unwerth photoshoot - Interview, 2005 (11xLQ+4xMQ)

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria Tibblin
Self Service Fall/Winter 2007
Styled by Beth Fenton

my scans

Self Service Fall/Winter 2007
Ellen von Unwerth, photographed by Michael Zirn in 1985

my scan

VOGUE ITALIA JANUARY 1991
models: Cindy Crawford & Tatjana Patitz

my scans

FABULOUS DRESSING

Vogue Italia

September 1995

ph. Ellen von Unwerth

models: Annie Morton and ???

(scanned by me)

are you serious? :shock: have you heard about Helmut Newton? :huh:

Her older work for example, the Vogue Italia editorial from 1991 reminds me a lot of Helmut Newton's work...

But I think what alix* meant is that, today, her work is much more recognizable.

Ellen often plays with the Fetish/Lolita theme (Hayden Panettiere & Evan Rachel Wood) and chooses well-known personalities that can almost automatically make her photos look tacky.

Her older work for example, the Vogue Italia editorial from 1991 reminds me a lot of Helmut Newton's work...

But I think what alix* meant is that, today, her work is much more recognizable.

Ellen often plays with the Fetish/Lolita theme (Hayden Panettiere & Evan Rachel Wood) and chooses well-known personalities that can almost automatically make her photos look tacky.

during all the 90's and 00's she has stolen the ideas of Helmut Newton, it's not inspiration, it's a total rip-off, even the last picture posted of Hayden Panettiere is very Newtonesque.

When I saw this editorial with Kirsty Hume and Georgina Grenville I said "Helmut Newton did it again" but then I read "photographed by Ellen Von Unwerth" how unoriginal! she can't deny her lack of self-ideas.

Attachments

• grenville010.jpg
    grenville010.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 20
  • grenville011.jpg
    grenville011.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members