Eye Care

ParadEyes

Spring of Córdoba
Reaction score
many people fear using eye creams because the eye area is a very sensitive .. I for one had many bad experiences with eyecreams that caused irritation :doh: so I stopped using any..
I also noticed that because I have been sleeping face-down on pillow for a while, I started getting wrinkles on my eyes..:cry: could this sleeping posture possibly be the reason for skin to age faster? I've read that many times online!

and how do you prevent your eyes from aging? what is your eye care routine?..and what are some of the most effect beauty tips for eyes?

:flower:

I'm not sure how I feel about eye creams... I've read a lot of conflicting reports on them and their effectiveness. I do have to say though, I like the fact that they hydrate my eye area. I always prefer the feeling of applying concealer/eye makeup after using an eye cream. My favourite is the This Works Tired Eye Serum.

Most eye creams really don't have any effect on me and I have tried so many eye stuff, the need for them seems to be manufactured by cosmetic industry. I just use the same products I use on my face. Since I mostly use lightweight and water based products I figure it's ok. Wouldn't put heavy creams with waxes in them or oils around my eyes, cause those cause puffiness, which I hear is really aging cause puffiness impairs blood flow to that area and causes damage to capillaries and connective tissue. I would only get an eye cream in 2 cases: a) I had really specific needs for eye area, like excessive dryness, then I'd go for nourishing eye products that would be an overkill for the rest of my skin b) those products would make a visible difference in how skin around eyes looks.
And this far only 15% vitamin C serums (like the ones from Skinceuticals) and two Sisley products (eye mask and balm) have made visible positive difference. *Maybe* Rx retinoid cream, but it's irritating and drying so I can't tell if it works or not yet.
And I use the same sunscreen I use on my face for eyes too. Since it's zinc based it sort of lightens eye area a bit and makes it appear smoother, which is an added bonus to the sun protection zinc provides.

I actually use Flexitol Heel Balm on my eyes to make them smooth and fill the cracks and start early on getting rid of the wrinkles. The reason why I use Heel balm is because it is a great moisturiser and does wonders for the ageing of your feet so why wouldn't it work on your eye's? or hands? or shoulders or knees?

^OMG Really, does it work? I get those ugly milia seed things even if I use a light eye cream, how can you possibly use a foot cream? Not being critical, I'm genuinely curious, I have terrible eye wrinkles (I've had them since I was 14) and I just want them to go away so I'm willing to try anything (that I can afford).

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, I hate eye wrinkles. I use to use my regular face moisturizer-there was no visual improvement but they id feel hydrated. So then, I thought about using vaseline under my eyes since when I have very badly cracked lips it seemed to heal but I didn't really see a difference but they did feel baby soft :smile: But currently, I use Ponds Nourishing Moisturizing Cream...there is a bit of a difference though.

I have also been thinking of putting tape under my eyes at night to smooth the wrinkles out. Ive been wanting to try it for some time now but dont want to scare my bf. lol

I have also been thinking of putting tape under my eyes at night to smooth the wrinkles out. Ive been wanting to try it for some time now but dont want to scare my bf. lol

Seriously? :ermm: :unsure:

You can get "Frownies" for the eye area so tape can be used to prevent dramatic movements which can lead to wrinkling. I would guess this is more effective for forehead though :unsure:
I've read often that you can use your normal face moisturiser for the eye area - eye creams rarely offer anything significantly different in terms of moisturisation. The foot cream does seem like it would be way too heavy but skincare is very personal so what works for one doesn't work for the other. Just make sure if you try it that it doesn't have menthol or anything for cooling because that would be really irritating around the eye.

Since this thread is about eye care, I thought I'd also bring up eye infections and see if anyone has any tips. I went through about a 6 month period where I was getting them on a very regular basis and it got to the point where I threw away all my eye makeup, basically anything that touched my eyes, mascaras, eyeliners, shadows, brushes & curlers....not sure if this was way too extreme but I've been clear for a while now, I thought I had been very hygenic but it kept coming back so now I'm even more careful.

- Change your pillow cases & towels regularly
- Wash your hands before & after applying makeup.
- Use one cotton pad per eye when removing makeup, you want to minimise any possible transfer of infection. Obviously it's impossible to do this in every case (e.g. mascara) but do the best you can.
- I use an eye wash called Lid Care about once a week or more to keep the area really clean. This was recommended by my optician because of the recurring infections, probably not necessary if you don't get them.
- I also disinfect my makeup on a fortnightly basis. I spray powders with surgical spirit, usually sharpen eye pencils after every use etc. This is also beneficial for keeping skin clear. It is important to change your mascara regularly, it's not just marketing.

I now have really sensitive eyes which wasn't a huge problem for me before, so now I won't use products on the waterline (this is another really easy way to transfer infection)...I also stopped using oil cleansers for the eyes, which I really loved & thought were the best for removal but oh well! Now my eyes have been clear for a long time and I'm really glad I was able to stop the cycle. Hope this helps someone else & if you have more tips, let us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->