What's the WORST thing you've ever worn?

Not my worst outfit but last week i wore some really crazy things due to lack of proper winter clothes and blisters on my feet.

i believe at one point i may have worn black tights and a black cotton a-line knee-length skirt with tri-tone pink converse hitops and on top a oversized grey hoody sometimes just by itself and sometimes with a brown/pink adidas puffy vest. It was hilarious and I couldn't believe I was wearing it but alas, that is all i had in terms of unironed clothes and something to keep me warm! :lol:

'sokay,Meg,people probably just thought that your style icon is an Olsen twin :rofl: :lol:

My worst fashion mistakes stem from the 80's,when I hit my teens. From my big curly hair through my bright plastic earrings,shoulder pads,waist cinched with bright plastic belt,all the way down to my neon socks and "Ladi Di" shoes.(I suspect I'm talking to the wrong crown to understand Lady Di shoes:lol: )

Which later morphed into my 1986 Madonna inspired outfits...oh the finglerless gloves,the lace,the necklaces,the... I shall stop now:blush: .

I'm never keen to bring out the high school pics:lol: .

In the sixth form at school, when you could finally wear your own clothes, i did a lot of dodgy 'experimenting'.
I went through a velvet blazer phase, which wasn't so bad, but also went to the US and came back with a variety of horribly bright, 'children's tv-presenter' style sweaters from Marshalls, which at the time i thought were a bargain!

also had a pair of houndstooth stirrup pants, some kind of penny loafer and a red jumper. thought i was the shiznit . . .

but that's old stuff. more recently i found a picture of myself looking WACK. I was wearing a cream knitted bakerboy hat, a long suede jacket, a sparkly mint-green and brown long stripey scarf and a sherbet pink patterned eighies top. I really don't know what i was thinking, because it looked foul.

When I was about 7 years old my favorite piece of clothing was a forest green turtleneck flare-legged velour jumpsuit. This was in the 80's; you couldn't get away with that sh*t, even if you were 7. No wonder my grade-school social life was doomed. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^oh yes those were really hidious... I just saw someone wearing a pair the other day!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

droogist said:
When I was about 7 years old my favorite piece of clothing was a forest green turtleneck flare-legged velour jumpsuit. This was in the 80's; you couldn't get away with that sh*t, even if you were 7. No wonder my grade-school social life was doomed. :lol:

:rofl: I love your comments on that outfit droog. I'm seriously laughing over here

As for buffalo platform sneakers.....there is a member of this board who had a pair and likes to wear them out clubbing quite often :innocent: he can rock them though

i recently found them and gave them away while still looking puzzled at what i had worn, but when i found them i tried them on to joke about it and remember how fascinated i was for such a weird thing, and how i used to feel in them and got a bit reluctant to give them away and it even crossed my mind to wear them again just for the laugh, then luckily, conscious took over.
(i love these abandoned threads...)

Windbreaker, stirup pants and big sweatshirts with Lisa Frank stickers on my backpack.

horrible mixes of tracksuits back in the school... my body was so childish and all the big brands made me look with the things too baggy, too short, or too skinny... so ive made all kind of horror mixes...

I was well out of high school before I got to have 100% say on what I wore. So without further adieu... some photos: Actually I'm probably going to make up for the lack of photos on here. :innocent:

1993 I think: Micky Mouse print Christmas shirt, red sweat pants, blue jean jacket complete with Christmas pin.
Scan691March182006-1.jpg

7th grade: Windsuit. That's all I need to say. :lol:
NDMS.jpg

I actually loved this outfit. :huh:
MondayJune0420073.jpg

Let's see... Garfield ball cap with an uncurved bill, BUM equipment shirt with matching shorts, sunglasses on a granny string, a diy anklet over socks that are pulled up... did I miss anything?
MondayJune0420072.jpg

That should do it for now. I don't have images on my computer, but during middle school (6-8th grade) I lived in oversized Big Dogs shirts and before that I had an Umbros phase.

Tommy Hilfiger OVERALLS in grade school. I'm glad I got that off my conscience. Hopefully God will forgive my sins and I won't burn in hell now. My outfits in grade school were weird, just as now, but often atrocious as well.

I also had a collection of ugly mocknecks or turtlenecks. Not nice ones, ugly ones. I wore holiday-themed ones at innappropriate times of the year (not that that's ever acceptable). I'm sure there are other terrible things I've actually blocked from my memory, from trauma.

My school uniform, without a doubt. I'm well away from that time and I still shudder just thinking about it.

In fact, most of what I wore between age 13-18 was hideous- I was terribly self-conscious as a teenager, what with puberty and all, and I hardly had any say in what I got to wear. I'm just very glad there are almost no pics of me from those days still in existence..

This:

ST834772.jpg

:rofl:

I wore it almost every day in high school and just finally disposed of it this morning! :shock::lol: From the midriff-length to the batwing sleeves and the asymmetric double sleeves to that DISGUSTING color combination, not to mention the ginormous D&G logo... everything is just wrong, what was I thinking? I have to admit one of the main reasons I loved wearing it was that the neon yellow hoodie strings pissed off my best friend so much :angel::lol:

I had a black sleeveless top that had a white text print saying "Are u the one?" I was twelve years old.. Wtf was I thinking? :lol:

^ :rofl:

I'm not sure what's the worst I've worn, probably what I wear now :lol:, most things I wore in the past make me go 'aw' instead of 'ew', even if they might deserve the latter, at the time I wore it because I was really into that and ideas and people related to that too... I also have this thing with clothes (and life in general) that makes me get way too attached so I'll wear them obsessively every single day for months (I do wash them!) and then drop them as soon as a new object of desire comes along and they really become like museum pieces in my mind... nice memories because they're a phase, can't really classify them as best or worst.

Objectively though, my most experimental time was when I was 11-14 (my favorite phase when it comes to stuff I wore- I probably didn't wear a pan on my head because it was needed in the kitchen :lol:), and opposite of most people, my really awkward phase came right after, it kind of dawned on me I had experimented a little too much and suddenly felt really insecure and started wearing hoodies and the ugliest jeans (from a skate shop a bf around those years was into- really ugly store too in hindsight)... it lasted for a little over a year but still, pretty dark and depressive even if there was nothing dark about it (I'd dress like I drove trucks basically :lol:)... I have issues with hoodies and thick denim as a result.

Looking back, I'm inclined to criticize everything I've worn on the basis of trying too hard. In the form of a condensed timeline, I dressed like Little Miss Sunshine when I was a kid, followed by an ugly Hot Topic phase when the angst of adolescence hit. During my later teenage years, I fell into a slump and just wore bland clothes for a few years. It was shortly afterward that I rekindled my interest in uhm, self-expression (and also joined this site). My style was decent for awhile, until I started getting too eccentric, spurning my cashier's uniform for printed silk dresses and strange, futuristic updos at work. I can't think of one worst outfit, but I can remember a worst hairstyle... :lol: Now I feel I finally have good taste, and no money. :(

suddenly felt really insecure and started wearing hoodies and the ugliest jeans (from a skate shop a bf around those years was into- really ugly store too in hindsight)... it lasted for a little over a year but still, pretty dark and depressive even if there was nothing dark about it (I'd dress like I drove trucks basically :lol:)... I have issues with hoodies and thick denim as a result.

Same here, except unfortunately he wasn't my BF, just a guy I had a major crush on and we've been on a few dates. I wanted him to really like me, so I started to dress similar as he did (he was a skater), I just don't know what was I thinking. :shock:
I even remember having troubles finding red hoodie that would match his DC one and when I got it I started to wear it with my washed baggy jeans.
Maybe that's the reason why I don't like or wear jeans now, almost 10 years later. :lol:

Looking back, I'm inclined to criticize everything I've worn on the basis of trying too hard. In the form of a condensed timeline, I dressed like Little Miss Sunshine when I was a kid, followed by an ugly Hot Topic phase when the angst of adolescence hit. During my later teenage years, I fell into a slump and just wore bland clothes for a few years. It was shortly afterward that I rekindled my interest in uhm, self-expression (and also joined this site). My style was decent for awhile, until I started getting too eccentric, spurning my cashier's uniform for printed silk dresses and strange, futuristic updos at work. I can't think of one worst outfit, but I can remember a worst hairstyle... :lol: Now I feel I finally have good taste, and no money. :(

:lol:

Back when we were into that Bernhard Willhelm aesthetic (was that the eccentric phase?), I thought Jennifer = this collection. Cause I'd go for like the safest BW looks in the WWYWT thread and you'd be like. I don't know what good taste is anymore but man, I LOVED that time! :lol:... and in reality it was all second-hand nastiness (that was actually fun for me).

I even remember having troubles finding red hoodie that would match his DC one and when I got it I started to wear it with my washed baggy jeans.

That sounds so familiar! I remember begging my mom to buy me one of the Thrasher ones with the logo across the chest (she never did) just because this guy and all of his friends had them in different colors.

Come to think of it, boy influence really sucks, especially that awkward earlier approach (where matching and emulating gets blurry), but it's always present..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->