Estee Lauder Makeup, Skincare and other products

melfreya

Reaction score
There are many different threads for Estee Lauder on specific products and campaigns but not one general, like the MAC one. I hope that an administrator can merge the 1-2 threads that talk about a specific product into this one, that hopefully will discuss all different products from the line.
Anyway, what do I love about Estee Lauder? The quickest answer would be what I don't, which are a few things like: the prices, the overbearing ladies in the counter (there are exceptions ofcourse) who try to make you buy 4 more products on top of what you originally went for and the fact that they don't make all their shades available to all countries..just because we live in a hotter climate doesn't mean we all have olive skin and beyond!:angry:
What I do love though surely surpasses the bad: the unbelievable formulations of the Double Wear foundations and eye pencils, the Idealist and Night Repair serums, their perfumes (oh, Bronze Goddess and Pleasures :crush:), their packaging, their always very chic campaigns and last but not least their amazing spokesmodels like Paulina Porizkova, Carolyn Murphy and Hilary Rhoda..ooh I love everything!:heart:
My top products are:
the Double Wear foundation, in liquid form in the winter and in the powder foundation form in the summer
the Double Wear eye pencils - Bronze is my staple!
Projectionist mascara and the light shimmer bronzer
and the Daywear Plus tinted moisturizer

What are your opinions about the brand and which products do you love (or hate? :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never owned anything by Estee Lauder, I always thought of it as a kind of middle aged housewife-brand...but since I've seen the Pixiwoo girls use their products over and over again (esp the Stay In Place cream eyeshadows) I've changed my mind! Of course the cream eyeshadows aren't available in Denmark, that goes without saying...:rofl: And the Daywear Plus tinted moisturizer seems to be very popular too!

We have the exact experience Ida!! Pixiwoo turned me to this brand too!! My mom uses their products and I was always, well, it's not for me then!:D But the Pixiwoo sisters made me a believer!

middle aged housewife-brand
:rofl:

I have their spiced peach eyeshadow palette.
ccfe439a95f7.jpg

milimall

and the daywear plus moisturizer.

both are great products. I think I'll get their turbolash mascara

I've always wanted this blush because it's so pretty :heart: But it's not available in DK any more :angry: The shade is called Peach Nuance.

peachnuance.jpg

esteelauder.com

I really want to try out some of their stuff. Their blush and lipstick colour selection seem so pretty and flattering!

I have this blush- it is indeed amazing. I swirl the brush all over for one allover healthy look and then I highlight the top of the cheeks with the lighter yellowish end ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
^Aaawwww! I want both Peach Nuance and Rose Nuance, so pretty :heart: Lucky you!

I've always LOVED the Splash Away Facial Cleanser (it has a different name lately), it's so foamy and smells great!!! I always keep a tube somewhere, although I don't use it daily anymore (I've been trying to use less 'chemical' brands for a while).

Also, the lipsticks are so rich in texture and smell yummy!

And one my favorite summer scents, Bronze Goddess Luminous Body Lotion!

I have a thing for tinted moisturizers, I've tried too many, the Daywear Plus tinted moisturizer was just ok I guess.

Behind the scenes of Vogue Paris September 2010 beauty editorial "Paris dans la peau"
Estée Lauder makeup creative director Tom Pecheux

Photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Styling Carine Roitfeld
Model Constance Jablonski

I have this blush- it is indeed amazing. I swirl the brush all over for one allover healthy look and then I highlight the top of the cheeks with the lighter yellowish end ^_^

I have this blush too and it's so beautiful :heart: I wear it over my Stila Convertible Colour Creme Blush in Gerbera ^_^

^belowen you must be quite the master! I never could do liquid under powder :( the opposite I can do sometimes, just highlighting or make a blush more vivid with cheek cremes and stains :flower:

I used the Double Wear liquid foundation for a while (it ran out recently) and it was amazing. But a few months ago it started making my face look really dry. I'll probably try it again in a few months but now I'm using Clinique's Repairwear.

I've just started using their Time Zone moisturiser (I got a decent sized sample) and I'm finding it very good!

^belowen you must be quite the master! I never could do liquid under powder :( the opposite I can do sometimes, just highlighting or make a blush more vivid with cheek cremes and stains :flower:

I'm not really! I use the Beauty Blender to blend a little bit of creme blush on my cheeks over my foundation, set it all with loose powder and then brush a little of the powder blush along my cheekbones and VOILA ^_^:heart:

So this is about skincare also, alright? The pixie2woo girl got me wondering also...

I actually want to try out the Advanced Night Repair serum so badly... well, and the Idealist serum, but as I'm really tight on money these days, I can only buy one, if anything at all :cry:

I used to have dry, sensitive skin which now has gotten even worse... I have more breakouts than I had all through puberty (it's stress relate with me I guess, I had various flare-ups during the last years), plus major redness around my nose (that, on the other hand has pretty much always been there!). At the same time I start getting dryness wrinkles, it's ridiculous. And I'm only 25 years old... *sigh*

So I really should step up my skincare I guess.

I'd seriously recommend both but since it's still summer I would go for the Idealist right now. Night Repair can only be used at night and it's kinda heavy for hot weather. Idealist really improved my oily skin and it helped with controlling breakouts, but since your skin is very different I would suggest you visit the site first to see what products they match you with. I wouldn't suggest going straight to the counters because they will probably swarm you with products you "really need" and "only work with each other" :D

I've tried the double wear and the light one, for the first time was amazing, the skin face was fantastic, but after a week, my skin bacame rough and dry.... I change to another mark. But still, if there is Soirée speciale, I used it again cause a long lasting result.

I'd seriously recommend both but since it's still summer I would go for the Idealist right now. Night Repair can only be used at night and it's kinda heavy for hot weather. Idealist really improved my oily skin and it helped with controlling breakouts, but since your skin is very different I would suggest you visit the site first to see what products they match you with. I wouldn't suggest going straight to the counters because they will probably swarm you with products you "really need" and "only work with each other" :D

Thanks for the input! I will definately check out their other products first, I'm also interested in their Idealist peeling...

The summer around here has left much to be desired, so it's not really hot anymore (I'm lucky if I can go out without a jacket!), so this should not be an issue. Throughout the day, something lighter would indeed make more sense...

And it's definately an advantage to have a large drugstore chain around here which carries "high-end cosmetics" AND where products are kept on normal boards - they do have SAs swarming, but so far I have always been very good at dodging them :lol: Almost no regular counters there!

I REALLY want the Daywear Plus tinted moisturizer! And of course all the products that aren't available in DK, such as the ombre blushes and the creme eye shadows :doh:

I had always classed Estee Lauder as a 'Mum Brand', mainly because my Mum totally swears by it. I had never used any of their products until I got some skincare samples and I really love the 'Idealist' serum. It has a lovely fresh 'grapefruity' smell and lots cheaper than my Lancome Genefique. It has given me something to think about and will also have a look at their make-up too.

I finally got around to get the Advanced Night Repair Serum... have been using it for about ten days now. I like it so far. It has been the only prduct so far that has helped reduce the redness around my nose (which has been there since I was 12 or so). I don't break out less per se, but it does help your skin heal faster/blemishes aren't as noticeable when they occur. Oh, and I think the pores on my nose have gotten smaller/less noticeable, too.

I also think it helps with fine lines, but I might have to face that I will need more preventive measures for that :ninja: I think most of my "wrinkles" come from dryness anyway, I'm already using daily spf.

Overall, I like it. My skin looks a lot more even than before for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->