Skincare products you recommend

Can anyone recommend a good lemon or bergamot scented body lotion? :flower:

Mina_KF said:
illuminated with a product.
I dont want it to look like my skin is oily or something, I want it to look like porcelain. Not oily just very shiny- Do I make any sence???:doh:

MAC has some new illuminators as part of the Icon- Raquel Welch line that are nice.

I absolutely LOVE my YSL Hydra Feel moisturizer!! Its made my skin so great, so soft, so clear.

I'm a skincare snob. I would never ever use a bar soap on my face, or St. Ives Apricot Scrub. That has rough edges of apricot that are actually cutting your skin and will in the long run leave marks on your face. AND using something with the word 'scrub' in it just makes me shiver.

For cleansing I like La Prairie's Foam Cleanser before shaving. Natura Bisse's Sensitive Cleansing Cream on nights or mornings where I have shaved and want something more soothing.

I tone with Clarins Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion. I recommend all of La Prairie's toners too.

I exfoliate with Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Refiner or if I want something more intense, I use La Prairie's Cellular Microdermabrasion Cream.

Serums/treatments I use are Natura Bisse's Glyco Peel (25 or 50% glycolic acid), La Prairie's Retexturizing Booster, and Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate.

For day I love clarins multi-active day cream for all skin types, also La Prairie's Cellular Nurturing Cream and Biologique Recherche's Creme Verte Espoir.

For evening I use La Prairie's Luxe Caviar Cream or Revive's Moisturizing Renewal Cream.

I have yet to find an eye cream I'm in love with though.

For sunscreen I use Natura Bisse's $115 sunscreen. I forget the name, but it is so fabulous.

Any of these...pictures either from Sephora, Aveda, bath and body works or Ebay

^that frederick Fekkai olive oil glossing cream is genious!!

Mina_KF: check out the beauty powders from mac as Ianastar said. They're wonderful for that porcelain look.

Eostre: My fave lemon/bergamot fragrance is from L'Occitane, It also has verbena and its beautiful.

im 15 if i start using la mer is it bad for my young skin as i am aware its for older women like my mom-my mom gave it to me cause i have super dry skin..

madem0iselle said:
im 15 if i start using la mer is it bad for my young skin as i am aware its for older women like my mom-my mom gave it to me cause i have super dry skin..
la mer is sh*t. it has mineral oil in it. use la prairie.

Alejandro said:
Eostre: My fave lemon/bergamot fragrance is from L'Occitane, It also has verbena and its beautiful.

Thanks! :flower: I´ve been looking for one for ages.

is mineral oil bad for the skin?
isnt la prarie more for older women as well? =S
i thot la mer was like a 'healing cream'

madem0iselle said:
is mineral oil bad for the skin?
yes.
madem0iselle said:
isnt la prarie more for older women as well? =S
No. i am 24 and male, and i have beautiful skin. all ages can benefit. that would be like saying cocoa butter is only for black people.
madem0iselle said:
i thot la mer was like a 'healing cream'
its disgusting. sits on surface, doesnt absorb. i find la mer VERY overhyped and tacky.

^ wow thanks i like how u replied my questions. gosh my mom still has the big 500ml jar im planning to switch to dermalogica or eminence

i tried this dior cream its very cooling and soft but ive heard dior and chanel skincare aint that good

Yes, La Mer broke me out in tiny white spots...overhyped is an understatement!!!
I recommend Bioderma H2O and Embryiolisse 24HR Miracle Cream the most.
I use Dermalogica as well Clarins- they seem reliable and work well enough.
And FYI, I found that Chanel, Dior and YSL type of "fashion house" skincare lines are
incredibly irritating and over perfumed. Broke me out in painfully annoying cystic acne.
I have sensitive and dry but pimple prone skin...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for an all-natural face mask. Like 100% natural clay from the red sea or something wholesome like that. I won't use anything with any preservatives/chemicals or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

aureate said:
Yes, La Mer broke me out in tiny white spots...overhyped is an understatement!!!
I recommend Bioderma H2O and Embryiolisse 24HR Miracle Cream the most.
I use Dermalogica as well Clarins- they seem reliable and work well enough.
And FYI, I found that Chanel, Dior and YSL type of "fashion house" skincare lines are
incredibly irritating and over perfumed. Broke me out in painfully annoying cystic acne.
I have sensitive and dry but pimple prone skin...

yeah iv enoticed that too like i didn use to have tiny white spots that lay under the skin till i used la mer i gess it s too oily and like that guy said it has mineral oil whihc just stays put on the top causeing it to clog?
now i have an amount of millias or somehing called that
what are cystic acne?
now ive switched to sisleys new hydration cream
i agree that fashion houses skincare arent that great but i just purchased the dior hydraction serum which works great on my skin making it really soft

eostre said:
Can anyone recommend a good lemon or bergamot scented body lotion? :flower:

Try the body cream made by Bliss (Spa in New York) - It's Vanilla and Bergamot scented, great for moisturizing, and smells wonderful. It's available at Sephora!

madem0iselle said:

la mer is simply glorified vaseline, nothing more

marsmars said:
I was looking for an all-natural face mask. Like 100% natural clay from the red sea or something wholesome like that. I won't use anything with any preservatives/chemicals or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Queen Helene Mint masque. It is form the drugstore:sick: , I know, but it is great. Not sure if it is all natural, though:innocent:

My must-haves:

Lait Creme Concentre 24 Hr Miracle Cream
by Embryolisse
Max Daily Defense Moisture Cream SPF 30 - by Peter Thomas Roth
Healthy Skin Face Lotion Night - by Neutrogena (for the Alpha Hydroxy Acid)

and Proactiv Repairing Lotion on occasions where I may break out (it's the benzoyl peroxide that's so effective!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->