Fashion By Stars

I'd actually be quite interested in seeing what John Malkovich does with his supposed line we heard about some months ago. He's always been into fashion doing filmwork with British designer Bella Freud and attending shows quite alot, so you never know what could happen. Also considering,he is quite the idiosyncrat in his filmwork so he may be able to seperate himself from the frivolity of celeb fashion.

ARMANI'S ANTI-CELEBRITY STATUS

GIORGIO ARMANI has criticised the fashion industry for laying too much emphasis on celebrity, claiming that the trend for old labels bringing in new "star designers" discouraged loyalty and brand continuity. As key speaker at the International Herald Tribune's annual conference in Paris yesterday, Armani said that fidelity was key to the success of his business. "Our industry is obsessed with the idea that to be successful, you need highly paid geniuses," he said, through an interpreter. "Forget highly paid geniuses. Loyalty is more important. I have people who have been with me for 25 years - not highly paid geniuses who move from one company to another leaving no trace behind them." During the Q&A session following his typically provocative address, Armani, 69, conceded that he would not be able to run his own $2 billion company forever, admitting that its future could lie with LVMH, like so many fashion houses before it. "Mr Arnault, pay attention," he joked, adding: "I'm no longer 20. And I'm perfectly aware that the situation can become grotesque. To still be in command as a designer at 85 seems absurd. On the creative side, I have people working with me whom I have trained, who will be able to carry on my work brilliantly." (December 5 2003, AM)

armani is anti-designer celeb. must agree. :innocent:

i am one of the ppl out there who are sick and tired of all these celebrities making their own fashion lines. let's pray that this is a fad, b/c even though lots of us here would never go near their things, lots of others are. i feel like if this continues, it will overshadow the "real" designers who want to make it. you know? i guess i am saying that b/c i am a girl who has wanted to be a fashion designer since i was in the 6th grade (1996). To be really honest, it's really discouraging (for me anyway).

By the way, Jaime Pressly has her own line out now and i found that out by watching Punk'D on MTV. Apparently Ashton Kutcher thinks its a joke how celebrities start their own lines like that, too.
Jaime Gets Punk'D
Jaime's Lingerie Line
More About The Line

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->