Things you were attracted to as a child?

Ooo! Me too about the make-up! I would like pile everything of my mom's and be all giggly. Ironic because I don't wear much now but haha.... Anyway...I had a Lucy and Charlie Brown doll that I would push around in strollers in Central Park and pretend they were my babies. I had a mommy complex when I was little.

beaded bags with the kisslock closures. I remember the squishyness, the feel of the lining and I remember the smell the most. they all had a smell :rolleyes: isn't that ridiculous, but they made me very happy.

I had a yellow Olive and Popeye hoodie that I loved
And a red and green dress with a big duck on it that I thought was great.
Loved bags... always wore a little one to keep the key to my room in. It made me feel important I suppose. :P
Also liked balaclavas -> :ninja:
:lol:

when i was a little girl i was a little princess with frilly dresses and nightgowns, playing ballerina in our living room in checkered socks and a balletdress. when i got a little bit older i discovered my grandma's attick, and used to go through all the stuff from the 60's and 70's and wear them to school. i think i got my obsession with vintage from there..very early on :wink:

I really really adored pink when I was a kid. Pink watches, dresses, shoes, handbags (I toted a pink rabbit handbag:wink:)..you get the idea.

I loved to preen and pose in front of the mirror and I loved to wear patent mary-janes with my shoes - they had the kids' version available and I remember owing them in blue, black, white and pink.....

Guess some things never change :rolleyes:

My parents were so strict I couldn't wear anything fitted so the first friend I made when I got on my own was a tailor... I hate super baggy clothes now!

neon colored anything
tight fitting shirts
tacky nail polish
hello kitty
flared jeans
plastic jewelry

Um lols, it was probably..
- Mum's high heels
- Make-up [I seriously would just wear all of the products]
- Dresses
- Ballerina outfit
- Pink handbag
and that's about it...wait I think there's more...I can't think actually....lols. xD

You just reminded me that I had some bright red chunky heels that someone gave me ... not that dissimilar to some shoes I have now :wink: I wore them with this embroidered bright blue straw hat to push my baby buggy around :P There's a picture of me like this, wearing a dress with some kind of pattern--it makes quite a statement :innocent: I was very traditional back then with the dolls & everything--I guess I got it all out of my system :lol:

I loved Play-doh and used it to make all these fancy cookies ... which I still make, but now they're edible :chef:

I had to wear casual clothing more often when I had to go to school, but I tried to get to wear dresses as often as possible. When I had to go to the shoe store I went straight to the black Maryjane shoes, even though some of those times I was supposed to be looking at sneakers. :innocent:

^ I liked Mary Janes then too ^_^ Still have quite a few, even though my high arch is a little difficult to fit. And I remember when my mother ordered me some in black or brown from Sears or some catalog, and they came in red accidentally, I begged successfully to keep them. It's all about the red shoes for me, apparently :lol:

I LOVE Mary Janes! I wore Mary Janes as part of my grade school uniform. Most kids hated wearing the uniforms...but I never did. I always thought our pinafores were similar to the kind Alice in Wonderland wore. So, I always cultivated the pinafore, Mary Janes, and knee socks/tights look.

This is such a cute thread! It brings me back.:blush:

Things I was attracted to as a child.....

Fringe. Like in the '80s (when I was a kid) sometimes I saw a lady wearing a leather jacket that had leather or suede fringe running along the seam of the arms and across the yoke. I always wanted to touch it and thought it looked so cool. Of course now I wouldn't want anything to do with those jackets but then it looked so cool and fun to play with.

Dangly earrings. That's what I called them. They just seemed so cool to me. I guess I liked swingy things that looked like you could play with them. Maybe I liked playing with my mom's. ^_^

Stick-out bathing suits. This is what I called two-piece bathing suits because when you wear them your belly button sticks out.

My pink patent mary-janes. I think I still have some in a box of baby things too. I loved them and would get another of the exact same kind when I grew and had to go up a size too.

Jelly shoes. Except I called them glass slippers and pretended I was cinderella. Hated how stones always go stuck in the bottom though.

Wearing dresses. All all the time. I think this lasted until about second grade (age 7ish) when got less hardcore girly somehow. When I was old enough to go to school, I learned to wear bike shorts under them so I could still go on the swings and monkey bars and no one would see my underwear.

Pink everything and anything. Even things like foods. It didn't matter what it was if there was a pink option in anything that was what I wanted. And if there was no pink but there was red, I called it pink and chose that.:lol:

That's all that stands out that I was attracted to off the top of my head.

One thing I hated: saddle shoes. I had pink and white ones. I don't know why but to this day I still hate them. Maybe someone I didn't like wore them? Maybe that pair just hurt my feet and to this day I still hate all saddle shoes.

Maybe it was because I lived in Germany but I had never heard of Jellies until I heard Dane Cook say it on one of his CDs from 2005. :lol:

I loved wearing my Barbie shoes that had Velcro straps. So convenient that I don't know why we don't do it for adult shoes (if you're not a senior citizen). :lol: Am I right?

Ripped jeans: I thought I was the sh*t when my jeans had holes in the knees.

I used to always roll down my socks. If they had a pretty pattern like a flower or some kind of frill, I would roll them down so everyone could see.

^ I've had shoes with Velcro before as an adult :wink: Sporty kinda shoes ...

Thank goodness! ^_^ I've recently realized how convenient little kids shoes are because I seem to be doing much more tying than I'm comfortable with.

I loved everything with Mickey or Minnie Mouse on it. OBSESSED.

It took me really long before I could tie my laces, so untill I was 8 I hated laced shoes :innocent:. Other then that I pretty much liked everything bright coloured, matching didn't really matter. I remember I had a matching yellow/orange/blue shirt & short wich I lived in.
Oh those were the times :lol:!

I didn't figure out the laces until 8. I thought I was just being slow but recently I realized that I took longer than other kids because I avoided wearing sneakers as often as I could.

Full disclosure: I STILL don't know how to tie my laces in anything other than the "bunny ears" way. It's because of those darn Mary Janes I loved so much. I never wore anything else until I went to college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->