Things you were attracted to as a child?

widerlet

Reaction score
What clothes/items did you love when you were are kid and where there any items that you really wanted?

When i was a kid i loved my jelly shoes,by the time my first pair wore out the trend had faded and i could never find a better pair anywhere:cry: lol.
Also there was this ring my sister had,i loved it..it was a silver ring that was like a snake coiled around the finger, i always used to sneak into her jewlerry box and admire the ring:innocent: I'm still looking for something similar to it now:lol:

High heels- :rolleyes: Go figure. I'm a nut now.

Purple eyeshadow. I wanted a makeup brush because it tickled. Now I'm a makeup addict.

I wanted a tiara and a tutu because ballerinas wore them and my sister had them because she took ballet, but I wanted to have the outfit and not the class. My mom gave me ballet style slippers to shut me up for a while.

Snoopy backpack- he was my hero when I was 3.

Black barbie. Someone told me there was a really dark Barbie and I never seen one or believed them so I wanted one for myself.

And the funniest thing....I wanted a headband because my mommy's gay aerobics teacher and her gay friend wore them and everyone loved them. I figured I guess as a child that everyone would adore me like they were. Now we all know better, but maybe thats how it started... gay man trapped in a womans body over here :rofl:

L.A. Gear sneakers. You know, the ones that lit up on the bottom everytime you took a step? I was craaaazy about those!

theridiculous said:
L.A. Gear sneakers. You know, the ones that lit up on the bottom everytime you took a step? I was craaaazy about those!
I used to have teenage ninja turtles sneakers that lit up when you walk when i was 4 but they were stolen after i left them in the car when my mum got her car fixed.:cry:

At age 3 I was already attracted to jewellery, especially turquoises and coral, according to my mother I used to press my nose against the jewellers shopwindow like other kids do at toyshops. Years on, the fascination has but increased:D

Anything i could find in mom's wardrobe, especially jewels and scarves, but perfumes i also adored. Once i poured all the givenchy perfume on me... :rolleyes:

Tights, tights, tights in all the colours that exist! Hey, I was a '90s-kid, off course I wore tights. And I always wanted long, black boots. Some Kate Moss-ish ones.

I was also the skinniest&tallest kid ever, bones sticking out everywhere, and my BIGGEST dream was jeans that was tight, since I didn't had hips, and I never found these jeans tight enough for me without being too short. Nah... was it really the jeans I wanted? Or was it HIPS I wanted? :D Oh, man, hips was my biggest dream when I was kid, so clothes would be tight and fit me.

What a paradox, now my hips is the thing on my body I HATE the most. :doh: :lol:

I used to love Rainbow Brite (remember her? :'( ) and so had a HUGE collection of rainbow derived clothing, including a pair of rainbow gumboots and rainbow socks and a rainbow party dress mum made specially for me:heart: :D

rainbow_brite.jpg

image credit: www.hallmarklicensing.com

I used to stuff things in my pants and under my shirt. I was like 5 or 6 years old. Some sort of weird fashiony thingy, perhaps? God that was a weird phase.

I have always loved BLACK shoes.

I used to wear this ankle high black Reebox sneaks like everywhere. I lived in those things.

I'd wear them with shorts and tank tops in the summer. And I was always really skinny growing up.

My stepmother hated them, said my legs looked like toothpicks stuck into black jelly beans.:blink:

According to family-legend (which I really dont remember)...there was this blue coat w/ a red hood & white fur lining around the hood, and I wore it everywhere, everyday, all the time...To bed, to breakfast, to dinner..and, from what Dad tells me, everytime he would try to take it off, I'd throw a fit and start crying.

So I guess even at a young age, I'd get upset if I couldnt wear what I wanted to..Hmmm..

Near the age of six or seven, I remember wanting high-tops before the start of a new school year - at the last minute, I went searching with my parents in tow, but we weren't successful in finding a pair in time... funny how the things I never managed to acquire have left the most lasting impression...:innocent: :lol: But I cherished my collections of 'jelly' sandals, Scrunchies, leggings, oversized chenille sweaters...:ninja:

I was just thinking about this recently when I bought a pair of red shoes for the first time in forever ... I loved red when I was a little kid. My mother always got me brown or black shoes, but one time she ordered one of these and red came by accident. I begged to keep them (and did), and they clashed horribly with this orange dress I had at the time :D

I also absolutely loved these red corduroy overalls I had when I was about 2 years old. I am wearing them in one of my very first memories, walking down the staircase in my grandmother's house when I was so short I had to sway and reeeeach for the next step. I was going down to the kitchen to eat breakfast and I remember all the wonderful smells of pancakes and sausage and maple syrup wafting up the stairs. I had a doll named Gretchen with blonde yarn braids and she had matching red corduroy overalls that I assume my mom must have made for her :heart:

I always wanted ballet flats, but I was very skinny and tiny and my mother never found any ballet flats of my size because my feet were to thin and all were too wide for me. I was really envious of my school mates who can wear it.

Now, I explain my obsesion for buying all the cute ballets I see, because now they suit me!

I had a particular pair of thick socks when I was really small. I called them my "ranger socks". I think it had something to do with a cartoon I watched on TV. I loved them.

Later, around second grade, I loved wearing jeans and hightop sneakers. I still do.

Also in second grade, soft, I had a tremendous crush on this girl in my class, but she liked my best friend and ignored me. In third grade, I went to a different school, and there was only one other new student in the class that year. I thought she was gorgeous. So did she. :lol:

I was in fourth or fifth grade when the spice girls were huge. and lets just say, i had a pair of hologram platform sneakers that i wore the hell out of. i just thought they were the coolest ever

Um lols, it was probably..
- Mum's high heels
- Make-up [I seriously would just wear all of the products]
- Dresses
- Ballerina outfit
- Pink handbag
and that's about it...wait I think there's more...I can't think actually....lols. xD

Overalls...jelly sandals...headbands...dresses...anything purple.

...and I hated itchy jumpers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->