Fashion Cravings...

Meg

inspired contemplation
Reaction score
Do you ever just see something and it sparks something inside of you...that instantly you think, I need to have that or it creates a trend in your mind?

For example, a couple of days ago I passed a child wearing a Tintin tshirt. I effing love Tintin :woot: And now for some reason I'm obsessed with getting a child's tintin tshirt and wearing it. Sort of an update on having a snug faded rock tee...only this time with Tintin.:lol: Am thinking of stopping by the tintin shop on floral street tonight and seeing what I find....would be the ultimate to find a vintage tintin tee that fit me but I think that quest would be nearly impossible. instead I'll get a new one and beat it up. B)

Anyone else have items they wish to contribute?

I looooove vintage tees :cry:

Right now I am into dressing like a frat guy... :innocent: And lots of black tees, really high heels, comfy cashmere.... no bright colors at all... I love track jackets..

I know what you mean about the fashion cravings though, next time it happens to me, I will psot here

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Milla Jovovich wearing a destroyed skirt/argyle sweater combination that I aboslutely adored a couple years back. I keep clippings of inspiring outfits/hairstyles/makeup etc., and this went right in the book. For Fall I can't wait to wear that, maybe pair it with some flats... just thinking of that mini jean skirt slash argyle sweater combo makes me excited for fall... I just wish I was sliiiightly more slender, because THAT, I feel, would complete the look. But hey, I'll work what I've got. I should find a pic...

A picture I saw on here inspired me to try the very preppy button down/sweater look. Of course I went shopping this weekend and picked up the pieces I needed to complete the look, complete with cute headband.

prep, that sounds great! Love it :heart:

Erin, I hate when you get ideas in your head that you just can't get out until you feel you've done your own version of it.

A distant friend of mine rides horse and has the most amazing pair of beat up cowboy boots!! Since we don't wear the same size I've been on a quest to find my own.

usually the furthest thing from fashion: a lamp, origami :heart: , anatomy drawings, or a rusty shovel. :P any object w/ pleating or the illusion of folds makes me think of fabric, or an object w/ it's mechanics exposed. i am usually inspired by archaic contraptions (rube goldberg is my man) such as this electrostatic generator.

generator.gif

Have you ever dreamt the most perfect dress/outfit etc in your dreams only to wake up and have no clue what it looked like..but with the urge to own it possess this undefinable "it" ..searching your mind for the image, the details of this thing, this thing your mind made up..awhich your memory couldn't retain ?

That's the worst fashion cravings..

In march I went on vacation to San Francisco and found the most fabulous skirt I had ever seen in my life. I tried it on and it just felt like me and I knew I had to have it but for some reason I didn't buy it. I ended up having dreams about it, how crazy is that? dreams about a skirt. My boyfriend thought I had gone completly crazy but by the end of April I finally convinced him to drive back up there and get it. I'm so glad I did, its my favorite skirt and I'm sure I'll wear it for years...Right now I'm craving to wear gloves when it gets cold, like colorful suede ones or ones with buttons

i have these regularly...

i like this thread...wish i had seen it sooner...:D
:flower:

craving dresses...:innocent:

and contact lenses...
:ermm:

Meg said:
Do you ever just see something and it sparks something inside of you...that instantly you think, I need to have that or it creates a trend in your mind?

For example, a couple of days ago I passed a child wearing a Tintin tshirt. I effing love Tintin :woot: And now for some reason I'm obsessed with getting a child's tintin tshirt and wearing it. Sort of an update on having a snug faded rock tee...only this time with Tintin.:lol: Am thinking of stopping by the tintin shop on floral street tonight and seeing what I find....would be the ultimate to find a vintage tintin tee that fit me but I think that quest would be nearly impossible. instead I'll get a new one and beat it up. B)

Anyone else have items they wish to contribute?

I understand the kids shirt, lol. I wear this shirt I got in grade one from school that says 'Fantastic 1st'.. it used to be huge, but now its just cute.... and last winter I bought a glow in the dark dinosoaur T-Shirt from Science World.. hehe.. bit nerdy, but very cute and fun.

brown motorcyle boots

and just wooden beaded necklaces galore

whiskey colored low heeled boots...I might get them if they're still at that store I visited...I really ought not..but hmmm

gold...
antiqued gold specifically...
could be something leather or could be a voluminous skirt...shirt...

but it should be crinkled and wrinkled to give it a 'tarnished' look...
something with a dark edge...

:heart:

Seeing those big bulky necklaces drives me insane... :woot: I adore the look, and I'm so upset that it's considered a "trend".

COLOR! COLOR COLOR! i was craving black back in california, but now that i see so many drab, dark colors here, i'm dying for some color...

i am craving a fresh new look...by that i mean, new clothes, new hair style/cut/colour, new accesories/shoes/bags/jewellry, new everything really...sick of current look...i think im stuck in a boring rutt...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->