Things you were attracted to as a child?

If the bunny ears are what I think, that's the only way I ever tie shoes. I like that one way anyway since it looks like a floopy bow.

Full disclosure: I STILL don't know how to tie my laces in anything other than the "bunny ears" way. It's because of those darn Mary Janes I loved so much. I never wore anything else until I went to college.

Me neither :innocent:. On the other and, why would I? It seems to work so ^_^.

When I was at school there was a real fashion in sports type clothing... It's all I really remeber wanting ... a shell suit was a big thing for a few years... and it could only be nike or addidas... then pringle jumpers where in in a big way with the nick faldo golfer logo on them... every girl wanted them and when you think on it now... kind of daft... but at the time and for me they where my first step into the world of cashmere as I remeber my grandad buying me a cashmere one for christmas one year... which was like the ultimate and I think a lot of my friends where jealous... the bigger the patterns the better also...

And sweater shop jumpers where in for a while too... or mckenzie sweatshirts...

As for other things I loved it was jeans and also a leather jacket... bomber one... Or a Berghaus fleece or North Face fleece... had to be one of those!

Seems really unfeminine now but that was what every girl in the school wore! It was in 1990 though!

when i was a child i wear uniform 5 days a week for the only girls catholic school...
but i remember when i didn't have to wear that i was so attached to my old brother rock t shirts and shirts and my old sister's dresses...
I also remember one of the lil' times i had to spend with my mother as a regular basis was when she was getting ready to go at nights and she asked me what fitted more with something or other thing... complements... not too far ago my friend Trizzia told me ive got good eye to get the right complements...& what fit with what... maybe was my childhood -not on purpose training- to get closer to my mum hahaha.

I loved things that mean something... u know clothes attached to good memories....or meaningful ones. Still im sticking more in the meaning of the clothes sometimes that in the clothes itself... and im still having a thing for men clothes...love 'em... love to put them even if they look loose on me as when i was a child and i did try my brothers stuff that were like looong dresses to me hahahaha

When I was a kid we had to wear uniform which was not easily customisable and usually I was just wearing jumpers etc which my Grandma knitted for me, but when I didn't wear uniform I used to wear all 'old fashioned girly' clothing - like flowery dresses, big floppy hats, frilly socks and buckle over shoes. still do actually!
I also liked wearing bows in my hair, always bows, I used to make them myself out of birthday present ribbons and stick them onto alice-bands.

I loved anything colorful or awkward.

I was the kind to wear a dress with sneakers or boots, then go out and play with the boys. lol

I never gave a damn about getting dirty or that kind of stuff.

I just thought of something else I LOVED that I would never touch again now. Laura Ashley. From ages about 8-11 I loved loved loved their floral dresses in summer and winter and those things that are like a jumper with no sleeves and puffy pant legs that they made (not sure what they're called). Anyway I thought that was the height of pretty and dainty and stylish at the time.:rolleyes:

Everything of my mothers.

She had a very bohemian style and would wear these long flowy skirts and the string that was used to tie around the waist always had these ball shaped bells. I would always jangle them.

My mother always had very short pixie hair ala Audrey Hepburn in the 50's. I loved it and would always cut my barbie doll's hair into the same fashion.

Lipstick and blush. My mom always used very pretty reds and pinks and I would kiss her just so some would rub off on me. :lol:

Wedding dresses. My aunt is the odd one out of really tall people in my family. She's only 5'0. So by the time I was 8 I was her height. I used to run around the house in her wedding dress holding sunflowers clipped from my grandmother's garden and pretend I was getting married to some tall handsome man. ^_^

I loved everything shiny and poofy and colorful and over the top. My mom would have to talk me out of wearing a poofy prom type dress when she was going over to a friends or grocery, but sometimes she'd let me wear it.

My taste is a little less tacky but I still love fun, bright, unusual clothes.

Case in point - mismatched neon shoe laces and stripped leggings :lol:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2
i only remember hating fleece

Last edited by a moderator:
flowery leggings, jelly shoes, doodles, long white socks with summery dresses

Overalls. I seem to have been very fond of a red corduroy pair I wore when I was living in Sweden as a kid. I also seemed to favour a navy blue pair a couple of years down the track. Worn with a white skivvy, white socks and navy Mary Janes.
Dressing myself. Apparently even when I struggled to put something on I still wouldn't let anyone help me, I just had to do it on my own. I remember doing through a hating skirts and dresses phase and only wearing pants.
Pigtails, plaits and braids. I remember one morning when I was 5 or 6, Mum wasn't home and Dad had to do my hair for school and he tried to do a ponytail and I screamed like a banshee because he accidentally pulled my hair too tight and left bumps up the top.
Red and pink
Ballerina outfit that I wore when I did ballet. I didn't need anything other than a leotard, shoes and tights for class but I insisted on having a light pink wrap and a pink tutu, all put in my Hello Kitty "bus" bag.
My red beret and scottie dog scarf
My mum's black leather booties and tan leather knee high boots
My mum's jewellery - I still wear some of it
My mum had a pink sweater with tiny white spots and I remember thinking it was the prettiest thing I had ever seen and just taking it out of the drawer and staring at it.
My dad's clogs. They were far too big for me for years but they fit me now and I use them mainly for pottering outside.

Mary Jane shoes, corduroy (especially in coats) and dresses of course.
I also loved brooches (still do) and velvet. My mother always dressed me in lovely velvet dresses for Christmas; she made copies for my favorite dolls as well :lol:
I started picking out my outfits when I was about five. I remember how I absolutely insisted on wearing a white shirt and my hair a certain style for a pre-school picture. I think my earliest memory of clothes is from when I was three and got a red dress that I just had to wear to the playground. I was so happy. My god..

I loved flowery, frilly, lacey... anything girl and pretty. I especially loved Alice in Wonderland inspired dresses with the pinafore and Peter Pan collars. Mary-Janes and shoes that made noises or had sparkles were my footwear of choice.

I did go through a phase (early 90s) of denim, plaid, and designing your own t-shirts (with puff paint!)... but who didn't in the 90s?

there was puff paint in the 90s? ^ :o i've only heard about puff paint recently.. like a year ago

i've seen it on shirts
but never seen the actual paint to buy and use myself till now

I remember that my friends and I used to be obsessed by those white sneakers with velcro that would lighten up when we'd walk :rofl: . Damn that was the coolest things ever :lol: Sadly we were only allowed to wear them outside of school :rolleyes:

oh also the sneakers that had tiny wheels hidden on the heels^ :wink: you can walk normally and then if you felt like it slide/skate across the room...

When I was little, I was enamored with the long flowy gowns of fairies and gauzy scarves. So it was surprising that I spend most of my teenage years with pants, trenchcoats, men's shirts, and short hair. Now I'm making up for lost time and collecting all things silky and gauzy. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->